QBs are getting ready for the combine

Tipster19

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read several reports of Nassib flying up the draft board as more people look at his body of work and his supporting cast. I'm not sure if he's the #1 overall prospect like Russ Lande claims, or even a 1st rounder, but it's interesting to see more people jump on his bandwagon.

I've read several reports of Nassib flying up the draft board as more people look at his body of work and his supporting cast. I'm not sure if he's the #1 overall prospect like Russ Lande claims, or even a 1st rounder, but it's interesting to see more people jump on his bandwagon.

Is this similar to Whitner and Eric Flowers shooting up the draft board?

Nassib might turn out to be a very good pro. He seems to me to be a Dalton type qb, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But anyone who has him at the very top of their board should be laughed out of their profession. If the Bills identify him as the qb they want then they should trade down and then select him. In this year's draft there is no excuse for this organization not to come up with a legitimate qb prospect.

Is this similar to Whitner and Eric Flowers shooting up the draft board?

Nassib might turn out to be a very good pro. He seems to me to be a Dalton type qb, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But anyone who has him at the very top of their board should be laughed out of their profession. If the Bills identify him as the qb they want then they should trade down and then select him. In this year's draft there is no excuse for this organization not to come up with a legitimate qb prospect.

flowers, well played haha

trading down is easier said than done

I want no part of any "dalton type QB"

flowers, well played haha

trading down is easier said than done

I want no part of any "dalton type QB"

Blasphemy!!! Our team would have been in the playoffs the last two seasons if we had taken Dalton instead of Aaron Williams. :rolleyes:

anyone who doesnt think Ryan Nassib has the tools to be the best QB in this draft and a very solid NFL QB in general, has no idea what they are looking at. Being a season ticket holder in Syracuse, I have seen every snap this kid has taken and he has improved every year. He has all the throws, the size the mobility...he needs to work on his touch passes, and its not like he doesnt have touch, I've seen him go bread basket from 50 yards multiple times, just has to work on it a bit.

There is no fix, there is no consperacy, Nassib is one of the top 3 QBs in this draft and will more than likley be the best coming out and be better than any QB the Bills have had since Kelly.

I know what your asking, how do I come up with this...simple. I've seen him play. The so called experts havent seen him play, they watch tape and anyone with half a brain cell knows that tape isnt game time. How many times do you you hear WOW, he didnt look like that on tape....all the time? yes! there is a reason.

If the Bills werent interested in Nassib and they didnt think he had the ability, why was Nix or another scout at every Syracuse game? Why were they at practices? Logic, at least to me says that if they didnt see things they liked they would have watched him once or twice but not every snap of the season.

Is Nassib the pick? who knows, but he is far better than some of you seem to think, more than likley your judging it from the senior bowl where you cant judge nothing.

But if we lose enough can you say Manzel

Manzel wont be a good NFL QB, at least not as good as some people keep thinking

But if we lose enough can you say Manzel

But we won't. 5-11 through 9-7.

anyone who doesnt think Ryan Nassib has the tools to be the best QB in this draft and a very solid NFL QB in general, has no idea what they are looking at. Being a season ticket holder in Syracuse, I have seen every snap this kid has taken and he has improved every year. He has all the throws, the size the mobility...he needs to work on his touch passes, and its not like he doesnt have touch, I've seen him go bread basket from 50 yards multiple times, just has to work on it a bit.

There is no fix, there is no consperacy, Nassib is one of the top 3 QBs in this draft and will more than likley be the best coming out and be better than any QB the Bills have had since Kelly.

I know what your asking, how do I come up with this...simple. I've seen him play. The so called experts havent seen him play, they watch tape and anyone with half a brain cell knows that tape isnt game time. How many times do you you hear WOW, he didnt look like that on tape....all the time? yes! there is a reason.

If the Bills werent interested in Nassib and they didnt think he had the ability, why was Nix or another scout at every Syracuse game? Why were they at practices? Logic, at least to me says that if they didnt see things they liked they would have watched him once or twice but not every snap of the season.

Is Nassib the pick? who knows, but he is far better than some of you seem to think, more than likley your judging it from the senior bowl where you cant judge nothing.

Manzel wont be a good NFL QB, at least not as good as some people keep thinking

Ok, you watch Nassib play A LOT. You think he's good. Got it. Have you watched any of the other prospects enough to know how good they are? You're comparing a player that you know a lot about to players you don't know nearly as much. Hard to compare in that situation. I think there a chance he becomes a very solid QB. But I think that's the best he'll be. A very solid QB. I want a great QB. I just don't see the ceiling going that high for him. I'd we pick him, he'll be my favorite QB in the league. I just don't see him leading us to a SB win. I see a Andy Dalton type. He can get you to the playoffs, but I don't see him winning 3-4 playoff games in a row. Only time will tell.

