Super Bowl Commercials

papazoid

How many more years before people start figuring out that advertisers have stopped spending money to make big, special Super Bowl commercials and it's just the same old crap you see every weekend, except even more promos for awful TV shows and movies?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are going to watch anyway so there's no reason to spend extra money on a fancy ad. That's a thing of the past.

True, but the more buzz surrounding a commercial more people will talk about it thereby increasing the effectiveness of the commercial.

Also, I got a kick out of the Leon Sandcastle spot.

Every year people claim they are the worst ever. Some were good, some were interesting, some may have been less than we hoped, but the advertisers are getting their message out to literally most of the country, and that's the point.

Anheuser-Busch InBev: Beck's serenade: A fish is singing? Weird, I don't get it.

Anheuser-Busch InBev: Black Crown coronation: A lot of sexy ladies, but which of these was the coronation and the celebration?

Anheuser-Busch InBev: Black Crown celebration: Aside from the ladies, both commercials were uninspired.

Anheuser-Busch InBev: Bud Light journey: Now this was good, the payoff with both fans sitting next to each other was great.

Anheuser-Busch InBev: Bud Light chair: This was ok. Not as funny as the journey.

Anheuser-Busch InBev: Budweiser Clydesdales: I like the clydesdales when they are funny, but this was pretty good.

Audi: Prom-goer in dad's Audi: Funny but forgettable.

Axe (Unilever): Girl goes for astronaut: I want to know who the girl is. She was HOT! Otherwise, commerical was fair.

Best Buy: Amy Poehler seeks help: Mildly funny, not the best.

Blackberry (RIM): Blackberry 10 phone: Pretty clever, nice effects. Decent showing.

Calvin Klein: Man vs. Machine: I don't get the "Man Vs. Machine" theme, but I'm sure all the women don't care. Ok commercial.

Cars.com: No stress car buying: Great! Wolf cub/Mama Wolf, hilarious.

Century 21: Groom faints at wedding: Eh. Nothing special. Forgettable

Chrysler: I don't know what Chrysler had.

Coca-Cola: Who gets to Coke oasis?: Amusing. Why was this controversial?

Doritos: First consumer ad winner: Weak year for Doritos. The Goat was decent. The men playing dress-up was funny.

Doritos: Second consumer ad winner

E-Trade: E-Trade baby returns: Boring. But I'm in the minority who always thought the E-Trade baby was stupid.

Gildan Activewear: Guy wants his t-shirt. Subtle and very funny.

GoDaddy: Model kisses geek: This made me nauseous. The sound effects of the kissing was disgusting.

GoDaddy: Danica Patrick is pilot 30: Not bad, but not good either.

Hyundai: Epic play date: Very creative. Decent commercial.

Hyundai: Boy takes on bullies: A couple funny moments, but overall was weak.

Hyundai: Sonata turbo passes: Best of the Hyundai's by far. I liked this one.

Kia: Where babies come from: Eh. Nothing interesting.

Kia: Robot woman gets tough: Weird. Not all that funny.

Lincoln (Ford): Wacky road trip: Nothing special.

M&Ms (Mars): M&Ms sing: A lot better than last year's commercial. Funny

Mercedes-Benz: Kate Upton: How much did Willem Dafoe make off of this? Even with Upton, not all that special.

Milk Processors Education Program: "The Rock" hunts for milk: Ok. Could've been better.

Mio (Kraft): Change is good: Tracy Morgan being obnoxious/himself. Boring.

National Football League: Players thank fans: I did not see this.

Oreo: Cookie debate: Hilarious! Maybe the best of the night.

Paramount Pictures: "Star Trek Into Darkness": Best of the movie previews. Can't wait for this.

Pepsi: Party with Pepsi Next: Stupid. Oh how Pepsi has fallen.

Pepsi: Halftime introduction: Didn't see it.

Samsung Mobile: Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd: Pretty good, but was far too long.

Skechers: Guy outruns cheetah: Eh. Nothing special.

SodaStream: Soda bottles explode: Pretty good.

Speed Stick: Guy folds panties: Silly, but amusing.

Subway: Jocks congratulate Jared: Forgettable.

Taco Bell: Seniors night out: Some funny moments, but did anyone see a Taco Bell in this commercial?

Tide (Procter & Gamble): Both teams featured: Very funny. But this should've been earlier in the broadcast.

Toyota: Kaley Cuoco grants wishes: Funny, but I felt bad for the father.

Universal Pictures: Fast & Furious 6 was the funniest preview of the night.

Volkswagen: Happy office worker: This was just weird.

Walt Disney "Iron Man 3": Good preview, but too short. Would've been nice to see the Mandarin.

Walt Disney: "Lone Ranger": Long preview. Pretty good. Now are more people excited to see this movie?

Walt Disney: "Oz": Didn't see anything new. Visually it looks impressive.

Wonderful Pistachios "Gagnam Style" star Psy: Stupid, which was probably the point.

Not listed: Dodge: Farmers: This was a very poignant commercial, and it might drum up controversy tomorrow. Very effective.

So I have to go with Oreo for the best commercial, just edging out Tide, Cars.com & Dodge. Honorable mention to Mars/M&M.

VW: that was "racist"?

Anyone offended?

People think that was racist? Some people need to get a life.

I thought the commercial was odd and not that funny, but I would hardly call it racist.

VW needs to go back to Star Wars.

The "God made a farmer" commercial was powerful...too bad it was just to plug a product, and not, say, a cause.

I thought all the commercials (beyond the farmer one) were pretty lame...like KD said, just the same stupid commercials we will be inundated with, excessively for the next year...why anyone gets excited about this is beyond me.

Will admit, the goat/Doritos commercial gave me a chuckle, as did the Galaxy commercial with Seth Rogan and Bob Odenkirk...

The Audi S5 commercial was all kinds of awesome and the best commerical in my opinion.

But they should have panned to the prom queen in the passenger seat with a naughty smile on her face as he was driving away.

Pulling up in the "principal" parking spot was a nice touch.

The Audi S5 commercial was all kinds of awesome and the best commerical in my opinion.

But they should have panned to the prom queen in the passenger seat with a naughty smile on her face as he was driving away.

Pulling up in the "principal" parking spot was a nice touch.

That was an S6 :P

My favorite analysis of that commercial:

It appears Audi would like you to know that “bravery wins,” or more specifically, #braverywins. That’s nice, except the automaker illustrates this with the yarn of a young man who goes to his prom night solo. He’s sheepish, but then Pops gives him the keys to his sharp-looking Audi, and by the time the kid hits the prom he’s feeling totally badass. Then he aggressively kisses the Prom Queen. Audi calls this bravery, though it kind of looks like assault. Maybe it’s a German thing. One day it’s batting its eyes at Poland, and the next thing you know it’s World War II.

http://sports.nation...-audi-and-more/

Edited by meazza

That was an S6 :P

My favorite analysis of that commercial:

[/size][/font][/color]

http://sports.nation...-audi-and-more/

Good catch...you're right that is an S6. B-)

I'm partial to the E92 M3 but Audi's high performance "S" lineup is sexy as ****.

Anyway, I enjoyed that analysis. The "assault" angle just makes the whole thing more baddass imo. :thumbsup:

Edited by Juror#8