Active Player Coming Out of the Closet - are you okay with that?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a problem with homosexuality in 2013 you should probably look in the mirror and reevaluate the way that you are living your life. Who really cares who someone else loves or is attracted to? If it doesn't have anything to do with you than you shouldn't be concerned about it. It is not your decision nor your place to judge how others live their lives.

The fact is, there are two topics that are probably always going to be split right down the middle in the country as far as what side of the issue people are on-Same Sex relationships and Abortions. If you don't understand that in 2013, then look in the mirror and get a grip on reality. Maybe in 25 or 30 years same sex relationships will be more excepted, and numbers show it is more accepted by the younger generation, but for quite awhile it will be split down the middle. I personally don't care one way or the other, but why is it that gay/lesbians feel the need to let everyone know their sexual preference? I don't see alot of straight people making sure people know they are straight? What does ones' sexual preference no matter what it is have to do with football? Edited by BuffBill

The fact is, there are two topics that are probably always going to be split right down the middle in the country as far as what side of the issue people are on-Same Sex relationships and Abortions. If you don't understand that in 2013, then look in the mirror and get a grip on reality. Maybe in 25 or 30 years same sex relationships will be more excepted, and numbers show it is more accepted by the younger generation, but for quite awhile it will be split down the middle.

I look forward to the day when I can tell my kids that we used to argue over whether or not two men or two women could get married. I be they will have the same reaction I had when my parents told me when black people couldn't vote.

"That's just dumb, Mom and Dad"

I look forward to the day when I can tell my kids that we used to argue over whether or not two men or two women could get married. I be they will have the same reaction I had when my parents told me when black people couldn't vote.

"That's just dumb, Mom and Dad"

I got the same reaction from my kids when I told them I have been a Bills fan for 40 years.

Looks like everybody's here. The "I would actually like the gay player better" guy, the homosexuality makes baby Jesus cry angle, and "a gay player coming out is somehow comparable to a pride parade right through my living room" perspective. Super.

Homosexuality isn't a choice or a product of one's environment any more than is heterosexuality. This entire post is ridiculous and filled with a dangerous mix of factual inaccuracies and bigotry.

Is there really somewhere/something that actually has facts on homosexuality? or is it all opinions? Seems to me it depends on who you ask. I can understand the bigotry statement, but where do you find facts? Is there an almanac on this issue? Wikipedia?

Is there really somewhere/something that actually has facts on homosexuality? or is it all opinions? Seems to me it depends on who you ask. I can understand the bigotry statement, but where do you find facts? Is there an almanac on this issue? Wikipedia?

Easy, ask some gay people.

Also, how did you "become" heterosexual? Or were you just always that way?

I am just asking what document or informational area makes it a "Fact?" Don't really have any "facts" as to why I am heterosexual, and I am not condoning being gay, but I don't really think there are "facts" on any of this? Maybe I am wrong, but I would bet my public library doesn't have the "Laws of Sexual Preference" on the shelves. And if I did ask some gay people, wouldnt that just be their opinions? If it was all hereditary, there would be no gay people, since I don't think they can reproduce yet. Edited by BuffBill

Homosexuality isn't a choice or a product of one's environment any more than is heterosexuality. This entire post is ridiculous and filled with a dangerous mix of factual inaccuracies and bigotry.

Oh, well please tell me which part is filled with factual inaccuracies (As if that isn’t an oxymoron if I ever heard one) and bigotry. Remember that bigotry is the holding of one’s view point in spite of facts to the contrary. You don’t get to make up the facts, but you’re welcome to try, Marc.

I’ll head you off at the pass before you even begin to present your standard narrative.

1. Because animals (what was it 1500 at last count) do the gay, it must be natural. Errrr, WRONG.

2. Twins studies show that being gay is genetic.. Errrr… WRONG they show the reverse.

3. Because I as a straight man am unable to change my adult sexuality, gays are equally unable. True, but I maintain that homosexuality is a manifestation of one’s environment that begins early in one’s life prior to the maturation of the prefrontal cortex. Look up what the PFC is and get back to me.

4. Gay kids who are younger siblings of older male brothers have shown a correlation to adult homosexuality. True, there is some actual science there, however, with small samples and study structure, is way too early for any reliable statistically significant data sets to come out.

