Does Kelsay get cut now?

kelsay cut   

175 members have voted

1. 1. does Kelsay get cut?

I don't think that it's because Kelsay is bad. I think the problem is that he isn't great, and commands a high salary for a backup DE when we already have WIlliams, Anderson, Merriman and Moore. Marrone just showed his willingness to cut less cap impactful players in areas where we were already frighteningly thin so it seems somewhat mystifying that Kelsay isn't part of the movement.

I don't think merriman or moore are currently under contract.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsay, Fitzpatrick, McGee, Anderson, Pears would be a good start.

Kelsay released this info after I spoke to him. He's working out and approaching it as if he's going to be back, while aware that the decision is not entirely his.

jw

Doesn't sound too confident.

I don't think merriman or moore are currently under contract.

Interesting piece of info! If this is all that is learned here, it was worth the thread. I forgot that Merriman is out of contract, and didnt know about Moore.

Lots of work to get done at OBD. That's for sure.

I don't think that it's because Kelsay is bad. I think the problem is that he isn't great, and commands a high salary for a backup DE when we already have WIlliams, Anderson, Merriman and Moore. Marrone just showed his willingness to cut less cap impactful players in areas where we were already frighteningly thin so it seems somewhat mystifying that Kelsay isn't part of the movement.

Merriman and Moore are both free agents

Merriman and Moore are both free agents

True, but after the years of injuries, the Bills were the only ones willing to take a chance on him last year and Moore was brought in on the cheap. We could probably snap them both up with what we save on Kelsay. Better quality for the same cost.

Don't understand the rush to cut a back up DE who is a solid all around player.

Kelsay has done many things personally to people on this board. Just because he hasn't crashed into your house, drunk, pissed on your cat and shouted out YOLO, doesn't mean it hasn't happened to most people on this board.

Looks like odds are good Kelsay will stay.

http://www.rotoworld...78/chris-kelsay

How do you get that from that?

I mean all that said was he is cleared to play and gave his base salary. I am not saying he will be back with the Bills or will not but that blurb from rotoworld just stated some facts. facts which Kelsay and his agent probably supplied.

How do you get that from that?

I mean all that said was he is cleared to play and gave his base salary. I am not saying he will be back with the Bills or will not but that blurb from rotoworld just stated some facts. facts which Kelsay and his agent probably supplied.

Just putting the pieces together. The fact that his injury has healed (and isn't disk related) along with him surviving this last round of cuts, being the most complete DE not named Mario on the team, and a salary that doesn't sound prohibitive all makes me think he'll be back.

Just to clarify, this isn't an official confirmation. I'll check with my sources and get back to you.

Don't understand the rush to cut a back up DE who is a solid all around player.

He's just the TBD whipping boy.

Kelsay isn't a great player, but he's a serviceable backup. He's getting old though.

True, but after the years of injuries, the Bills were the only ones willing to take a chance on him last year and Moore was brought in on the cheap. We could probably snap them both up with what we save on Kelsay. Better quality for the same cost.

I'm pretty confident we bring back Moore, Merriman has a shot too. Both should be cheap and I don't know how much Kelsay's contract will affect their signings.

The guy has NEVER, EVER done anything. Someone in upper management liked the guy to give him a $20 Million extension because no ther team would have even signed him for $1 million a year. He is like Jochen Hecht on The Sabres...Old, slow, and useless-but for some reason is still around....Adios Chrissy!