Beyonce

Dragonborn10

She can definitely sing. She is also definitely a construction of the entertainment industry and heavy on the artifice.

Let's face it, bands of people who just enjoy writing songs and making music together are not the flavor of the month. But there is plenty of room for all of it out there.

I muted it and watched her while listening to My Bloody Valentine's new record for a surrealist halftime experience.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care for her music but to complain that you can't understand the lyrics? Really? There are tons of songs, from all different types of genres, where the lyrics are hard to hear clearly (particularly on the first listen.) Since when is that a legit complaint about music? I guess you should stick to spoken word?

I don't care for her music but to complain that you can't understand the lyrics? Really? There are tons of songs, from all different types of genres, where the lyrics are hard to hear clearly (particularly on the first listen.) Since when is that a legit complaint about music? I guess you should stick to spoken word?

Old person complaint that has been levied at least since the days of Little Richard and Chuck Berry.

Eh...anyone exepcting to be musically satisfied by a Super Bowl half-time show probably doesn't really care about music that much.

As far as these kind of performances go, I thought she was much better than most...and I am so glad, whatever they do, they trended away from throwing a bunch of different artists together for a musical trainwreck. The woman can sing.

Very talented person i will give her that, & she's hotter than a stolen pistol, that being said i wold much rather watch what has been said of past SB entertainers the old guys.

The old guys like Aerosmith, Mcartney, The Wo, will be played for 100's of years to coe while the others will have a limited group of fans.

I can't wait for them to have AC/DC on as the halftime entertainment !!

The old guys changed music for ever all of these new artists grew up listening to the old guys & are trying to remake or redo what they did.

At least Beyonce was better than last year The Black Eyed peas SUCKED !! That was the absolute worst halftime show i have ever seen !!

I thought this year they might have Stevie Wonder seeing as they did the whole Superstition thing this year in the NFL commercials NOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A SB HALFTIME SHOW !!!!

Next year will probably be Justin Beber !!

Edited by T master

Very talented person i will give her that, & she's hotter than a stolen pistol, that being said i wold much rather watch what has been said of past SB entertainers the old guys.

The old guys like Aerosmith, Mcartney, The Wo, will be played for 100's of years to coe while the others will have a limited group of fans.

The old guys changed music for ever all of these new artists grew up listening to the old guys & are trying to remake or redo what they did.

At least Beyonce was better than last year The Black Eyed peas SUCKED !! That was the absolute worst halftime show i have ever seen !!

agree Black Eyed Peas are the worst. I liked Aerosmith and Tom Petty. Not a fan of ever watching Mccartney again though. At a certain age you just gotta hang it up.

I thought this year they might have Stevie Wonder seeing as they did the whole Superstition thing this year in the NFL commercials NOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A SB HALFTIME SHOW !!!!

stevie played the bud light event on saturday night with gary clark (sunday afternoon? just a ridiculous amount of parties to keep track of). it wouldve been much cooler if they put him at halftime.

I'm 42 and I swear I could not understand a single word she sang. I honestly think she sang the same 4 lines over and over for 15 minutes. Is this entertainment? I know it isn't music. It is not even muzak. Do people really spend money to see her thrust her groin in concert? Is there a single person on this board that has downloaded one of her CD's to their I-pod?

Another 49-year old here who doesn't get your problem with Beyonce. Not the kind of music I buy but she's talented and gorgeous and I thouught the overall stage production was awesome.

And no, no trouble understanding the words for me - you might want to check on some combination of your home theater/TV and/or your hearing aid, gramps! :rolleyes:

As for other enterntainment reviews of the SB - I thought the Jennifer Hudson/SHES kid performance was weak but Alicia Keys right after is another lovely lady with a knockout voice and she was terrific.

Edited by BobChalmers

I think Alicia Keys did a respectable job with our National Anthem, for the most part.

Really? It took me 4 notes to know she was gonna drag that song out over 10 minutes. I had time to get more chips, another drink, take out the trash, check my e-mail and bang my gf....and she was still just finishing up. Geez

Really? It took me 4 notes to know she was gonna drag that song out over 10 minutes. I had time to get more chips, another drink, take out the trash, check my e-mail and bang my gf....and she was still just finishing up. Geez

and he ate a lot of chips in this time. really, that was the bulk of his activities.

did you see Stevie & Gary Clark Jr.??? that would have been awesome.

stevie played the bud light event on saturday night with gary clark (sunday afternoon? just a ridiculous amount of parties to keep track of). it wouldve been much cooler if they put him at halftime.

Another 49-year old here who doesn't get your problem with Beyonce. Not the kind of music I buy but she's talented and gorgeous and I thouught the overall stage production was awesome.

And no, no trouble understanding the words for me - you might want to check on some combination of your home theater/TV and/or your hearing aid, gramps! :rolleyes:

As for other enterntainment reviews of the SB - I thought the Jennifer Hudson/SHES kid performance was weak but Alicia Keys right after is another lovely lady with a knockout voice and she was terrific.

I understand that reasonable people have very different musical interests, but I can't understand why the complaints about the production itself. I thought that it was very well done. The camera angles and replicating Beyonces was novel and, I thought, entertaining.

Also, I'm confused by the "she can't sing" camp. Beyonce has a beautiful voice. And I'm not just saying that because I want to have sex with her.