The truth is, with no BS, no agenda, no ideology, that, no one really knows for sure what causes homosexuality, but as a matter of intellectual honesty without the agenda and as a matter of the scientific method, one cannot simply see an anomaly and place it on equal footing to the standard baseline. This is what you’re attempting to do with saying that homosexuality is no more a product of one’s environment or a choice any more than heterosexuality. It’s clever, but only because most people don’t understand the use of circular reasoning. The fact is that in almost all species that have ever come and gone on this planet, with a tiny few exceptions, procreate with the male and female gender coming together to produce offspring. Evolution seems to have found this method to be the most efficient way to mix genes, to provide the best possible chances at diversity for species to survive. What does it mean? It means that heterosexuality IS the baseline; we as a species don’t have a choice in our predispositions to heterosexuality.

Don’t you find it strange that all of a sudden gays want to have their own children in growing numbers? Back in the 70’s having kids was taboo in gay culture. In the 70’s before they got a consistent unified message and agenda, (We’re normal and do not harm anyone, would like to be married, and have kids too) gays were all over the spectrum, but one thing remained consistent. Gays themselves did not “think” they were born that way. To think that was also taboo. No, they loved that it was their own choice to be gay, and that they were different. It was a huge part of their culture in fact. It wasn’t until after the 80’s AIDS scare that responsible gays began coalescing the message of homosexuality. They knew that (Although completely wrong of society) stigmatism towards homosexual men being blamed for AIDS was at its height, and they needed to clean themselves up as a community. Not all did, but most of them understood that safer sex was needed, they knew that forming a strong political lobby was important, and many of them popped up, and some stayed to this day and a lot of them just faded away, but they were able to lobby congress, however, early on and to this day, most of their successes have come from the judiciary where usurping the will of the people was way easier and a lot less costly than lobbying congress or the people directly.

Look, the history of the gay culture in America is well documented on both sides of the aisle, and it’s not like you can’t find out for yourself what and exactly how homosexual rights have gained in the last 40 years. It’s all there! If you’re going to argue with me about what are facts and opinion, then please do, just please know that you’re entitled to an opinion, but you’re not entitled to your own facts. If you think something is a fact, then please make sure that you say you think it is a fact, but you MUST be able to back it up, otherwise it’s an opinion.

Clear?

Tim-

edited to remove incendiary language.

I don't care if they come out of their closet.. As long they just play the game and try to win games, that what all matters. I'm against gay marriage, but if they want to marry another man then let it be. I don't care. I respect everyone as long they respect me too.

The fact is, there are two topics that are probably always going to be split right down the middle in the country as far as what side of the issue people are on-Same Sex relationships and Abortions. If you don't understand that in 2013, then look in the mirror and get a grip on reality. Maybe in 25 or 30 years same sex relationships will be more excepted, and numbers show it is more accepted by the younger generation, but for quite awhile it will be split down the middle. I personally don't care one way or the other, but why is it that gay/lesbians feel the need to let everyone know their sexual preference? I don't see alot of straight people making sure people know they are straight? What does ones' sexual preference no matter what it is have to do with football?

I think that their motivation to come out is to give others the courage to do the same. It wouldn't be relevant if there wasn't a subset of America (about 1/2 by your estimation) that actually care about others sexual preference. I'd imagine that it would be very difficult to pretend to be someone that you are not. Suicide rates amongst lgbt teens is 4 times higher than heterosexual teens so maybe they are trying to help in that way?

Don’t you find it strange that all of a sudden gays want to have their own children in growing numbers?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it's super weird that people want to live their lives and have families of their own.

It's even stranger that you feel this is a new development.

Society herds people into heterosexual behavior. It is the same with homosexual behavior. I really believe that we NOT born a set way. People choose (doesn't mean voluntary in all cases) to deviate from the set societal norm.

Explain Afghan culture. Explain bi-lifestyle.

Oh, Marc. Oh, Marc. What you don't know on the subject is a lot.

I’ll head you off at the pass before you even begin to present your standard narrative.

1. Because animals (what was it 1500 at last count) do the gay, it must be natural. Errrr, WRONG.

2. Twins studies show that being gay is genetic.. Errrr… WRONG they show the reverse.

3. Because I as a straight man am unable to change my adult sexuality, gays are equally unable. True, but I maintain that homosexuality is a manifestation of one’s environment that begins early in one’s life prior to the maturation of the prefrontal cortex. Look up what the PFC is and get back to me.

4. Gay kids who are younger siblings of older male brothers have shown a correlation to adult homosexuality. True, there is some actual science there, however, with small samples and study structure, is way too early for any reliable statistically significant data sets to come out.

