It's not Easter, its Cesar Chavez's birthday!

boyst

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While your posts are always so diverse and informative!

Good comeback. You're rolling now man. Next you'll say something like this:

"for someone who doesn't believe in god you sure to stick up for those that do." Come on Gene, don't disappoint.

How many average Americans would take the day off as a 'Holiday' if it was "Devils Praise Day?" or "Bin Laden Memorial Day?" I would bet over half of the country would. I would. What is funny, the Left would cheer both as conquests of the 1st Amendment should either happen... yet, lets try to have a "Bush Family Apprecation Day"...

How many average Americans would take the day off as a 'Holiday' if it was "Devils Praise Day?" or "Bin Laden Memorial Day?" I would bet over half of the country would. I would. What is funny, the Left would cheer both as conquests of the 1st Amendment should either happen... yet, lets try to have a "Bush Family Apprecation Day"...

:lol: :lol:

IMO, this sums it up... I think even Jesus himself would agree:

"...So on Sunday, Google bypassed posting an image of Christ to instead honor a man who devoted his life to helping the downtrodden.

I dunno, sounds kind of Christ-like to me.

Conservative talk-show host Glenn Beck was one of the first to speak out, tweeting "Cool for Google to not celebrate Easter but really?!!? ..." (Twitter.com/GlennBeck).

Where was the outrage in 2011 when Google celebrated what would have been German chemist Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday on Easter Sunday?

Oh wait, that's right, it's not the lack of the Easter doodle, it's the "liberal" agenda Google is forcing on the world.

Google hasn't posted an Easter doodle since 2000, and up until this year, no one has complained."

As great of a boxer Caesar Chavez was back in the 80s/90s no way he measures up to a guy coming back to life from the dead. Shame Google. Never knew he was a farmer also. That's kinda good

Edited by Dante

IMO, this sums it up... I think even Jesus himself would agree:

"...So on Sunday, Google bypassed posting an image of Christ to instead honor a man who devoted his life to helping the downtrodden.

I dunno, sounds kind of Christ-like to me.

Conservative talk-show host Glenn Beck was one of the first to speak out, tweeting "Cool for Google to not celebrate Easter but really?!!? ..." (Twitter.com/GlennBeck).

Where was the outrage in 2011 when Google celebrated what would have been German chemist Robert Bunsen's 200th birthday on Easter Sunday?

Oh wait, that's right, it's not the lack of the Easter doodle, it's the "liberal" agenda Google is forcing on the world.

Google hasn't posted an Easter doodle since 2000, and up until this year, no one has complained."

Let's be honest...it's simply because they only Chavez Americans currently remember is Hugo.

Let's be honest...it's simply because they only Chavez Americans currently remember is Hugo.

But, still, what is amazing to me is that I first went to Google on Sunday morning to do my weely search of looking for...wait...nevermind

Anyway, before there was even outrage, not even realizing it would be a stir... I posted this. Hmmph. I think it speaks more that the average guy, even an atheist, sees it and thinks it is bizzare. That is like on Dec 25 not posting a Christmas tree but a Hebrew Star.

That is like on Dec 25 not posting a Christmas tree but a Hebrew Star.

Huh? No, nothing like it.

Again... Very Christ like thing to do and Google seized rightfully upon it. Christmas has become a national holiday and is a set day. How often does the first Sunday of the first full moon after the vernal equinox fall on March 31st? I think it is pretty fitting thing to do. If Jesus walked the earth, he would probably agree! Not that it matters, taking the name Francis (of Assisi) as Pope... He would probably wonder what the fuss was about too. On Easter Sunday, Jesus has risen. From Pope Francis' Easter homily:

"...Jesus did not return to his former life, to earthly life, but entered into the glorious life of God and he entered there with our humanity, opening us to a future of hope..."

Homer: Who are you? Ghost of César Chávez: I am the spirit of César Chávez. Homer: Then why do you look like César Romero? Ghost of César Chávez: Because you don't know what César Chávez looks like.

That is the guy that runs around and trains dogs. He looks like The Joker... Right?

:-P

That is the guy that runs around and trains dogs. He looks like The Joker... Right?

:-P

http://http://en.wikipedia....ki/Cesar_Romero

Cesar Julio Romero, Jr. (February 15, 1907 – January 1, 1994), was an American film and television actor who was active in film, radio, and television for almost sixty years. His wide range of screen roles included Latin lovers, historical figures in costume dramas, characters in light domestic comedies, and as the Joker in the Batmantelevision series, which was included in TV Guide's 2013 list of The 60 Nastiest Villains of All Time.[1]

Yep

Edited by meazza