Bills in full-on Tank mode

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes sense that the Bills unload players and salaries off a bad team. The team is very thin in depth. I think the plan was to stink it up this year. They are going to rebuild throught the next 2 drafts and mid level free agents. If they can sign a quality CB for depth and a WR who can play opposite Stevie Johnson, the focus of the draft will be on QB , LB and O line. My beef with the Bills since the late 90's, they refuse to resign some of their more talented guys. They have spent 10 years and numerous draft picks trying to replace Antione Winfield. Levitre was over paid by Tennessee but the Bills should have had him locked up last season. New management and ownership is needed to break this cycle of short sighted player management.

Fellas the Colts were 1-15, they were the laughing stock of the league. So was the Redskins. I mean c'mon we beat 23-0 that yr. What did they get in return for there losing was a franchise QB and guess what they both made the playoffs last yr.

My point is once we get either Bridgewater or Manziel. Which in my opinion and plenty of scouts and gms in the NFL's opinion that they are sure fire franchise QB's its gonna be alot easier to turn this team around. It all starts with the QB.

Dude, this article is from 2010.

Hence the title.

The $hitt going down today is 2015's old ESPN blog post. It's interesting that in 2010 Buddy was seen as a good front office move when today he's being slagged as the second coming of TD...

Just like Miami was the big winner on day one of free agency in 2010:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4969924

Edited by Lurker

Hence the title.

The $hitt going down today is 2015's old ESPN blog post. It's interesting that in 2010 Buddy was seen as a good front office move when today he's being slagged as the second coming of TD...

Buddy isn't the first guy to miss on a HC and QB. Its a far common tale than success is. Belicheat was pretty bad coach until he found Brady.

I think he is a good personal man overall. With a better QB I think we have a playoff caliber roster (except at LB and WR)

If you were a new coach tasked with building a team, wouldn't you start with dumping the guys not worth their contracts?

That is all I see here, although I am a little worried about all the holes we have...then again, we've been like that for years now. :bag:

OK, I admit that I was freaking out a bit. I really, really wanted either Landry or Ellerbe. Landry is on a plane to Indy and Ellerbe went to Miami.

But as the haze of rage fades, I'm left with remembering that we have so many things to fill that as much as I would want a high market signing I would rather see a second tier player in at OG, each LB spot and an outside receiver.

We dont have the money to spend. We need to clean up this cap mess. by next yr we will be in good shape

There's no way we fill all our holes with only 20mil and that including.rookies

We absoluely have the money to spend. We don't have a "cap mess", we have the 10th most money to spend in free agency. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/03/bills-rank-about-10th-in-cap-space.html. What are you talking about? We are in good shape and have been in good shape for several years.

We lost our best free agent hours into free agency after doing jack **** trying to retain him. We pissed off our other best free agent by franchising him and will hold him hostage one year before we let him walk for nothing once again. We sucked donkey dick last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and so on and so on. We released our starting QB and have no clue who will start, or even back up the starter. We are in the fast lane for pick #1 next year. Watch us !@#$ up that draft pick a la Mike Williams. !@#$ this team. !@#$ the NFL. I am going to go vomit :sick:

Agreed - we're going to be 3-4 wins tops. My nightmare is that we pull a Browns and pick a Weeden type of QB round 2, end up with a top pick in 2014 and feel like we are going to ride out our QB and miss taking a guy like a Bridewater, etc.

That is my nightmare scenario as well. This is the wrong year to reach for a QB.

That is my nightmare scenario as well. This is the wrong year to reach for a QB.

exactly. The only way the Bills can !@#$ up this offseason worse then they have IMO is to reach for a QB. My God- you take a 6-10 team filled with holes, then you twiddle your thumbs when free agency opens and lose your best lineman and your starting QB. What the hell is the plan? Please don't !@#$ up the season more and reach for a QB

This is emberassing. The Browns have now added two more very good defenders to a very good defense already. We are in total rebuild mode. The next move will be to give away next year's number 1 to KC to draft Geno Smith - a guy who has second round talent at best.