50 Funniest Comedies Of All Time

Just Jack

Another click site like BR rates them....

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/02/funniest-tv-comedies-of-all-time/

50. Community

49. Everybody Loves Raymond

48. NewsRadio

47. How I Met Your Mother

46. The Big Bang Theory

45. M*A*S*H

44. Freaks and Geeks

43. Eastbound & Down

42. Workaholics

41. The Wayans Bros.

39. Roseanne

39. Malcolm in the Middle

38. That '70s Show

37. The Mary Tyler Moore Show

36. Get a Life

35. Everybody Hates Chris

34. Police Squad!

33. Extras

32. Flight of the Conchords

31. All in the Family

30. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

29. Reno 911!

28. Married... with Children

27. Friends

26. Scrubs

25. Modern Family

24. Night Court

23. Louie

22. Newhart

21. Will and Grace

20. Sanford and Son

19. The Golden Girls

18. The Bernie Mac Show

17. The Honeymooners

16. The Abbott and Costello Show

15. The Larry Sanders Show

14. The Three Stooges

13. Cheers

12. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

11. Parks and Recreation

10. The Cosby Show

9. Taxi

8. I Love Lucy

7. The Office

6. Martin

5. Seinfeld

4. Party Down

3. Curb Your Enthusiasm

2. 30 Rock

and, in #1......

1. Arrested Development

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty damn good list. Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Party Down, 30 Rock, and Curb Your Enthusiasm are all great shows. I'd probably order them:

1. Arrested Development

2. 30 Rock

3. Seinfeld

4. Party Down

5. Curb Your Enthusiasm

But it's pretty close.

Edited by BlueFire

I am sorry, this list just looks too inconsistent to believe and take seriously.

Fresh Prince was better then Martin and Sanford and Son beat both of those, which all took over Golden Girls. S&S takes on Married with Children somewhere in that list more closely.

I've seen two episodes of It's Always Funny and I know that beats Reno911.

Will and Grace and Friends being on that list are just jokes.

Yeah, this list was made by a youngun, for sure. Also, it's unfair to lump the pay cable series in with the major networks. Can you imagine Taxi or Cheers on pay cable? Even Seinfeld or The Office, for that matter. And All in the Family at 31 is simply criminal.

And where the hell is Welcome Back Kotter???

Yeah, this list was made by a youngun, for sure. Also, it's unfair to lump the pay cable series in with the major networks. Can you imagine Taxi or Cheers on pay cable? Even Seinfeld or The Office, for that matter. And All in the Family at 31 is simply criminal.

And where the hell is Welcome Back Kotter???

And are these TV comedies? If so why are the Three Stoogies on there? They were movie shorts. Dumb list.

The Munsters should also be on that list.

The Addams Family

The Andy Griffith Show (the best characters on any comedy show)

The Dick Van Dyke Show

F-Troop

The Andy Griffith Show (the best characters on any comedy show)

I do not really count Andy Griffith as a comedy. I really do not know how to categorize it. It is maybe one of my favorite shows all time. It still airs here on CBS at 10a, 10:30a and 5:30p (yes, between the 5pm and 6pm news). To me the show was more just a way of life, something I have seen in reruns a million times.

"Freaks & Geeks" might have been the closest thing to a perfect television show but it wasn't a comedy. It was a tragedy. Every. Single. Episode.

Agree on WKRP.

Also: "Barney Miller" (Steve Landesburg's wit was drier than any desert) & "Family Ties" ('There was a kangaroo in my living room').

Special nod to "Mork & Mindy" just for Exidor.

Old school: "Newhart", "Dick Van Dyke", "The Jeffersons", oh, it just goes on...

Edited by HopsGuy

I do not really count Andy Griffith as a comedy. I really do not know how to categorize it. It is maybe one of my favorite shows all time. It still airs here on CBS at 10a, 10:30a and 5:30p (yes, between the 5pm and 6pm news). To me the show was more just a way of life, something I have seen in reruns a million times.

Andy Griffith was a sitcom. You don't see it that way because you live in Mount Pilot.

I always wonder whether these lists are meant to reflect greatness based on modern sentiment or "great in their own time".

To draw an analogy, Babe Ruth is probably the greatest hitter of all time but if you put him in the game today he'd be blown away. Things improve over time and that includes comedy, but can we really equate friggin How I Met Your Mother with M*A*S*H?