Active Player Coming Out of the Closet - are you okay with that?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as hes not a red haired white male im ok with it

now that was funny!!!!

but i dont get the need for this publicity. i have problem w the attention grabbing not his sexual orientation.

Edited by Tcali

http://www.nfl.com/n...-saying-hes-gay

If it was a Bill would it change your opinion of him?

Call me old school but I don't think a gay player should be in the NFL. No straight guy would want to shower next to a guy if he is homosexual.

It would be a circus. Don't think it would work. If somebody was gay and playing in the NFL he better keep it a secret.

And if he was a Bill...well I just won't go there.

Does anyone think there are NO gay players in the NFL? Hey its not like this is still much of an issue.

This guy thinks it's an issue. Jerry Smith was a tremendous receiver for the Redskins way back when. You think his teammates (some of them must have known and spread the word) didn't appreciate his contributions despite what he was? Plenty of them showed up at his funeral.

If you have a problem with homosexuality in 2013 you should probably look in the mirror and reevaluate the way that you are living your life. Who really cares who someone else loves or is attracted to? If it doesn't have anything to do with you than you shouldn't be concerned about it. It is not your decision nor your place to judge how others live their lives.

I fully support these players coming out. There human beings and deserve to be happy in life. What I find funny is how many peopel would support Vick, a convicted felon who's greed and shameful disregard of life but somehow have major issues with non violent non criminal persons who are gay

I REALLY look forward to the bigotry and hateful feelings that exposes the shallow human beings here and everywhere.

I hope it happens, the fact is the majority will support sed player coming out and those who get angry bitter and hateful will be pushed further into the corner..

Edited by shibuya

I wonder if the player in question is as gay as this thread. I'm all for gay people being treated like everyone else, but this militant pro-gay steam some of you are spewing sounds more like the "look at me! Look at me! See how open minded I am!" grandstanding I'm used to seeing from pathetic tools dealing with white guilt who have to be even more outraged than the black guy to prove you're "one of the good one's." Someone in this thread even went so far as to denigrate as juvenile and ignorant the belief that gay sex is "icky". I got news for you tough guy: Butt sex IS "icky". Swimming around in someone else's **** is kind of gross - and that's true of heterosexual butt love too.

The point is, can't we just agree that gay people shouldn't be ridiculed for their sexuality without being fags about it.

I wonder if the player in question is as gay as this thread. I'm all for gay people being treated like everyone else, but this militant pro-gay steam some of you are spewing sounds more like the "look at me! Look at me! See how open minded I am!" grandstanding I'm used to seeing from pathetic tools dealing with white guilt who have to be even more outraged than the black guy to prove you're "one of the good one's." Someone in this thread even went so far as to denigrate as juvenile and ignorant the belief that gay sex is "icky". I got news for you tough guy: Butt sex IS "icky". Swimming around in someone else's **** is kind of gross - and that's true of heterosexual butt love too.

The point is, can't we just agree that gay people shouldn't be ridiculed for their sexuality without being fags about it.

Poast of the year.

wow, 7 pages on the gay... I mean, I know it's the offseason and all, but really? As for me and my opinion. I'm not religious, nor am I a self-declared intellectual social scientist with scholars adorning my office walls, but homosexuality to me seems mostly a product of ones environment. I know, I know, lots of useless ill-conceived studies from these same social scientists say otherwise, but they're worth about as much as the paper on which they're written. To me, and almost all (But not all) gay people I've met all suffer from the same personality type, and that's both men and women. They're self-loathing, narcissists, even if they don't themselves realize it. Most (but not all) gays I've met also have some issue from their childhood that raises questions about their now adult affliction with homosexuality. Mommy issues, Daddy issues, molestation, self-esteem issues, you name it. You wanna be gay, fine, go be gay power to you and all, but stop for the love of Buddy Nix, with the in-your-face BS. Being gay shouldn't reflect in any way on how someone plays football, so why even make it an issue unless you're "seeking" attention, and somehow trying to tie your predilection for the gay to your football ability. New flash, being gay doesn't have anything to do with your athleticism or football intelligence, NOTHING at all to do with it. Wise up, and just go play football!

