It's not Easter, its Cesar Chavez's birthday!

boyst

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget Climate Change

No, not really. Guns maybe.

It's kinda funny though how anyone who doesn't have a hoax-based/conspiracy-based view of climate change is crazy in the eyes of PPP. The most I've ever said is that the science is still out/evolving, which it is.

At least I have the balls to display my idiocy on a variety of topics whereas Geno here likes to remind us how bad religion is and nothing else.

Please! I discuss things that interest me. Most of the crap spewed around here now reads like a tea party rally. As I've said before: one big happy circle jerk. So f-ing boring...

Out of curiosity, why does anyone think that a private company like Google owes you a picture of Jesus on Easter?

Out of curiosity, why does anyone think that a private company like Google owes you a picture of Jesus on Easter?

Geno,

I did a GvG on this and the big man said that people were not so much mad that Jesus did not get a photo but a lot of people are sick of having pictures of commie douche bags rammed down their intertube.

Please! I discuss things that interest me. Most of the crap spewed around here now reads like a tea party rally. As I've said before: one big happy circle jerk. So f-ing boring...

So hating on religious people interests you? What an ass!

They don't owe me or anyone ****. But let's ask others. Ask someone in France, Gemany, China, Russia, Poland, England, Spain, Greece, Korea, etc, etc, etc who Cesar Chavez is.

Geno,

I did a GvG on this and the big man said that people were not so much mad that Jesus did not get a photo but a lot of people are sick of having pictures of commie douche bags rammed down their intertube.

I just figured you free-market types would be ok with a private company doing as they please, especially one which is used so freely and frequently by so many. I mean especially with the whole GvG thing. It's almost as if the big man himself supports the Chavez tribute, judged solely on his continued preferred method of communication with you!

BTW, what's with the new digs friend-o?

So hating on religious people interests you? What an ass!

Nope. Human nature and the lengths people go to to justify their belief systems interests me. I don't hate very many people at all. Most aren't worth the time and effort. Maybe Dan Marino.

They don't owe me or anyone ****. But let's ask others. Ask someone in France, Gemany, China, Russia, Poland, England, Spain, Greece, Korea, etc, etc, etc who Cesar Chavez is.

Has it ever occurred to you that Google might have *gasp* different "Doodles" on different days in different countries???

The Chavez one seems to have been a US-only Doodle. From the Wiki page citing 2013 Doodles:

March 31

Google's U.S. page commemorated the 86th birthday of Cesar Chavez. This brought some controversy as the date coincided with Easter, which various people, including conservatives and Christians, expressed Google should have celebrated instead; a Google Doodle for Easter last appeared in 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_Doodles_in_2013

90 seconds of research is asking a lot, I know...

BTW, nice to see you, Chef.

I just figured you free-market types would be ok with a private company doing as they please, especially one which is used so freely and frequently by so many. I mean especially with the whole GvG thing. It's almost as if the big man himself supports the Chavez tribute, judged solely on his continued preferred method of communication with you!

BTW, what's with the new digs friend-o?

I commandeered the Googlebot so I don't think it indicates the big man likes or dislikes the originating company of said bot.

I'm ok with Google doing whatever the heck they want with tier stupid pictures. I think it is sort of dumb since if their hero commies had won the cold war then Google would not even exist but whatever. Lots of people are smart about one thing and stupid about another.

I did not ask the big man what he thought about Chavez, but he pretty much likes everybody. And before you ask, yes he can call somebody a commie douche bag and still like him. I pretty much think he created commie douche bags to remind us all how annoying things can be. Plus he is into boxing but never really did like what Boom Boom did to that poor Korean guy.

I commandeered the Googlebot so I don't think it indicates the big man likes or dislikes the originating company of said bot.

I'm ok with Google doing whatever the heck they want with tier stupid pictures. I think it is sort of dumb since if their hero commies had won the cold war then Google would not even exist but whatever. Lots of people are smart about one thing and stupid about another.

I did not ask the big man what he thought about Chavez, but he pretty much likes everybody. And before you ask, yes he can call somebody a commie douche bag and still like him. I pretty much think he created commie douche bags to remind us all how annoying things can be. Plus he is into boxing but never really did like what Boom Boom did to that poor Korean guy.

Good answers, thanks. I've always felt bad for that Korean guy too.

So what's with the whole incognito thing? Are you undercover or something? Hope I didn't blow it for you!

Ask the big guy what we're getting for Pominville when you get a chance ok?

Nevermind, that probably violates some or all of the rules. I forgot...

Good answers, thanks. I've always felt bad for that Korean guy too.

So what's with the whole incognito thing? Are you undercover or something? Hope I didn't blow it for you!

Ask the big guy what we're getting for Pominville when you get a chance ok?

Nevermind, that probably violates some or all of the rules. I forgot...

Yup...can't ask for predictions of the future. Can't ask why. Can ask who, what, where, when.

To bring this thing full circle we can only pray to Jesus that we get a poster of Chavez for Pominville because that is more than what he is worth. But that is just my opinion, and I did not ask the Googlebot, much less the big guy.

Now you know what we feel like when we watch almost any msm.

Has it ever occurred to you that Google might have *gasp* different "Doodles" on different days in different countries???

The Chavez one seems to have been a US-only Doodle. From the Wiki page citing 2013 Doodles:

No it never occurred to me otherwise I would not have said what I said. So let's narrow it down. A poll of how many Americans have heard of Jesus Christ and know of his life vs how many have heard of Cesar Chavez and know of his would reveal what exactly? And thanks for you 90 seconds of research.

No it never occurred to me otherwise I would not have said what I said. So let's narrow it down. A poll of how many Americans have heard of Jesus Christ and know of his life vs how many have heard of Cesar Chavez and know of his would reveal what exactly? And thanks for you 90 seconds of research.

But do you really think there is/was an agenda by Google when they posted that image? If they thought anything about it, I'd imagine the most likely reason to do so would be to stir controversy for ***** and giggles / free pub. Nothing more and certainly nothing sinister or political in nature.

But do you really think there is/was an agenda by Google when they posted that image? If they thought anything about it, I'd imagine the most likely reason to do so would be to stir controversy for ***** and giggles / free pub. Nothing more and certainly nothing sinister or political in nature.

Agenda? No. A dumb move? Maybe. So some people high up who decide these things came to the conclusion that their choices were: a. Something about the holiest of days in the most popular religion in the world. b. Something about a grape picker in California or c. The generic google logo. For some reason they went with b. Why? Who knows what goes on there. Seeing I do financial planning just up the road from Mountain View I've met a lot of people that either work there or want to work there. Weird people mostly. Keep in mind these are the same people that came up with Google Nose as a April Fools trick.

I would have thought conservatives would have liked Google's choice- 1. Originality 2. not following the masses and tradition (not sheep) 3. not politically correct 4. not supporting a practice that demands the suspension of critical thinking .

I would have thought conservatives would have liked Google's choice- 1. Originality 2. not following the masses and tradition (not sheep) 3. not politically correct 4. not supporting a practice that demands the suspension of critical thinking .

1. I guess

2. I have no idea

3. You can not be more politically correct than promoting a commie douche so you are way off here

4. I don't get it.

Bonus: Are you stoned again? Because it sounds like you're stoned again.

Angus Young's birthday is March 31st. He fits all those a lot better than Cesar Chavez.

Angus Young's birthday is March 31st. He fits all those a lot better than Cesar Chavez.

I really don't get why anyone gives a !@#$? It's a private company and maybe they just dig Cesar Chavez more than they dig Jesus. It's their right and it's also your right to use bing.