So homosexuality isn't natural because they represent a minority in the population? I suppose dwarfism and albinism aren't natural either? Your "baseline" argument is absolutely ridiculous. While you're embarrassing yourself, please explain which environmental factors contribute to homosexuality?

Oh, well please tell me which part is filled with factual inaccuracies (As if that isn’t an oxymoron if I ever heard one) and bigotry. Remember that bigotry is the holding of one’s view point in spite of facts to the contrary. You don’t get to make up the facts, but you’re welcome to try, Marc.

The truth is, with no BS, no agenda, no ideology, that, no one really knows for sure what causes homosexuality, but as a matter of intellectual honesty without the agenda and as a matter of the scientific method, one cannot simply see an anomaly and place it on equal footing to the standard baseline. This is what you’re attempting to do with saying that homosexuality is no more a product of one’s environment or a choice any more than heterosexuality. It’s clever, but only because most people don’t understand the use of circular reasoning. The fact is that in almost all species that have ever come and gone on this planet, with a tiny few exceptions, procreate with the male and female gender coming together to produce offspring. Evolution seems to have found this method to be the most efficient way to mix genes, to provide the best possible chances at diversity for species to survive. What does it mean? It means that heterosexuality IS the baseline; we as a species don’t have a choice in our predispositions to heterosexuality.

Don’t you find it strange that all of a sudden gays want to have their own children in growing numbers? Back in the 70’s having kids was taboo in gay culture. In the 70’s before they got a consistent unified message and agenda, (We’re normal and do not harm anyone, would like to be married, and have kids too) gays were all over the spectrum, but one thing remained consistent. Gays themselves did not “think” they were born that way. To think that was also taboo. No, they loved that it was their own choice to be gay, and that they were different. It was a huge part of their culture in fact. It wasn’t until after the 80’s AIDS scare that responsible gays began coalescing the message of homosexuality. They knew that (Although completely wrong of society) stigmatism towards homosexual men being blamed for AIDS was at its height, and they needed to clean themselves up as a community. Not all did, but most of them understood that safer sex was needed, they knew that forming a strong political lobby was important, and many of them popped up, and some stayed to this day and a lot of them just faded away, but they were able to lobby congress, however, early on and to this day, most of their successes have come from the judiciary where usurping the will of the people was way easier and a lot less costly than lobbying congress or the people directly.

Look, the history of the gay culture in America is well documented on both sides of the aisle, and it’s not like you can’t find out for yourself what and exactly how homosexual rights have gained in the last 40 years. It’s all there! If you’re going to argue with me about what are facts and opinion, then please do, just please know that you’re entitled to an opinion, but you’re not entitled to your own facts. If you think something is a fact, then please make sure that you say you think it is a fact, but you MUST be able to back it up, otherwise it’s an opinion.

Clear?

Tim-

edited to remove incendiary language.

Why should MM actually do some research on a subject or observe and cite his own experiences with homosexuals when he can just put his fingers in his ears and say "Im right and youre a bigot, nanny nanny poo poo?" Frankly I don't know whats right. I go from what Ive seen in my own life with friends and family who are gay. Some of their life experiences back up this post above. Some dont. Im not one to judge. Ill give you credit for at least trying to put some thought into it all. Thats a lot more than Marc and others do. As far as the original topic goes....nope...still don't care. However, it will be interesting to see if lets say this player really wears his sexuality on his sleeve, the media gives him **** the same way they did with Tim Tebow for wearing his faith on his. Anyone wanna take a bet on what happens there?

Edited by RkFast

Yeah, it's super weird that people want to live their lives and have families of their own.

It's even stranger that you feel this is a new development.

I see you missed the point? Why would a homosexual orientation manifest into a desire to procreate? Although not definitive proof, it correlates well to the idea that heterosexuality is the normal evolutionarily tried and tested disposition of all humans – and every other species on Earth that has ever existed. It also correlates well to the idea that homosexuality is mostly if not entirely a product of one’s environment; which is my opinion. Can you give me an example of a scenario where homosexual same sex sexuality would have a feature built into it that would ignore its intrinsic mechanism (same sex attraction and no other) of sexual gratification, only to still procreate? Remember, before medical science gave them the ability to procreate without even needing to have sex with one another, in order for a homosexual man to procreate he would have needed to ignore his predilection for same sex, and copulate with a female. Evolution doesn’t know we have turkey basters now. The biological design of humans hasn’t evolved to know we have sperm and egg banks. :)

Care to explain this phenomenon is a concise manner?

Tim-

Edited by D521646