50 Funniest Comedies Of All Time

Just Jack

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, no Get Smart?? Did it miss the list by that much??

Wait - that might be #1 for pure laughs. I think Mash, Barney Miller, MTM, The Bob Newhart Show (70s), Family Ties (most underrated show ever), Curb, Seinfeld and All in the Family were better shows, but for pure laughs Get Smart and Police Squad! had to be the tops!

What a laugh riot that show was. Could hardly hear it over my continual raucous laughter.

Seriously though.....it was a very good show.....but funniest???

I thought that show is still on or coming back. I don't know when it even ran.

Frasier is by far the best sitcom ever.

Man, include that one in my list of better shows. Best of the 90s easily. Better than Seinfeld.

WTF is Party Down ?

Where are the Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres?

Never heard of it either.................Green Acres now goes in my top 3 of pure laugh comedies. No MTM for sure (CBS actually made the decision to get rid of all the low brow, though highly rated shows like Hillbillies, etc. to put on MTM, All in the Family, etc. Ballsy move), but it sure made me laugh because it's so stupid and knew it was stupid.

Yeah, this list was made by a youngun, for sure. Also, it's unfair to lump the pay cable series in with the major networks. Can you imagine Taxi or Cheers on pay cable? Even Seinfeld or The Office, for that matter. And All in the Family at 31 is simply criminal.

And where the hell is Welcome Back Kotter???

Sam's conquests sure would have been a lot more interesting on pay cable. Seinfeld's too, but not quite as interesting. The whole "are they real" episode definitely would have been one to watch.

And as for the list, I've never understood why Parks and Rec is so loved. It's watchable, but it isn't something I absolutely have to see. Ron Swanson is great, but I pretty much can't stand the rest of the cast, especially Tom.

I don't see "The Buffalo Bills 2012 Season" anywhere on this list...wtf??

But it wasn't a funny comedy, just a sad one..........

Sam's conquests sure would have been a lot more interesting on pay cable. Seinfeld's too, but not quite as interesting. The whole "are they real" episode definitely would have been one to watch.

And as for the list, I've never understood why Parks and Rec is so loved. It's watchable, but it isn't something I absolutely have to see. Ron Swanson is great, but I pretty much can't stand the rest of the cast, especially Tom.

Same here, but I would say its borderline watchable, and I tried to watch it and will occasionally leave it on in the background if nothing else is on. I think its all because of the Ron Swanson character love that the college kids have for him, You can credit that same group for all the Betty White Craze that went on (even though i doubt half the kids that were going nuts for her had never watched much of the golden girls or new of anything she did before then, and the current Bill Murray love going on now)

This list is pretty bad and seems like it was written by some college kid who watches alot of TV

Edited by apuszczalowski

But it wasn't a funny comedy, just a sad one..........

I don't know...I've watched Wile E. Coyote fall off cliffs, get hit with boulders and blow up from dynamite thousands of times and always laugh my arse off...same for last year's season of Bills football. They deserve a Top 50 ranking in my opinion.

Honeymooners deserves to be at the top of the list. I just started watching reruns again - they now show the "lost" 15 minute episodes from the Jackie Gleason Show -and the timing between Gleason and Carney has never been approached by any other pairing.

I agree. BTW/ what channel are they showing reruns?