Does Kelsay get cut now?

kelsay cut   

175 members have voted

1. 1. does Kelsay get cut?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this - if you're going to cut a guy like Kelsay, who would, I'd guess, play in about 30% of the snaps, while making close to 4-5 million a year, are you going to find another F.A. for equal or lesser money who would make more of an impact? Maybe - but, my guess is, with a draft like this one, where the D-line is so deep, you could draft a guy or two in the mid rounds and pay him less than a million a year, and with that kind of player you have the potential to strike gold. I believe that is where this defense is headed this year - out with the old, in with young players who are hungry, athletic, and if we bring in enough, some of them should stick.

we only have six picks

Its such a mystery, Kelsay is overpaid based off of his performance yet he sticks around through multiple regimes. If the Bills are up against the cap and they don't cut Kelsay they are morons.

your and idiot

Buddy Nix is white, Kelsay is ...

really ? you need proffesional help asap. its about the damn lunchpail dude

Maybe not. He has significant experience at de in the 4-3 and two full years as olb in a 3-4. Most everyone believes him to be worthless as a olb in the 3-4, but everyone in Edwards defense looked worthless. It was also a read and react 3-4, not an attacking downhill 3-4 that Pettine will deploy.

So, Kelsay, more than anyone on the front 7, gives Pettine the most versatility of any player.

As with any 3-4, I don't care who lines up where, if you don't have a quality NT, you will suck. The Bills do not have a quality NT on the roster. It has to be a high priority in the offseason.

we only have six picks

your and idiot

really ? you need proffesional help asap. its about the damn lunchpail dude

Kelsay didn't bring his pail in '12, Barnett & Wilson were more productive and are 2 years younger in positions where being 30 plus is more doable than the defensive line.

Edited by BigCountryBills

kelsay is waay more valuable than merriman. thirty one other teams had the chance to sign shawn and passed for a reason. if kelsay is cut it is guaranteed somebody will pick him up and put him in their rotation. im fine with whatever this staff decides to do with either of them but id say odds are at least 4-1 in kelsays favor over merriman staying on next year

im pretty confident they will bring moore back. even though its a different regime it was still the bills that gave him his shot over merriman in the first place. hes probably got a good deal of loyalty to this team so if they want him they probably have him no problem

Didn't realize Moore is a FA as well. So that means we have Williams, Anderson and Kelsay under contract, and $30m in room? I say we don't make a move on Kelsay unless we have a better opportunity. I'd like to bring Moore back, and I'd also welcome Merriman back. I don't think our DL is our issue on our defense, but if we get a better option we go for it.

just to drive the board crazy ? :devil:

Partly that, yes. But also because he has to become a cult favorite sooner or later. I think a lot more people are going to miss Kelsay once he is gone than they realize. Not because he's that great of a player, but just because he's always been around. And he gives us Bills fans the one thing we want more than anything else, even more than a championship, and that's something to complain about.

Partly that, yes. But also because he has to become a cult favorite sooner or later. I think a lot more people are going to miss Kelsay once he is gone than they realize. Not because he's that great of a player, but just because he's always been around. And he gives us Bills fans the one thing we want more than anything else, even more than a championship, and that's something to complain about.

Now you're just being silly. There will always be something to complain about. Always.

Yeah Kelsay is like the slow-moving zombie in the B Movies that you just can't kill.

He keeps showing up in every scene.

A step behind but always around.