DeadSpin - Convo Between Nix and Tampa GM

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a feeling, Nix is getting another earful right now from someone upstairs.

I'm also getting a worse feeling that Nix is still in charge.

Bucs offering Hambone Meredith back to the Bills? For real?

"We're still struggling here with our quarterback...We're not really struggling--he's going to have to do something,

or we'll have to."

"We just can't afford to pay that kind of money for a guy who's fighting for probably a backup job."

Just do it Buddy..............Cut Fitz already............

Edited by B-Man

Two things...

1) Someone is in serious, I mean serious, legal trouble for setting the thing up and recording the conversation.

2) Not new news... we know Buddy is done. But, it may be sooner than we think .... like before training camp.

When talk turns to the Bills' moves, Nix says he's not planning on doing much because he's handcuffed by Ryan Fitzpatrick. "We're still struggling here with our quarterback...We're not really struggling--he's going to have to do something, or we'll have to."

More Nix on Fitzpatrick: "We just can't afford to pay that kind of money for a guy who's fighting for probably a backup job."

Well, this pretty much settles about nine threads worth of hash...

If this is real, do you guys realize how F#$%ed we are? The entire NFL now knows what our inept front office is thinking behind the scenes. They know for sure now how we are handcuffed, plans etc.

Oh and BTW any of you fitz lovers thinking he was going to start again... that just got shot to hell. Now even Fitz and his agent know exactly how he is thought of so there won't be a restructure (thank God) and at least now you know what Nix really thinks of him as well.

Two things...

1) Someone is in serious, I mean serious, legal trouble for setting the thing up and recording the conversation.

2) Not new news... we know Buddy is done. But, it may be sooner than we think .... like before training camp.

This is bigger, IF REAL, than many fans are currently thinking. This is beyond not good.

If this is real, do you guys realize how F#$%ed we are? The entire NFL now knows what our inept front office is thinking behind the scenes. They know for sure now how we are handcuffed, plans etc.

Oh and BTW any of you fitz lovers thinking he was going to start again... that just got shot to hell. Now even Fitz and his agent know exactly how he is thought of so there won't be a restructure (thank God) and at least now you know what Nix really thinks of him as well.

Please.

Like the rest of the NFL didn't know already how unorganized we are. Plus Nix already showed his cards months ago when he said we needed a starting QB. There is nothing in that conversation that "reveals" anything the rest of the teams didnt already know.

Edited by BillsGuyInBallstonSpa

Just because it's news to you, doesn't mean it's news to the "entire NFL," bud.

If Nix talks this way with the Bucs, I'm sure he does with others as well. I think the idea that managing a roster is some kind of cloak and dagger gamesmanship is totally overblown.