New Stadium Already Being Discussed?

BRAWNDO

Four possible sites discussed.

1. Bethlehem Steel Site in Lackawanna

2. Outer Harbor

3. Downtown Buffalo

4. Niagara Falls.

Really not new information but I thought it was interesting that the committee tasked with finding a new site has already started meeting.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/206188/37/Sources-Sites-For-New-Bills-Stadium-Already-Under-Discussion

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of a multi-use facility. These are the way to go. A retractable dome (expensive), or a regular dome would be ideal. You could have the Bills there, (and more fans in winter games, plus while we loose the debateable "weather" benefit, we are all crazy and the place would be really, really, loud as noise would not escape.). Also, it would enable Buffalo to host other events, esp. if by Niagra Falls such as the NCAA Final Four (assuming enough hotel rooms in the Buffalo/Southern Ontario area), Frozen Four, etc. It could have a cool name like the North American Sports Palace or something.

Edited by RyanC883

Niagara Falls is the logical choice - lots of cheap land available, next to a world-famous attraction, no need to build more hotels as there are tens of thousands already available between NF, NY and ON. Closer proximity to the affluent Canadian market. The only real concern (and it's not a small one) is the G.I. Bridges. If an accident occured on one it would delay much of the crowd in arriving in time for the game.

Niagara Falls is the logical choice - lots of cheap land available, next to a world-famous attraction, no need to build more hotels as there are tens of thousands already available between NF, NY and ON. Closer proximity to the affluent Canadian market. The only real concern (and it's not a small one) is the G.I. Bridges. If an accident occured on one it would delay much of the crowd in arriving in time for the game.

Problem is the noise in Niagara Falls has caused lack of hearing in residents forcing them to shout all the time; this also will make it hard to hear the snap count when offense is on field.

Bethlehem Steel would be cool... get rid of a gigantic depressing eyesore and turn it into something useful... however it would probably take 20 years of environmental studies and a billion dollars worth of cleanup

It seems like a waste to put a football stadium on the waterfront.

I vote downtown Buffalo

Howard Millstein owns half the vacant land in the Falls. He's a billionaire too. I expect him to make a bid on the Bills when that time comes.

FYI the GI bridges are not the only way into NF. There's River Road/LaSalle Expy, NF Blvd and Rt 104 from the East

PTR

Bethlehem Steel would be cool... get rid of a gigantic depressing eyesore and turn it into something useful... however it would probably take 20 years of environmental studies and a billion dollars worth of cleanup

It seems like a waste to put a football stadium on the waterfront.

I vote downtown Buffalo

Just do what they did here in Syracuse, skim the top layer of dirt, pile it in the corner of a parking lot and cover it. Then claim hundreds of millions in goverment money for your "enviromental cleanup costs" that only ran a few million.

Bethlehem Steel? Isn't that a super fund site? One would think The cleanup costs would be massive.. But the land is free.

The problem with both the Bethlehem and Outer Harbor would be traffic flow with Route 5 being the only major access road for both sites

Edited by BRAWNDO

The problem with both the Bethlehem and Outer Harbor would be traffic flow with Route 5 being the only major access road for both sites

That's true.

Plus why waste prime waterfront property, that everyone should have access to, on a little used stadium. Of course we have no other plans going unfortunately.

Downtown? What property? Don't under estimate how much land you need and how little is available. Maybe the old Republic site.

Some how I don't understand pouring $$$ into the Ralph to then start a new stadium right after that if not before the current lease expires. Put the new stadium next to the old

Edited by MarkyMannn

Also, if the stadium were anywhere near the falls themselves, imagine how awful tailgating weather would be in late season games. Orchard Park is obviously no south beach, but the winds right off the falls are devastating. Downtown Buffalo deserves this stadium. Can you imagine with all the hotel, retail and restaurants coming in downtown near the arena what kind of events the new stadium could attract other than the NFL? Big time NCAA games, bowl games, concerts, the super bowl??? Ok, maybe the super bowl is a reach but if we ever wanted to host it this would be the only way.

Problem is the noise in Niagara Falls has caused lack of hearing in residents forcing them to shout all the time; this also will make it hard to hear the snap count when offense is on field.

Good point.

Can you imagine trying to sing the Shout song after every scoring play?

It would be pointless.

Large font ≠ Caps. Anyway, sorry I was on my work computer and didn't realize the font was so large.

Bethlehem Steel? Isn't that a super fund site? One would think The cleanup costs would be massive.. But the land is free.

This seems like the logical choice then...

Useless and irrelevant for years, just like the team...

The team's play has already turned the majority of its fan base toxic...

This would be in keeping with the team's need for a massive roster rebuild...

Ralph is cheap...

An added bonus is that the team would, literally, play to "glowing" reviews...