Lost 8 Starters, Replaced 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counting Rinehart as a swing tackle, we lost 8 Starters, and have swapped Barnett for Lawson. Assuming D Searcy takes over for Wilson, and TJ Graham takes over starting #3 WR pos. We Still need a #1 QB, #2 WR, Starting LG, #2 G and #2 DE. MArk Anderson was showing to be a situational Pass Rusher and was horrendous vs the run last year, i would count him as our #3 DE even though hes paid like a first stringer. We have 5 Glaring Starter holes 6 if you count another starting MLB for Pettine's Mixed defense which will include a 3-4. Not looking good with only 6 draft picks and Buddy Nix snoozing through free agency.

Players who have departed

• • Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • • Wide receiver Donald Jones (New England Patriots)
  • • Wide receiver David Nelson
  • • Guard Andy Levitre (Tennessee Titans)
  • • Guard Chad Rinehart (San Diego Chargers)
  • • Defensive end Chris Kelsay (retired)
  • • Defensive end Shawne Merriman (retired)
  • • Linebacker Nick Barnett
  • • Cornerback Terrence McGee
  • • Safety George Wilson (Tennessee Titans)

http://blogs.buffalo...ves-so-far.html

Manziel Watch (said in the voice of the guy who produces Schopp & Bulldog)

oh thank god. i was worried there wouldnt be a woe is us thread for me to freak out in. only 173 days of free agency left, gotta get it in while i can

well let's see. We have done squat for 13 years. That's a long time meathead. If there isn't a woe is me thread, than you have been accustomed to losing. Bottom line. Nobody has had an answer in Bills town. We have lost 8 players, it's time to replace them. I'm hoping they are not all underrated free agents.

We should start a contest to see who calls the date the first "we should lose out this year to get a great draft pick in 2014" thread starts.

I'll put down....."after opening day"

well let's see. We have done squat for 13 years. That's a long time meathead. If there isn't a woe is me thread, than you have been accustomed to losing. Bottom line. Nobody has had an answer in Bills town. We have lost 8 players, it's time to replace them. I'm hoping they are not all underrated free agents.

Would you prefer overrated free agents?

Levitre is a loss, but while a good pass protector, was weak in the run game. Outside of him, the rest won't be missed, outside of Nelson, whose injury is what doomed him. If he recovers, the Bills can always pick him up later, because I doubt he finds a new team before the season starts, and mid-season at that.

At first glance I think, wow, we are in trouble losing all those starters. But then the more I think about it, it's wow, how did the Bills win any games with those starters. Other than Livitre, the rest are average players at best. Uhg, so frustrating...This team has so far to go...

+1

Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick I was a Fitz guy and wanted him back, but a change was needed here. Can you honestly say Fitz made a difference in a positive way in any game last year? I think any replacement has to be more accurate

• • Wide receiver Donald Jones (New England Patriots) # 3 reciever on a real team, has an undisclosed medical problem. Not a big loss
  • • Wide receiver David Nelson Played one game elast year, coming off ACL, But I liked his game and agree this hurts
  • • Guard Andy Levitre (Tennessee Titans) Big Loss i agree
  • • Guard Chad Rinehart (San Diego Chargers) Backup
  • • Defensive end Chris Kelsay (retired) We all wanted him gone, tried hard..little impact
  • • Defensive end Shawne Merriman (retired) no impact on field
  • • Linebacker Nick Barnett Old and slow, liabilit in coverage
  • • Cornerback Terrence McGee should have been cut two years ago
  • • Safety George Wilson (Tennessee Titans) split time with Seracy

So I see one and a half losses really. I mean this team was 6-10, with a god awful defense.Did you want them to keep the same guys? Change was not only warrented, but an absolute must

thank you for posting this so that I Didnt have to.

Now, I'm just as saddened and shocked frankly as the next Bills fan to find out today that the FA period is over and so is The Draft. Damn, I just wish they would have told us a little sooner so we could get used to the idea that the roster is set for 2013 and no additional players can be added to the roster until the spring of 2014. I find it hard to believe, but being a Bills can and all, I've come to realize that we're DOOMED!

Really? Fitz, jones, nelson(starting slot wr) G. wilson, levitre, Barnett, Kelsay

Fitz was pretty average to bad, Jones missed almost half his time with us, Nelson also missed half his time with us and you can't claim starting player, he was the 3rd WR. Wilson was a huge liability, Barnett was even more of a liability, and Chris Kelsey actually has the word liability engraved into his retirement ring. Levitre is the real only loss with a hint of Nelson. No biggie.

Now, I'm just as saddened and shocked frankly as the next Bills fan to find out today that the FA period is over and so is The Draft. Damn, I just wish they would have told us a little sooner so we could get used to the idea that the roster is set for 2013 and no additional players can be added to the roster until the spring of 2014. I find it hard to believe, but being a Bills can and all, I've come to realize that we're DOOMED!

Why do you have to put such sarcasm into your post? Do you hate life that much? It's stuff like this that makes this message board almost unreadable. Between the inmaturity of a lot of the posters combined with the nonsensical sarcasm of most of the rest, this place has become an absolute joke. Can't you just talk football in solid terms to show that you have somewhat of a brain, and that it actually can register to thinking about the great game of football? I sware that most of the crap on here is just that, crap!! The original poster is pissed like most of us that we have done NEXT TO NOTHING in free agency when we have tons of holes to fill on the roster. And this is the best you can come up with?

And what the hell is a Nanker anyways?