wow, 7 pages on the gay... I mean, I know it's the offseason and all, but really? As for me and my opinion. I'm not religious, nor am I a self-declared intellectual social scientist with scholars adorning my office walls, but homosexuality to me seems mostly a product of ones environment. I know, I know, lots of useless ill-conceived studies from these same social scientists say otherwise, but they're worth about as much as the paper on which they're written. To me, and almost all (But not all) gay people I've met all suffer from the same personality type, and that's both men and women. They're self-loathing, narcissists, even if they don't themselves realize it. Most (but not all) gays I've met also have some issue from their childhood that raises questions about their now adult affliction with homosexuality. Mommy issues, Daddy issues, molestation, self-esteem issues, you name it. You wanna be gay, fine, go be gay power to you and all, but stop for the love of Buddy Nix, with the in-your-face BS. Being gay shouldn't reflect in any way on how someone plays football, so why even make it an issue unless you're "seeking" attention, and somehow trying to tie your predilection for the gay to your football ability. New flash, being gay doesn't have anything to do with your athleticism or football intelligence, NOTHING at all to do with it. Wise up, and just go play football!

Yeah, definitely, and I wish those hetero players (who have no self-loathing or narcissism or mommy or daddy issues, because those things are SO rare in human beings) would stop with all the in-your-face hetero stuff too - always kissing their wives and girlfriends in public and going out to dinner with them and thanking them in speeches and having wives days and wives clubs and starting charities with them and talking about their weddings and how much they love them and . . .These things have NOTHING to do with athleticism or football intelligence, so they should just keep their wives and girlfriends in a closet and keep their mouths shut about them and play ball.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

Yeah, definitely, and I wish those hetero players (who have no self-loathing or narcissism or mommy or daddy issues, because those things are SO rare in human beings) would stop with all the in-your-face hetero stuff too - always kissing their wives and girlfriends in public and going out to dinner with them and thanking them in speeches and having wives days and wives clubs and starting charities with them and talking about their weddings and how much they love them and . . .These things have NOTHING to do with athleticism or football intelligence, so they should just keep their wives and girlfriends in a closet and keep their mouths shut about them and play ball.

And why prey tell can’t the gay dudes do the same things? No one is saying the gay can’t kiss and hug their boyfriends, or talk about them at the water cooler, or set up charities with them, heck even start their own boyfriends and husbands clubs.. :) All the power to ya bro.

As to football none of it matters. Who cares if you’re gay? Yeah I may not like the idea of two guys making out, or butt-sexing each other, and I would probably not associate with them outside of football, but it’s a free country and last time I checked butt sex was legal no matter what the gender of the one giving or receiving. It’s not my cup-of-tea. I have never had a desire to place my penis inside my wife’s butt, when, not even a centimeter below it, I have a perfectly functioning vagina that performs the role quite nicely. I do understand some people dig it, and I DON’T CARE that they do.. That’s wonderful, have at er..or him…

As to being a bigot, or a homophobe, well these arguments are pure rhetorical in nature and only serve to marginalize the opposing viewpoint. An effective tool for the less disciplined of individuals, but doesn’t work on me. I have no axe to grind, I only know what my gut tells me about homosexuality, and I am pretty well adept at separating facts from fiction concerning the whole gay debate!

Tim-

And why prey tell can’t the gay dudes do the same things? No one is saying the gay can’t kiss and hug their boyfriends, or talk about them at the water cooler, or set up charities with them, heck even start their own boyfriends and husbands clubs.. :) All the power to ya bro.

Great. We agree on that then. So I guess I don't understand what you mean by the "in your face BS" that you seem to object to so much. Coming out by telling people in your family/workplace/community that you are gay is simply a way of preparing people to start seeing you living your normal life with the partner of your choice (i.e., going out, being physically affectionate, etc.). It would be great if no one felt the need for such "preparation," but we're mostly not there yet.

Homosexuality isn't a choice or a product of one's environment any more than is heterosexuality. This entire post is ridiculous and filled with a dangerous mix of factual inaccuracies and bigotry.