QB Ryan Nassib is working out under our OC Nathaniel Hackett's father Paul, former respected NFL OC Paul Hackett and former NFL QB and QB Coach Kenny Anderson. Very interesting, this connection to our current coaching staff.

http://www.draftinsi...net/blog/?cat=1

Thanks for the heads-up.

If he's our starter in '13, it's a MINIMUM three more years of suckdom before we blow another draft, and settle for a different bum in 2017. The abyss seems to widen for this franchise every ofseason.

But we won't. 5-11 through 9-7.

Ok, you watch Nassib play A LOT. You think he's good. Got it. Have you watched any of the other prospects enough to know how good they are? You're comparing a player that you know a lot about to players you don't know nearly as much. Hard to compare in that situation. I think there a chance he becomes a very solid QB. But I think that's the best he'll be. A very solid QB. I want a great QB. I just don't see the ceiling going that high for him. I'd we pick him, he'll be my favorite QB in the league. I just don't see him leading us to a SB win. I see a Andy Dalton type. He can get you to the playoffs, but I don't see him winning 3-4 playoff games in a row. Only time will tell.

I'll play devil's advocate for a moment. I am not saying Nassib will or won't be a good NFL QB, but what are you looking at when you say his "ceiling isn't that high"?

He has improved every year - he hasn't plateaued. There might or might not be continued improvement.

He has good size and strength.

His arm is plenty strong - certainly as strong or stronger than Tom Brady's and Drew Brees'. Arm strength is not the most important factor in NFL QB success - to be sure, you need "enough" arm to make the necessary throws and threaten the defense deep or you end up with lots of turnovers and a very limited offense. However, Brees, P. Manning and Brady are certainly 3 of the very top QBs in the NFL and none of them have cannons for an arm.

By accounts I've read (don't know for sure if they are accurate or not), he is supposedly a good leader and hard worker.

I'll agree that he isn't a tremendous running threat like RG III, Cam Newton or Colin Kaepernick. But there are different formulas for success.

Again, I don't know if he will be good in the NFL or not, but I don't see any physical limitations that limit his "ceiling".

I actually like Nassib and would have no problem at all if they drafted him with the 8th or subsequent picks. My question is "What does having OC Nathaniel Hackett's father coaching him mean?" I mean if the Bills really do like him do they want him doing well at the combine or in the Senior Bowl? It seems kind of crazy to me to have your OC try and make the quarterback you like do better at the combine so more teams become interested in him. You would almost think they would want the exact opposite. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this. Or maybe they're not interested in him at all, but do like him as a person so they actually want him to do as well as possible for his own personal gain. If Nassib really wanted to play here, to be reunited with his old coach and offensive coordinator would he ever intentionally tank any part of the Senior Bowl or the combine so he could slide to the Bills in the 2nd round? Would the coaches ever suggest this to him if they really did want him as well or is that beyond ludicrous from the perspective of a player trying to earn money who is also represented by an agent? What is the pay scale difference between being taken with the 8th pick, to a trade up or down into the bottom of the first, to the Bills selection in the 2nd round? I'm just curious for my own knowledge.

I actually like Nassib and would have no problem at all if they drafted him with the 8th or subsequent picks. My question is "What does having OC Nathaniel Hackett's father coaching him mean?" I mean if the Bills really do like him do they want him doing well at the combine or in the Senior Bowl? It seems kind of crazy to me to have your OC try and make the quarterback you like do better at the combine so more teams become interested in him. You would almost think they would want the exact opposite. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this. Or maybe they're not interested in him at all, but do like him as a person so they actually want him to do as well as possible for his own personal gain. If Nassib really wanted to play here, to be reunited with his old coach and offensive coordinator would he ever intentionally tank any part of the Senior Bowl or the combine so he could slide to the Bills in the 2nd round? Would the coaches ever suggest this to him if they really did want him as well or is that beyond ludicrous from the perspective of a player trying to earn money who is also represented by an agent? What is the pay scale difference between being taken with the 8th pick, to a trade up or down into the bottom of the first, to the Bills selection in the 2nd round? I'm just curious for my own knowledge.

The Bills have absolutely no say in who Nassib hires to help him prepare for the draft. I doubt that Paul Hackett asked his son for permission to be hired to help Nassib.

It is definitely NEVER in Nassib's (or anyone's) best interest to not put your best foot forward.

The pay difference between the 8th pick and the 10th pick in round 2 is many MILLIONS of dollars.

Nassib might think it'd be nice to play for Hackett/Marrone in Buffalo, but I am 100% certain that he would be thrilled to get an opportunity to play anywhere else in the NFL. His focus is on getting better and trying to be picked as high as possible in the draft.