Urlacher => Get'er Done Buddy!

CSBill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did say that he was willing to go down from $5.5 Mil as he knows you never get what you ask for.

Just saying...

CBF

What can it hurt to contact him and start a discussion? The worst that can happen is he says no and you move forward as originally planned.

What can it hurt to contact him and start a discussion? The worst that can happen is he says no and you move forward as originally planned.

I agree. It would be worth it based on his leadership alone. We have no LB's with that much experience.

I would offer a 1 year $4 Mil contract to see what he says

Sad thing tho is he probably will get his $5mil a year contract from another team

CBF

Chicago offered $2 million for 1 year. He wants 5-6 million

According to Adam Schefter, Urlacher wanted a 2-year deal worth a total of $7M, which is $3.5 per year

We'll see what he gets...my $$ is on Houston (he'd be great next to Cushing), Denver, or NYG

I don't picture Urlacher going to any team using 3-4 sets, when he played his whole career in a tampa 2. Especially a guy at the end of his career. He doesn't seem to fit Pettine's system at all. If we want an old washed up MLB, we might as well just sign Bart Scott.

It wouldn't surprise me if he retires, I don't think any team will pay him close to 5M a year, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is little interest in him as a starter baring injury.

The patriots are sometimes interested in this type of player though, and he'd probably be interested due to the winning potential alone.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

According to Adam Schefter, Urlacher wanted a 2-year deal worth a total of $7M, which is $3.5 per year

We'll see what he gets...my $$ is on Houston (he'd be great next to Cushing), Denver, or NYG

Dont forget the Browns or Dolphins.

Seems like they try to sign every big name out there thiss offseason

CBF

They just played the interview on espn- not quite verbatim but very close in time and content - his words:

"We wanted 2 years 11m, they offered 1 year 2m.... I'm not putting my body through this for that money.... Atleast not for the bears"

Didnt like that quote one bit

They just played the interview on espn- not quite verbatim but very close in time and content - his words:

"We wanted 2 years 11m, they offered 1 year 2m.... I'm not putting my body through this for that money.... Atleast not for the bears"

Didnt like that quote one bit

Oh wow...I didn't see that. I was apparently mistaken, as it was Ed Werder that reported the $3.5M/year number, but that was for one year:

Ed Werder

Brian Urlacher was willing to return to Bears for 1-year, $3.5 million with $500K incentives. Bears offered half that.

Thanks for clarifying.