DeadSpin - Convo Between Nix and Tampa GM

Probably already been said..BUT, what amazes me is how Buddy states he is strapped with this QB situation. He's the one that created it with the large contract offer for Fitz. Kind of an admission of guilt it appears.

jb

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing this out there, but isn't there the slightest possibility Nix was fishing for Freeman-related intel?

I thought about that. But wouldn't he say something a little more direct?? Like "how's your qb situation"?

Buddy Nix continues to embarrass himself and this organization. He's a complete joke. I can't believe people still defend this moron. This thread is a perfect example of the Bills fan's version of "Stockholm syndrome". We've fallen in love with our captures despite the utter lack of talent and 16-32 record.

Come on, John, I respect your football knowledge. I also get that you did not like his performance as GM (neither have I) but to pick this thread and this event to beat on him is rather ridiculous. In no way does this illegally tapped phone call further the case against his performance as a GM.

Deadspin soon to be Deadwebsite after the Bills/Bucs/NFL get through with them.

Excellent point. Hadn't even considered the litigious monster that now looms over them.

The website has been content to wear a bulls eye on its back, almost like a badge of honor. Unfortunately for them, they just crossed a line that gives permission to fire to their very powerful adversaries.

Gawker Media is worth hundreds of millions of dollars so its safe to say that they too have a team of powerful high priced lawyers who specialize in fighting these kinds of things. I doubt the NFL will want to invest that much money and effort fighting them especially because this story will pretty much be forgotten once free agency starts in a couple minutes.

Come on, John, I respect your football knowledge. I also get that you did not like his performance as GM (neither have I) but to pick this thread and this event to beat on him is rather ridiculous. In no way does this illegally tapped phone call further the case against his performance as a GM.

Other that his admitting that he's struggling with a guy he committed to a very short time ago...I agree. And I'm not beating on Buddy with this question, but, if this was a bad year to need a QB, wouldn't you expect the Bills to do something in last year's draft to address the position? Or don't teams think in 2 or 3 year cycles...

Just the fact that his presumed "shooting the ****" conversation about his starting QB is out for the general public to hear.

Yes, now that Buddy Nix said Ryan Fitz isn't the Bills QB of the future and isn't playing well, the cats out of the bag - other GMs (and fans even) are going to know that Fitz isn't that great!

Gawker Media is worth hundreds of millions of dollars so its safe to say that they too have a team of powerful high priced lawyers who specialize in fighting these kinds of things. I doubt the NFL will want to invest that much money and effort fighting them especially because this story will pretty much be forgotten once free agency starts in a couple minutes.

The NFL has far more money than Gawker and Deadspin broke the law in not one but TWO states. If the NFL wants to put the screws to them, they can take them for all they'reworth.

The two acknowledge how many problems can be solved just by having a dependable QB. "If you get one, everything's easy," Nix says.

Well Buddy why did you pass on drafting so many good QBs then?

It was interesting how they mentioned they couldn't get their own guys to sign

It's so nice to read all of the clairvoyant's on the TBD who just knew Fitz wouldn't turn out to be decent. Even though, at the time, Fitz was playing well. It's nice to read all of the armchair GM's who speak of a crippling, retarded, etc. contract for Fitz. Too bad it's BACK END middle tier, starting QB money.

You all are so intelligent and know every damn thing why don't you circulate your resume for any NFL job, be it scout, GM, capologist or whatever. You all are so good at the gig you're wasting your time on a message board. The NFL deserves your ample abilities.

You all have no idea how GM's in the NFL communicate. It's funny that Nix didn't say anything that EVERYBODY doesn't already know. And turned down the idea of Jamon Meredith (we are set at OT if he's the option). Nix ain't perfect, but he's done a lot of good things too. The worst thing about the Bills past 13, ain't even turning out to be the Bills past 13 years. It's the whining azz cry babies on the message board every other second. If they make a move: complain. If they don't make a move: complain.

Whinin'BillsDrive.com.

Please...

On a good note, Fitz is out just like he should be. Case closed.

Edited by purple haze

There are invasions of privacy all the time. From extreme telephoto lens cameras taking pictures of celebs naked on a private beach to stealing and posting/selling couples private sex videos. Yeah there are rules and laws, but these types of sites tend to have lawyers who specialize on circumventing them. Like I said, it will be interesting to see if the NFL lawyers can break through that.

You make good points. The FCC will do nothing, from personal experience they have way bigger fish to fry.

Now, the NFL does carry clout, but again their is little to any damage done here. Aside from the personal embarrassment of a franchise(s). The bigger things going on like corporate hacking, defense hacking, barely register on the FCC scale.

The NFL can hope to get their well payed counsel and drag it into the court system, fighting Deadspin who obviously understands the rules both before the tape release and now will take awhile. This other than the two teams fanboards in a story that will disappear in hours.

It's not the prank that bother me, it's Buddy's willingness to let everybody know what his plans are. Whether it's FA or the draft, he's telegraphed every punch and this call is no different. Why is he telling anyone what his "difficulties" are with Fitz ans how it's complicating the FA process. You don't think Dominick wouldn't share that with another team in a heartbeat? Do you think Belichick would be caught dead giving any other team in this league an ounce of intel on Welker or any other player on his roster?

I'm sorry but Buddy's tactics are never going to be in the annals of "How to make a deal". Anytime your opponents knows anything about you that they shouldn't, it's an advantage and Buddy has no clue how to shut his mouth.

yep, Gawker doesn't back down from any legal threat. They've taken on Apple and Hulk Hogan to name a few.

It's not the prank that bother me, it's Buddy's willingness to let everybody know what his plans are.

That is funny. Someone else was complaining that he has no plan. The Buddy Bashers like to have it both ways.

It's not the prank that bother me, it's Buddy's willingness to let everybody know what his plans are. Whether it's FA or the draft, he's telegraphed every punch and this call is no different. Why is he telling anyone what his "difficulties" are with Fitz ans how it's complicating the FA process. You don't think Dominick wouldn't share that with another team in a heartbeat? Do you think Belichick would be caught dead giving any other team in this league an ounce of intel on Welker or any other player on his roster?

I'm sorry but Buddy's tactics are never going to be in the annals of "How to make a deal". Anytime your opponents knows anything about you that they shouldn't, it's an advantage and Buddy has no clue how to shut his mouth.

But he wasn't letting EVERYONE know, he was letting one other NFL GM know...

Also, we just released Fitz - think other teams know we were having problems with him now?