Super Bowl Commercials

papazoid

Good catch...you're right that is an S6. B-)

I'm partial to the E92 M3 but Audi's high performance "S" lineup is sexy as ****.

Anyway, I enjoyed that analysis. The "assault" angle just makes the whole thing more baddass imo. :thumbsup:

Yep I'm a big fan boy of the Audi lineup as you can see if you read this thread :D

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/155465-outrun-by-a-station-wagon/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I'm a big fan boy of the Audi lineup as you can see if you read this thread :D

http://forums.twobil...-station-wagon/

I just posted a response in that thread.

Anyway, off topic but I never miss an opportunity to share this with an Audi fan boy:

http://www.autointhenews.com/bmw-vs-audi-billboard-wars-a-battle-of-ad-budgets/

dodge farmer commercial was #1 for me; followed by Jeep, #2; followed by the Audi at #3; followed by Taco Bell at #4..the rest were all "eh" (imo).

i also thought the godaddy one where the guy creates the web site and is on the plane w/patrick flying the plane was kinda funny, but not overwhelmingly special.

hyundai sonata turbo, followed by audi. liked the movie references in the coke ad but i didn't think it was executed all that well... "priscilla" was a strange movie to start with, changing drag queens into models is even wierder.

Edited by birdog1960

The 10 Most Popular Company Description Secs. Qtr. Score Anheuser-Busch Horse and trainer reunited 60 3 7.76 Tide Miracle Stain 60 4 7.75 RAM Farmers 120 4 7.43 Doritos Fashionista Dad 30 2 7.27 JEEP Families waiting 120 HT 7.20 Kia Space Babies 60 4 6.74 Doritos Goat 4 Sale 30 1 6.71 NFL Deion Sanders returns 60 3 6.68 Hyundai Kid assembles team 30 1 6.65 Audi Prom 60 1 6.64 The Rest Taco Bell Viva Young 60 2 6.55 Coke Security Camera 30 1 6.38 M&Ms Love ballad 30 1 6.34 Best Buy Asking Amy Poehler 30 1 6.23 VW Get Happy office guy 60 2 6.19 Skechers Cheetah race 30 2 6.16 (tie) Toyota Rav4 wish granted 60 1 6.16 (tie) NFL Thank you 30 HT 6.14 Mercedes-Benz Deal with the devil 60 4 6.11 Samsung Paul Rudd and Seth Rogan 120 4 6.06 Hyundai Passing obstacles 30 2 6.01 (tie) Anheuser-Busch Bud Light Voodoo 60 2 6.01 (tie) MILK The Rock running 30 2 5.98 Speed Stick Guy doing laundry 30 3 5.97 E*Trade Baby getting wealthy 30 3 5.93 Oreo Whispering in the library 30 1 5.88 Walt Disney "Iron Man 3" trailer 30 3 5.60 Wonderful Pistachios PSY Gangnam Style 30 3 5.58 Anheuser-Busch Bud Light lucky chair 60 3 5.55 Coke Mirage 60 2 5.54 Cars.com Puppy is a wolf 30 2 5.52 Kia Hot Bots 30 3 5.51 Walt Disney "Oz" trailer 30 1 5.48 Hyundai Epic play date 60 PK 5.42 SodaStream The effect of SodaStream 30 4 5.39 Paramount Pictures "Star Trek" trailer 30 2 5.4 Blackberry My new Blackberry 30 3 5.16 Universal Pictures Fast & Furious 6 trailer 60 1 5.11 Century 21 Wedding faints 30 3 4.98 (tie) Gildan Guy needs his t-shirt 30 3 4.98 (tie) Subway Jocks love Jared 30 2 4.86 Pepsi Next Parents like to party 30 1 4.81 GoDaddy.co Danica Patrick pilots plane 30 2 4.80 Lincoln MKZ Phoenix 30 2 4.66 Pepsi Halftime show countdown 30 HT 4.63 MiO Fit Tracy Morgan anthem 30 3 4.45 Axe Lifeguard 30 3 4.33 Lincoln Wacky road trip ends in marriage 30 3 4.19 Subway Jocks can’t say Februany 30 3 4.07 The Bottom 5 Calvin Klein Guy in underwear 30 2 3.88 Anheuser-Busch Black Crown party 30 1 3.73 Anheuser-Busch Beck’s Sapphire fish singing 30 3 3.66 Anheuser-Busch Black Crown “coronation” 30 1 3.64 GoDaddy.co Bar Refaeli make out 30 1 3.30

Edited by papazoid

godaddy.com is the ultimate worst...........i hate their commercials and the excessive slurping noises in that commercial is repulsive.

godaddy FYI I will never purchase any of your services and I hate you.

