175 members have voted

1. 1. does Kelsay get cut?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Does Kelsay get cut now?

How long is now exactly?

I voted yes, but then realised he hadn't been cut and that I had been wrong... so I went to change my vote, re-read the question and thought "well, perhaps he'll be cut *now*."

(But then I realised he hadn't been cut and that I was wrong... so I went to change my vote, re-read the question and thought to myself... etc.)

According to spotrac cutting Kelsay only results in $800K of dead money, so it stands to reason they could either ask him to restructure or cut bait. A cap hit of nearly $5M seems excessive at this point in CK's career.

Kinda, but right now the Bills are about $30million under cap. Is it really necessary to be $33.5million under cap? Is there that much of a difference?

Of course, if we need the extra room to sign a FA, then fine. But I dont think we are there yet.

question Kelsay all you want. yet, he tried to play through the injury before aggravating it. and, he was one of the few -- only? -- defensive players to call out the rest of the unit publicly and on the record to try to shake things up.

jw

It was emblematic of this team's complete dysfunction when benchwarmers were calling out their team mates in public. Anyway, he gets no points for doing this. Just a little STFU would do. And a pink slip.

The Bills just cut 2 players more valuable then Kelsay.

question Kelsay all you want. yet, he tried to play through the injury before aggravating it. and, he was one of the few -- only? -- defensive players to call out the rest of the unit publicly and on the record to try to shake things up.

jw

John-

I am not questioning his toughness or the fact he called guys out. Those are great attributes. But does his play equal his salary? Can the Bills use that money in better places? Do the Bills need to spend the type of money he will be making on a back up/role player?

I do not think Kelsay stinks. Just to be clear on that.

i am almost positive that i saw somewhere that the Bills wanted moore back

yep. they were quoted saying as much.

Maybe Kelsay gets a restructure. Buti neither Wilson nor Barnett got any type of offer we know about.

Could be Pettine has already made up his mind about most of his players. and is thinning the Herd.

One thing is for sure , these are exciting times and this is not our Fathers Buffalo Bills, folks !

Go Bills!!

For those that still cling to the idea that CK is "solid" or "not a bad player" good for you guys, i guess. I'm certainly not one of them, but we've had this argument innumerable times here already.

He's been a starter or main rotational guy on some of the worst defenses this team has ever fielded. In my opinion, he's been a key contributor to those tirefires and has always failed to play with the on-the-field discipline requisite to his position, especially for a veteran of his age and experience.

Cutting him now doesn't really help the cap situation that much, true. Honestly I could care less what they do with the guy now, he should've been cut long ago.