Robert Woods - WR - USC

D521646

I would be OK with Woods in the 2nd. I think he will be a quality NFL receiver. We are in desperate need of help there. Gotta go D in the 1st (value for the pick is there as opposed to the QBs). Also, don't forget we need a TE so that might dictate how we take care of the WR need (i.e., do we draft a Woods in the 2nd if we sign a quality TE in FA?).

Robert woods would be a excellent pick at #41 ...on the gotta go with defense with the first pick situation I totaly disagree..... Its a QB driven league ......you can draft a linebacker have him become the next von miller and his impact will be minor compared to a Qb that we draft and he turns out to be a pro bowl type Qb....

Edited by Hotpockets28

I think he would be a great draft pick in second round..great hands..runs great routes just

very impressive..he looks like the most nfl ready. patterson is a beast but i think woods would

be the better pick.

think we go lb in the first...dont know.. everyone is on geno, he is a great athlete but like mayock

says he makes some dumb decisions with hsi passes..

by the way. I think mayock is one of if not the best announcers for info out there, I always enjoy

his vision and anylysis. Plus I was impressed with irvin and warner on their thoughts and what they

see during the drills.

qbs:

glennon too inconsistent

geno reminds me of losman-dumb plays but he has a cannon and is very athletic

ej manual very impressive, cocerned about downfield accuracy but man he was very good

wilson like him, think he is what buddy and marrone are looking for, made some mistakes but

will be available in 2nd/3rd

I think he would be a great draft pick in second round..great hands..runs great routes just

very impressive..he looks like the most nfl ready. patterson is a beast but i think woods would

be the better pick.

think we go lb in the first...dont know.. everyone is on geno, he is a great athlete but like mayock

says he makes some dumb decisions with hsi passes..

by the way. I think mayock is one of if not the best announcers for info out there, I always enjoy

his vision and anylysis. Plus I was impressed with irvin and warner on their thoughts and what they

see during the drills.

qbs:

glennon too inconsistent

geno reminds me of losman-dumb plays but he has a cannon and is very athletic

ej manual very impressive, cocerned about downfield accuracy but man he was very good

wilson like him, think he is what buddy and marrone are looking for, made some mistakes but

will be available in 2nd/3rd

forgot to put in about barkley. boy he handles himself with a lot of poise. i dont think he makes it

to us but he has all the making of a franchise qb who can handle everything...just remember how rj or

jp or te or fitz sounds when talking to the media. they all sound like they dont know what to say..only one

was kelly...barkley reminds me a lot of jimbo

enough kid. You obviously watch a TON of USC. You might be Barkleys girlfriend which would justify your stroked eat with him. Again, you've managed to hijack a thread with Barkley talk when it was originally about a WR.

As far as "most polished" and "ready to start in the NFL" QB in the draft goes,any people said that about Sanchez, Palmer, Lienert, and Rob Johnson too. Yet all of these QBs (with the exception for Palmer but only barely) have been extremely dreadful and some of the biggest busts in draft history.

I'm not saying you won't be right. He might be better than the rest in this draft class, but for you to claim it like its a fact, is just ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is your going to compare a guy like Sanchez, who was a one year starter & could not even beat out John David Booty when Carroll all but handed the keys over to Sanchez in spring practices to a guy like Barkley, who was a 4 year starter, threw for more then 12K yards & had over 140 td passes in his college career. I am all aboard the barkley train if he is there @ 8. If Woods is there in the 2nd round & the bills grab him I will consider this draft a success no matter how of the rest of it turns out.

Edited by Gordio

forgot to put in about barkley. boy he handles himself with a lot of poise. i dont think he makes it

to us but he has all the making of a franchise qb who can handle everything...just remember how rj or

jp or te or fitz sounds when talking to the media. they all sound like they dont know what to say..only one

was kelly...barkley reminds me a lot of jimbo

I swear if buffalo doest at least try and move up for barkley and the arizona cardinals draft him I might lose it..... Tears all over the place....(kidding)....:cry: or am I???

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aLPm38LBwg

This is kinda going on the other post "sell me on patterson" sorry if they should be joined.

I also don't think we need another "raw" WR like patterson. We have our raw guy with TJ. I know Patterson is much bigger than TJ I am just saying having two guys that don't know how to run good routs prob isn't good.

I really like woods! No pun intended, he has put up good numbers many years and the knock on him was the production drop last year... But that was with USC in general. Their D, O-line, Barkley. Granted I don't watch many college football games but when I watch his highlights I think of Buddy saying he wants a guy that can just go up and get the ball... covered or not.

Where do you guys think he will go? Second maybe third?

Edited by 95altima12

Not gonna make it to us in the 3rd. His Pro Day performance solidified his position in the 2nd according to the impression he made on the so-called experts. I think he was under the radar as much as a top 5 WR can be (perhaps not under the radar but rather temporarily out of the spotlight). With everyone being obsessed with the weak QB class everyone showed up to see Barkley (and to tear him down) and then watched Woods and remembered how good he is. From what I've read, he is a polished, talented WR who is NFL ready. Might not be a #1 WR but will be a VERY good #2. If we get our impact LB in the 1st, I would be happy with Woods in the 2nd (I'm one of those stupid people who think we should draft a developmental QB, if at all this year--I'd love a field stretching TE in the 3rd and would follow that up with another LB). But I'm no expert, just a guy who reads a lot and watches some YouTube videos---no shame in admitting that!

I love Woods and would be doing cartwheels in my living room if the Bills take him in the 2nd round. Metaphorical cartwheels mind you, I've got a bad back.

While its true that Woods isn't a prototype 6'5 monster like Calvin Johnson, he does fit Nix's criteria of "being open even when he's covered". Woods will outmuscle defenders for the ball and made a career out of doing that at USC. He's not explosive like Austin or Hopkins but I dare say he's physically the strongest WR in this draft. Would make a fine addition in the 2nd.

I love Woods and would be doing cartwheels in my living room if the Bills take him in the 2nd round. Metaphorical cartwheels mind you, I've got a bad back.

While its true that Woods isn't a prototype 6'5 monster like Calvin Johnson, he does fit Nix's criteria of "being open even when he's covered". Woods will outmuscle defenders for the ball and made a career out of doing that at USC. He's not explosive like Austin or Hopkins but I dare say he's physically the strongest WR in this draft. Would make a fine addition in the 2nd.

ehh.. i don't doubt strength if you say so. but just 6' even and a pedestrian vertical? i don't see how he fits that. at least Hopkins is 6'1" and has a 36" vertical. he'd be more on the radar than woods.

woods is my absolute no. 1 WR pick for the bills- even ahead of coradelle patterson who's tall thin frame and upright running stance will be ground to a pulp by NFL DBs.

watch the tape. woods is a gamer with attitude and runs like a train when he catches the ball. watch some of barkley's highlights- woods will be right there.

i'll be doing cartwheels too.