50 Funniest Comedies Of All Time

Just Jack

I respectfully disagree with your disagreement. Mash during the 80s was not worth watching, IMO. God, it was boring. During the 70s - best sitcom ever.

So that would be the last three seasons. Are you also including the final episode as not worth watching?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's roughly where I would put it. Whatever season Radar left was the first one where I thought they were not up to par. And, it wasn't due to missing Radar. I just thought the shows were getting lame. Very few shows that didn't go that way.

I didn't watch the last episode because I was a junior at Bonas and we had a huuuge game vs. Rutgers that night. So, the whole debate on campus was do you go to the game (We had just beat West Virginia and Penn State in back to back overtime games) or watch MASH............I went with the former. And, was rewarded with one of the best games ever. Won on a three pointer in OT, making three OT wins in a row vs. these now BCS conference teams.

I never ended up watching it on DVD or anything.

This is where you lose all credibility on this subject...Newhart was a dream sequence from the Bob Newhart Show. Ipso ergo facto Newhart=Bob Newhart Show. It was a trick question and you fell for it thereby exposing you as a fraud

Ok here's what really makes this a ****ty list. It has Newhart but not The Bob Newhart Show? That's just !@#$ing dumb. The Bob Newhart show rocked but Newhart? Sucked ass.

So that would be the last three seasons. Are you also including the final episode as not worth watching?

I know you are not addressing me with this one...but IMO, MASH always maintained a high quality of story telling, so I would never say it was not worth watching...but at some point (sorry, it is too long ago for me to pin-point which season), as the cast changed, the show kind of transformed from being a top-notch comedy/drama with a liberal POV, to a drama/comedy with a liberal POV. I am liberal, so I don't have an issue with the politics of the show, but the comedy (or maybe more accuarately the "tone" of the comedy) on the show changed drastically. As time went on, it emphasised the drama over comedy. It was still a really good show (especially compared to other things on at the time), but different.

The replacement characters (BJ Honeycutt, Charles Winchester, Sherman Potter) were all good, but they were much more nuanced than the characters they replaced, so the tone of the show changed. Not to say that none of them were great characters (I never cared much for Honeycutt, but Charles and Col Potter were great), just so dramatically different.

My wife and I are HUGE M*A*S*H fans and have been for years. The later episodes were ok as compared to other shows of the time but really way behind the earlier episodes. They became too political and liberal. If I hear BJ complain about missing Peg and the kids one more time I swear I'm going to......

Take away:

Henry

Trapper

Frank

Radar

And what have you got? A bunch of whining.

The best line in any episode was when Trapper was using a duffle bag as a punching bag and Hot Lips ask "is that Frank's bag?" and Trapper says "I thought you were Frank's bag." :w00t: Let's hear BJ say anything remotely that funny. Oh and Mike Farrell is the WORST actor ever!

This is where you lose all credibility on this subject...Newhart was a dream sequence from the Bob Newhart Show. Ipso ergo facto Newhart=Bob Newhart Show. It was a trick question and you fell for it thereby exposing you as a fraud

Well all I can say is Bob Newhart has very ****ty and unfunny dreams.

My wife and I are HUGE M*A*S*H fans and have been for years. The later episodes were ok as compared to other shows of the time but really way behind the earlier episodes. They became too political and liberal. If I hear BJ complain about missing Peg and the kids one more time I swear I'm going to......

Take away:

Henry

Trapper

Frank

Radar

And what have you got? A bunch of whining.

The best line in any episode was when Trapper was using a duffle bag as a punching bag and Hot Lips ask "is that Frank's bag?" and Trapper says "I thought you were Frank's bag." :w00t: Let's hear BJ say anything remotely that funny. Oh and Mike Farrell is the WORST actor ever!

Yeah, Mike Farrell was pretty awful. Once Trapper, Frank and Henry left, Hot Lips turned nice (and boring), Klinger turned into the goofy Radar replacement (which was not a goofy character originally) and the show was mostly Alan Alda sermonizing. MASH was running on fumes at the end.

Yeah, Mike Farrell was pretty awful. Once Trapper, Frank and Henry left, Hot Lips turned nice (and boring), Klinger turned into the goofy Radar replacement (which was not a goofy character originally) and the show was mostly Alan Alda sermonizing. MASH was running on fumes at the end.

Since it's been 35 years or whatever, I had forgot the details, but this is exactly how it was those last few years.........Running on fumes is how it felt to me.

Carol Burnett is funnier than Lucy to me. Momma's Family makes the list and since I'm picking lady stars, Reba is a good comedies that you can watch with the whole family.

My number one? Carol Burnett and Friends.

BTW, i also like the Greg Garcia comedies, Earl and Hope. Little off beat, but i really enjoy them.

Part of that is I root for Garcia, he was the producer of the Tony Kornheiser show when it first aired on DC radio in the early 90's, took a shot and went to LA to follow his dream..pretty awesome.

BTW, i also like the Greg Garcia comedies, Earl and Hope. Little off beat, but i really enjoy them.

Part of that is I root for Garcia, he was the producer of the Tony Kornheiser show when it first aired on DC radio in the early 90's, took a shot and went to LA to follow his dream..pretty awesome.

Earl deserved a better fate. It was a very good concept but they quickly ran out of ideas. That show got way too weird way too fast.

Edited by shrader

i loved Earl, but you are right, there was only so much they could do, but they did it with some of the more bizarre characters....that said, i just heard on Howard Stern with an interview of Mr. Skin that Nadine Velasquez(Catalina) exposes some serious skin in her new movie "Flight" and that it is supposed to be a real treat

Earl deserved a better fate. It was a very good concept but they quickly ran out of ideas. That show got way to weird way too fast.

He started out as an intern on the Don & Mike Show.

Tony has him on the show every now and then and he was just on about a month or so ago. Tony loves him and always says how proud he is of him.

Here comes Tony's mailbag

Got your email faxes and your notes

Here comes Tony's mailbag

Gunna read some for all of you folks

Thank you, Gary. (Followed by emails by the smartest radio listeners in the world! Sports radio at least. Some of those I just marvel at.)

That show is just the perfect show to me. A little bit of sports, politics, movies, music, etc. and lots of laughs. All with very smart people and no stupid callers or jocks.

It's going to be a very sad day for me when that Billy Joel song plays for the very last time.