Makes everyone talk about them.

the Go Daddy "Bar Refaeli" kiss commercial, while finishing dead last for likeability......is actually one of the more "effective" ads.

social media is a buzz over it......and you tube video hits are high.....

btw:

• The geek. The chubby geek who seriously swaps tongues with supermodel Bar Refaeli, is still pinching himself. "It's everything I couldn't imagine when I signed up to be an actor," says Jesse Heiman, the 34-year-old character actor who plays the "romantic" lead in the Go Daddy kiss-o-rama. "It's crazy the things I get paid to do as an actor."

Consider: 18 seconds of the 30-second commercial are pure kiss.

Heiman actually was not even supposed to get the role. After a series of auditions, someone else was selected. But Bob Parsons, the founder of Go Daddy, wasn't sold on the guy who was cast.

So the auditions continued and Heiman, who is single and admits to never having had a serious girlfriend, was picked.

"It seemed a little too good to be true," he says, still giddy from his new-found fame despite previous appearances, mostly playing a nerd, in nearly 200 TV shows, films and commercials.

Sure, he says, he's kissed girls before — but never a supermodel, much less one who turned out to be a super kisser.

"She kissed amazingly soft and sweet," he says, with some embarrassment. "I'm going to hold all kissers to that standard — and it's going to be hard to beat."

But the commercial was hard work to film, he says. "It may sound dumb, but the day was exhausting," Heiman says. He says he lost exact count but that the kissing scene was reshot between 45 and 60 times.

"We started kissing in the morning," he says, "and continued after lunch." The scene took nearly six hours to shoot. "The director advised me at lunch not to eat anything with garlic."

He occasionally had to use mouthwash — and lip balm — between takes.

But it was worth it, he says. Even worth all the embarrassing auditions that he had to go through. One audition, in front of the casting crew, involved kissing a plastic, blow-up doll that, he says, was a Lindsay Lohan knockoff.

When he was called back for a second audition, he had to kiss an actual woman, Heiman says. "It's really weird to stand next to a stranger — and someone shouts, 'Action!' and you're suddenly kissing them."

Edited by papazoid

the Go Daddy "Bar Refaeli" kiss commercial, while finishing dead last for likeability......is actually one of the more "effective" ads.

social media is a buzz over it......and you tube video hits are high.....

btw:

• The geek. The chubby geek who seriously swaps tongues with supermodel Bar Refaeli, is still pinching himself. "It's everything I couldn't imagine when I signed up to be an actor," says Jesse Heiman, the 34-year-old character actor who plays the "romantic" lead in the Go Daddy kiss-o-rama. "It's crazy the things I get paid to do as an actor."

Consider: 18 seconds of the 30-second commercial are pure kiss.

Heiman actually was not even supposed to get the role. After a series of auditions, someone else was selected. But Bob Parsons, the founder of Go Daddy, wasn't sold on the guy who was cast.

So the auditions continued and Heiman, who is single and admits to never having had a serious girlfriend, was picked.

"It seemed a little too good to be true," he says, still giddy from his new-found fame despite previous appearances, mostly playing a nerd, in nearly 200 TV shows, films and commercials.

Sure, he says, he's kissed girls before — but never a supermodel, much less one who turned out to be a super kisser.

"She kissed amazingly soft and sweet," he says, with some embarrassment. "I'm going to hold all kissers to that standard — and it's going to be hard to beat."

But the commercial was hard work to film, he says. "It may sound dumb, but the day was exhausting," Heiman says. He says he lost exact count but that the kissing scene was reshot between 45 and 60 times.

"We started kissing in the morning," he says, "and continued after lunch." The scene took nearly six hours to shoot. "The director advised me at lunch not to eat anything with garlic."

He occasionally had to use mouthwash — and lip balm — between takes.

But it was worth it, he says. Even worth all the embarrassing auditions that he had to go through. One audition, in front of the casting crew, involved kissing a plastic, blow-up doll that, he says, was a Lindsay Lohan knockoff.

When he was called back for a second audition, he had to kiss an actual woman, Heiman says. "It's really weird to stand next to a stranger — and someone shouts, 'Action!' and you're suddenly kissing them."

To your point on the effectiveness of the ad:

@darrenrovell

GoDaddy says yesterday was the biggest sales day in company history. Yesterday alone scored more than 10,000 new customers.

Loved the Paul Harvey "Farmer Ad." for Dodge Pick-ups. Straight forward touch of Americana. Don't see enough stuff on TV that shows admiration and respect for eachother.

This was the only one where everybody at my party just shut up and listened. It was pretty amazing.