any Compensatory Picks coming to the Bills?

ganesh

I may be wrong here but I believe assigned compensatory picks are based on previous off season. I would then think we would not get any after signing Mario/Anderson

Also based not only on the number of players signed/lost but also their contract and performance

I think its based on who we lost/added last year. We picked up Mario last year. We're not getting any extra picks in this draft.

I stand corrected.

We should also get a comp pick for the Nix telephone debacle.

At least a 1st rounder this year and one a conditional 2nd rounder next. I think that's fair

I may be wrong here but I believe assigned compensatory picks are based on previous off season. I would then think we would not get any after signing Mario/Anderson

Also based not only on the number of players signed/lost but also their contract and performance

It's a year trailing so last offseason is this draft

It's two tiered - to be eligible you have to lose more bodies than you gain. Quality doesn't matter determining eligibility

If eligible you kind of match guys up based on annual average value of contracts - all that other stuff doesn't matter much if any. The guy that you lost that isn't cancelled by a gain is the one you'd get a pick for and it's slotted based on average pay to determine round.

It's really simple, but no one seems to get it because the nfl likes to pretend its more complicated. You can predict them with about 100% accuracy 6 months before they are announced if you have enough free time on your hands.

It is always computed off the previous season. Considering we didn't lose anyone of significance and signed the Biggest FA on the market, I would say we get zero.

Sign Mario but lose 2 backups that rarely played to another team and you are still eligible.

Even if you sign Mario and lose one backup you can be eligible for a 7th

Edited by NoSaint

If Buffalo dosnt sign anyone significant this off season they will get a comp next year(my be--a 5th)st a 2nd rounder off an entry level contract this year. Historically that has been the going rate. There is a formula based on where they were drafted and what they igned for.

Smart teams replace their losses by other means than free agency ( cut players, draft, trades etc.)

Watch Baltimore get like a zillion picks next year for their losses this year. Have they signed a free agent?

The Bills never seem to get much in the way of comp picks