DeadSpin - Convo Between Nix and Tampa GM

If this is real, do you guys realize how F#$%ed we are? The entire NFL now knows what our inept front office is thinking behind the scenes. They know for sure now how we are handcuffed, plans etc.

Oh and BTW any of you fitz lovers thinking he was going to start again... that just got shot to hell. Now even Fitz and his agent know exactly how he is thought of so there won't be a restructure (thank God) and at least now you know what Nix really thinks of him as well.

Come on, you think nobody knew the Bills need a QB? It's only the top need on absolutely every pre-draft report out there.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because it's news to you, doesn't mean it's news to the "entire NFL," bud.

If Nix talks this way with the Bucs, I'm sure he does with others as well. I think the idea that managing a roster is some kind of cloak and dagger gamesmanship is totally overblown.

agreed - i think they are a pretty social group that bounce ideas around. you might occasionally try to get one over on someone, but that doesnt mean you never talk candidly. nothing in here was a real secret but its not the kind of stuff you want running in the press straight from your GMs mouth either.

1) Someone is in serious, I mean serious, legal trouble for setting the thing up and recording the conversation.

I'm not sure if they did but if they used a prepaid cell phone, I'm pretty sure there would be no way of finding them other than asking deadspin who most likely wouldn't give up their source.

agreed - i think they are a pretty social group that bounce ideas around. you might occasionally try to get one over on someone, but that doesnt mean you never talk candidly. nothing in here was a real secret but its not the kind of stuff you want running in the press straight from your GMs mouth either.

And to their credit...they didn't.

Just because it's news to you, doesn't mean it's news to the "entire NFL," bud.

If Nix talks this way with the Bucs, I'm sure he does with others as well. I think the idea that managing a roster is some kind of cloak and dagger gamesmanship is totally overblown.

Agree - obviously GMs call one another and talk pretty frankly about their situations. How do people think deals get done - osmosis?

Also, not sure how this is "embarrassing" to Nix, he thought he was calling the Bucs GM direct. Yeah it's probably bad it leaked, but it did and now we know Fitz is overpaid and not playing well :D

Agree - obviously GMs call one another and talk pretty frankly about their situations. How do people think deals get done - osmosis?

Also, not sure how this is "embarrassing" to Nix, he thought he was calling the Bucs GM direct. Yeah it's probably bad it leaked, but it did and now we know Fitz is overpaid and not playing well :D

Folks will go to great length to try and justify their nagging need to proclaim Nix is "asleep at the wheel." I don't think this incident satisfies that need, AT ALL.

He said nothing that isn't already written about--ad naseum.

In fact, having just listened to the conversation, I firmly believe that anyone who has a major issue with whatever secrets they think Nix let fly didn't actually listen to the talk they had.

Edited by taC giB ehT

"We're still struggling here with our quarterback...We're not really struggling--he's going to have to do something,

or we'll have to."

"We just can't afford to pay that kind of money for a guy who's fighting for probably a backup job."

Just do it Buddy..............Cut Fitz already............

That's what I took from it.

It's also distressing that the GM states "I don't know what we're gonna do about quarterback". I would think he would have a plan. Doomed.

Edited by JPS

Please.

Like the rest of the NFL didn't know already how unorganized we are. Plus Nix already showed his cards months ago when he said we needed a starting QB. There is nothing in that conversation that "reveals" anything the rest of the teams didnt already know.

But wouldn't it figure the BILLS GM is one of the two that were involved? I Mean why not right?

If this is real, do you guys realize how F#$%ed we are? The entire NFL now knows what our inept front office is thinking behind the scenes. They know for sure now how we are handcuffed, plans etc.

Oh and BTW any of you fitz lovers thinking he was going to start again... that just got shot to hell. Now even Fitz and his agent know exactly how he is thought of so there won't be a restructure (thank God) and at least now you know what Nix really thinks of him

He was saying it in a call with another NFL GM, odds are he's said the same thing to the other 30 GMs as well. Nix looks inept in this, but I don't think it changes anything.

Edited by Carey Bender

It also leads me to believe that Fitz may not be playing ball on restructuring. He may want to get cut so he can take the cash and look for a job elsewhere.

There's no cash to take. He already took his last penny from the Bills unless he's on the roster tomorrow.