Urlacher => Get'er Done Buddy!

CSBill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$2.5 Base and another million if he makes 6+ sacks and over 110 tackles, plus a Post Season bonus (if the Bills make the playoffs) of another 2 million. Totally worth it!!!

What would make you think he comes anywhere near that? 4 of the last 5 seasons he has not recorded a single sack. Last year he recorded a whopping 68 tackles.

He has spent his entire career as a MLB in a 4-3 Cover 2 defense so why on earth would he be a good fit in the Bills mainly 3-4 defense?

Exactly, not going to happen with an old vet.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

According to Adam Schefter, Urlacher wanted a 2-year deal worth a total of $7M, which is $3.5 per year

We'll see what he gets...my $$ is on Houston (he'd be great next to Cushing), Denver, or NYG

I would say your right about where he ends up. I bet one of those teams that are close give him a 2 year deal in the 3.5 per year range. Bills prob view it as better to use that money on Byrd, Wood, and other players. (WR?)

Um NO.

I love the guy, but too old, slow, and costly. We need guys in their 20's. Not 35! He was great for years, but you don't pay on the past, but what he will do this year,a nd he wouldn't come here anyway.

There are a lot of guys we could buy right now that for whatever reason we have not that are younger in differnt positions, fit into our cap space, and helps or team. I get the first two weeks, but now I'm wondering on the strategy.

Did anyone see NFL AM on the NFL Network on the Bills this morning? The beat reporter really blasted Marrone and company for the lack of vision, communication, after two months. I agree. I get the whole Belicheck thing of keeping your mouth shut to keep people wondering, but enough already.

Urlacher at his age is probably not a good fit for any NFL team but it's a fun discussion.

LINO

Linebacker in Name Only at this point in his career.

Just like Ray Lewis, sure he's out there on the field but you've got to strategize to mask his diminished skills.

See I had heard the opposite from Bears fans I know. They say he can still play at a pretty high level but that he's always nicked up and that he's played through some chronic injuries which could really hamper him post-career. Didn't he have like a 50 yard INT return this past season?

He has Dallas written all over him. Kiffin just got there and needs a stop gap until he can bring along his own MLBer

Agreed. Looks like the perfect spot for Urlacher.

From everything I've read, Dallas has zero money due to the big penalty they and the Redskins got from the NFL. I thought it had already been established that Dallas was not a possibility.

He has spent his entire career as a MLB in a 4-3 Cover 2 defense so why on earth would he be a good fit in the Bills mainly 3-4 defense?

In his prime, Urlacher could play in any scheme. Big, fast, tough, great in coverage and great instincts. The 3-4 favors larger LBs and Urlacher is still 6'4" and 260 pounds.

What a great player.

well if the bills decide they want him here and can get him at a reasonable price i guess thats ok. but really using that spot for a younger guy still with future potential might be the better way to go

i mean, last season would have been more reasonable to try to go all in, which they certainly make efforts to do with mario and the former cheater by association. but now, if youre going to draft your new qb and let him play a last legs urlacher might be a security blanket you really dont need

What can it hurt to contact him and start a discussion? The worst that can happen is he says no and you move forward as originally planned.

No, the worst that could happen is they sign him instead of someone better, and he sucks. I'm not saying that would happen, but if they signed him, it very well could.

Um NO.

Did anyone see NFL AM on the NFL Network on the Bills this morning? The beat reporter really blasted Marrone and company for the lack of vision, communication, after two months. I agree. I get the whole Belicheck thing of keeping your mouth shut to keep people wondering, but enough already.

I don't want to hear from the coach until after the 1st mini camp. After he has had time to draft and meet the vets, before then what is the point? He will just give you the standard crappy quotes that mean nothing. If he is making the press mad, then he is doing something right.

Um NO.

I love the guy, but too old, slow, and costly. We need guys in their 20's. Not 35! He was great for years, but you don't pay on the past, but what he will do this year,a nd he wouldn't come here anyway.

There are a lot of guys we could buy right now that for whatever reason we have not that are younger in differnt positions, fit into our cap space, and helps or team. I get the first two weeks, but now I'm wondering on the strategy.

OMG

The NFL Network actually talked about the Bills?!?

CBF