No talk between Bills and Byrd / Levitre

BeastMode54

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Byrd made it clear that $$$ while nice wasn't everything. he wants to

be on a winning team.

How could anyone begrudge those 2 players that?

Both players are looking at their 3rd head coach with the Bills, and their

rookie contracts are just expiring. They have leverage, and Marrone needs to re-sell

the Bills to these guys heading into their prime.

I can only guess that maybe like a lot of fans. Buddy Nix hasn't instilled much confidence

with the few players actually worth their salt on the team.

we already know whats gonna happen with byrd, bills will try to resign him and if they cant hes franchised. that ones easy

levitre is tougher. as good as he is, you dont break the bank on a guard. if he wants money above all else hes gone. if he has interest in staying then he gives a hometown discount and the bills gladly keep him. id say its 50/50 at best and probably is going to take the paper elsewhere

I am not so sure Byrd is a foregone conclusion as a franchise guy. I am not sure, but think Landry is free agent and alreay knows Pettine and his system...like I said pure speculation.

I can see them tagging Levitre, even though that tag is higher..I think he is more valuable than Byrd in the open market in term of dollars over the tag number.

we already know whats gonna happen with byrd, bills will try to resign him and if they cant hes franchised. that ones easy

levitre is tougher. as good as he is, you dont break the bank on a guard. if he wants money above all else hes gone. if he has interest in staying then he gives a hometown discount and the bills gladly keep him. id say its 50/50 at best and probably is going to take the paper elsewhere

so we shouldnt "break the bank" for a guard, but someone else should/will???

the man is worth the money, he wont be demanding to be the highest paid guard in the NFL - he will want to be paid, and he and his wife very much enjoy Buffalo, and Marrone realizes the importance of the OL - I Think this deal gets done no problem

so we shouldnt "break the bank" for a guard, but someone else should/will???

the man is worth the money, he wont be demanding to be the highest paid guard in the NFL - he will want to be paid, and he and his wife very much enjoy Buffalo, and Marrone realizes the importance of the OL - I Think this deal gets done no problem

He deserves to be paid and someone will pay him if the Bills won't. If this team wants to get better, they have to keep their best players. Isn't that what Nix promised to do? Keep our own?

I am a Buddy fan, but of he is truly in charge of the roster as Uncle Russ says then this gets done or worked on regardless of whose coaching. The conversation would go like this.

-Hey Buddy can you wait to sit these guys until I can evaluate them?

-Doug, you just worry about coaching I'll get you the guys. You can evaluate their film to see what you will be getting next year, but they're coming back.

The Bills FO personal just want to be exhaustive & thorough in looking at every possibility as far as the contracts with their FA's just as they were in their search for the new HC. :w00t:

Buddy realizes what the team needs & is a strong proponent of keeping your own good players so i don't see this being a problem unless of coarse another team want s to pay over & above what the players marketable worth is like the Poz deal, then i could see us letting them walk.

Well it's been nice having them as Bills players :cry:

Edited by T master

Brandon said there have been no developments in contract talks with the team’s top two impending free agents – safety Jairus Byrd and guard Andy Levitre.

“The timeline is we need to sit down as a group personnel-wise and put our game plan together on how we’re going to approach things,” Brandon said. “As far as talks are concerned, there’s nothing at this point that’s concrete. We would love to have both guys

From this article.

At least one will be here next season, both wouldn't surprise me.

I would think the coaches would want to study the roster and see if our current FAs fit into their plans versus another player via draft or FA. I don't think they'll want to re-sign them just because they're current Bills. They have no loyalty to them and I don't think out FO would force players on them.

I would think the coaches would want to study the roster and see if our current FAs fit into their plans versus another player via draft or FA. I don't think they'll want to re-sign them just because they're current Bills. They have no loyalty to them and I don't think out FO would force players on them.

Are they better than their back-ups? Are the Bills loaded with talent at other positions? Can the Bills afford 2 more holes that must be filled?

I think that the answers to those questions will quickly help the coaching staff make up their collective mind.