Potential cut: Miles Austin

FluffHead

Schefter says Miles Austin is a potential cut in Dallas. Good fit in Buffalo? I would imagine he would come cheaper than Bowe/Wallace/Jennings. Good player when healthy

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Most interesting potential salary-cap casualty in coming days: Cowboys WR Miles Austin. Dallas needs cap space and Austin would provide it.

Cowboys would save $3.6 million against their salary cap if they released WR Miles Austin. The team is roughly $18 million over the cap.

Edited by FluffHead

He is definitely on the decline even though he is the right side of 30. Probably the number 3 receiver on the Dallas team. Good hands but losing a step daily. Not sure he would be worth the 4-5 Million he might get if he renegotiates with Dallas. Not sure he would be worth the minimum 4 million he would want if he is released, probably looking for more in the 5 million range. Would be nice for a quick fix while a new future #2 receiver taken later in the draft is given time to develop. But I don't think he would be worth even 4 million a year. Especially without a decent QB throwing to him this year.

Ya but why is he the one they are thinking of cutting ??

Because he can't stay healthy ! He's been on the sideline more in the last 2 years than he's been on the field .

We just got rid of Mcgee. We don't need another guy taking up a roster spot & cap space rather than having a player that could bring production to the team .

He could be a good add but is the risk going to be worth the reward ???

Because he can't stay healthy ! He's been on the sideline more in the last 2 years than he's been on the field .

We just got rid of Mcgee. We don't need another guy taking up a roster spot & cap space rather than having a player that could bring production to the team .

He's played 26 out of 32 games the last 2 seasons. I'd guess that's above average for an NFL starter.

He missed 6 games two years ago then played the whole season this past year coming up 50 yards short of 1000 yards. He was in line behind witten and bryant to catch balls. He would get a big deal if released.

Austin is an ideal fit for what we need at WR 1B, in my opinion. A guy who can stretch the field across from Stevie and make plays in the open field. He has not lost a step, that is ridiculous. He's had some injury issues, but nothing major. Hopefully that just makes him affordable. He's a better fit here than Jennings or Bowe, that's for sure. The only question is can we afford him.

If he gets cut, we'll be bidding against several teams. The Bills getting Austin would be almost too perfect for it to actually ever happen.

He is definitely on the decline even though he is the right side of 30. Probably the number 3 receiver on the Dallas team. Good hands but losing a step daily. Not sure he would be worth the 4-5 Million he might get if he renegotiates with Dallas. Not sure he would be worth the minimum 4 million he would want if he is released, probably looking for more in the 5 million range. Would be nice for a quick fix while a new future #2 receiver taken later in the draft is given time to develop. But I don't think he would be worth even 4 million a year. Especially without a decent QB throwing to him this year.

Who's the number 2 in Dallas if he's number 3? Ogletree??

He'd be a major upgrade. Injuries are an inside with him though, so I'd be hesitant,

He'd be a major upgrade. Injuries are an inside with him though, so I'd be hesitant,

You are absolutely correct. He's played 86 of 96 possible reg season games. He's gotta be on the field more for me to consider him a good signing.

You are absolutely correct. He's played 86 of 96 possible reg season games. He's gotta be on the field more for me to consider him a good signing.

I said I'd be hesitant. He would be a good signing. He was hurt most of this season. Credit to him for playing with them, but he was still hurt and it affected his play. The previous season he played through some and miss several games due to some. Earlier in his career, he was usually healthy, hence his 86 of 96. He's been more dinged up than most good WRs the past 2 seasons. That being said, I think he would be a great addition and would help us. Just because I'd be hesitant doesn't mean I think it's bad. Putting words in people's mouths is bad.

Schefter says Miles Austin is a potential cut in Dallas. Good fit in Buffalo? I would imagine he would come cheaper than Bowe/Wallace/Jennings. Good player when healthy

Most interesting potential salary-cap casualty in coming days: Cowboys WR Miles Austin. Dallas needs cap space and Austin would provide it.

Cowboys would save $3.6 million against their salary cap if they released WR Miles Austin. The team is roughly $18 million over the cap.

He'd bring great depth to our WR corp ... after we draft Patterson and Harper.

If you think he is number two, read this analysis on him by a sportswriter for a Dallas newspaper. Then reconsider just how much he would cost and how much he would be worth. Not saying he "might" be good if healthy, but that he will cost way too much for his benefit to the team.

http://cowboysblog.d...nal-grade.html/

Edited by simpleman

missed 10 games in 6 years or missed 1.6 games a year and that isn't good enough for you? you have unreal expectations, but okay, whatever.