DeMarcus "Dee" Milliner - CB - Alabama

papazoid

I'm really not opposed to giving McKelvin another shot at starting CB.

His cover skills have been good - he just struggled competing for balls in the air - don't know how trainable/learnable that is, but it seems like it might be enough to give him that shot. Obviously he has the speed and agility to play the position and then some.

One of the best CBs I have seen come out in a long long time. He will be gone by 8

I actually think he's a tad overrated personally. Patrick Peterson to me was worlds better at this point in their careers.

In the 5 games or so I watched him play, he at times seemed to lack ball awareness when the ball was up in the air and seemed a bit out of position at times. He'd make up for it with his physical talent, but at the next level it'll be harder to make up for any mistake no matter how small it is.

That being said, he's obviously the best CB in this draft in terms of potential. He's definitely not one of the best CB's I've seen come out though - he's way too raw to have that distinction.

Edited by bobobonators

I really feel that Ron Brooks is going to be a player for us......I dont want to overload on corners early when we have a guy like Brooks waiting in the wings.......

Resign McKelvin....let him and Gilmore start. Let Brooks be the nickle......bring in a experienced vet free agent for insurance.

I agree with all of this.

I really feel that Ron Brooks is going to be a player for us......I dont want to overload on corners early when we have a guy like Brooks waiting in the wings.......

Resign McKelvin....let him and Gilmore start. Let Brooks be the nickle......bring in a experienced vet free agent for insurance.

I'm not sure what the deal is going to be with A. Williams as to whether he gets moved to safety, etc..but I wouldn't completely give up on him either. he showed brief flashes before going down his rookie season.

Williams is pretty damn young and I'd like to see him a full season in a legit defensive scheme.

Keep an eye on Boise St. CB Jamar Taylor in he is around in the 3rd or 4th round. Decent size at 5'11" 192....played all four years at Boise and took over starting role at the beginning of his sophomore season. Ran 4.32 at the combine....22 reps on the bench press. Physical corner who excels in press man coverage. Would be a steal if we were able to get him in the 4th, but I suspect he will go in the 3rd. IMO, would be a good bookend corner on the other side of Gilmore.

I like Brooks, too, but it's ironic that he couldn't beat out a freshman Tyrann Matthieu for the other starting CB spot at LSU.

GO BILLS!!!

I actually think he's a tad overrated personally. Patrick Peterson to me was worlds better at this point in their careers.

In the 5 games or so I watched him play, he at times seemed to lack ball awareness when the ball was up in the air and seemed a bit out of position at times. He'd make up for it with his physical talent, but at the next level it'll be harder to make up for any mistake no matter how small it is.

That being said, he's obviously the best CB in this draft in terms of potential. He's definitely not one of the best CB's I've seen come out though - he's way too raw to have that distinction.

Patrick Peterson was worlds better than everyone. His running ability is of another world. Coming out of college he was worlds better than Revis. Champ Bailey, Deion Sanders and Charles Woodson are the only guys, coming out of college, that were in the same realm as Peterson. It doesn't mean he can't be a great CB and worthy of the 8th spot. I'd be ok with it. I think he's going to be a stud. He and Gilmore would be fantastic and instantly grade our defense more than any other player in this draft IMO. Jarvis Jones would be my first choice followed by Dion Jordan, but milliner would be a great addition.

I like this idea as well. I love Brooks. What I love even more, is the thought of Brooks at nickel and Milliner and Gilmore on the outside. Our cbs would be dynamic in a pass happy league. Landing Jones or Jordan to bolster the LBs and resigning mckelvin to pair with brooks and Gilmore is a good option though. It'll be interesting to see what Leo gets on the open market. I bet its at least 4mill a year if the team thinks he can start at CB. I really hope we retain him though.