Can We Get Rid Of Aaron Williams Quick Enough?

BuffBill

I don't think this guy has made a play since he was drafted two years ago. He gets burned on almost every play that he is in on. And his Twitter rants are disrespectful to Bills Nation. See link:

http://www.trendingbuffalo.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-cb-tells-fans-to-know-your-role/

What is worse he was drafted right ahead of Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick? Good job Buddy.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point. Young players never improve. Once we cut him, we will also be given our 2nd round pick back as well. By the way, I love how respect is a one street. "Fans" were trashing the guy all season on Twitter. God forbid he isn't warm and fuzzy with Bills fans all the time.

By the way, I loved Kaepernick and wanted the Bills to draft him. But what's done is done. 3 former DBs on the Bills were starting for playoff teams. And I think Williams would be better suited as S, like the Pats did with McCourty.

with all due respect I believe we need to give the guy a bit of a break...he plays on the one of the worst defenses in the history of bills nation. if the bills blitz this next year I think we will all see a big difference in what our corners can do. he clearly has some potential but on a team with no identity defensively its tough on everyone. IMHO give us time to evaluate what we have when the scheme is better / working. with no blitzing the QB just sits and picks the open WR not too hard for the good QB's which we played last year.

with all due respect I believe we need to give the guy a bit of a break...he plays on the one of the worst defenses in the history of bills nation. if the bills blitz this next year I think we will all see a big difference in what our corners can do. he clearly has some potential but on a team with no identity defensively its tough on everyone. IMHO give us time to evaluate what we have when the scheme is better / working. with no blitzing the QB just sits and picks the open WR not too hard for the good QB's which we played last year.

Also, didn't he have a pretty solid rookie year? Defensive back might be the hardest physical position to play in the NFL. You breathe on a guy, it's a penalty. And it's all about confidence with them. Williams had none this year.

I can only imagine the BS that he is responding to -- especially given the rants I have read here.

To answer your question - No. The guy is young. On various plays where he has been "beaten," I have noticed that he was not physically beaten and/or he did not get the help over the top that one would have expected on the play. I also think that the new DC and approach to defense will help him and the other DBs.

It must stink for Williams as he is consistently barraged with "you suck" messages all day every day on twitter. A few things to note though for me is Spiller was never a bust (contrary to many bills fans beliefs). Even when he struggled there were flashes of big time ability sprinkled in.

Williams on the other hand up to this point, has no reason to talk big IMO. He's been nothing short of the worst CB in the league to this point. Theres time for him to turn it around at Safety IMO but AW how about you make a play before we hear your mouth?

It must stink for Williams as he is consistently barraged with "you suck" messages all day every day on twitter. A few things to note though for me is Spiller was never a bust (contrary to many bills fans beliefs). Even when he struggled there were flashes of big time ability sprinkled in.

Williams on the other hand up to this point, has no reason to talk big IMO. He's been nothing short of the worst CB in the league to this point. Theres time for him to turn it around at Safety IMO but AW how about you make a play before we hear your mouth?

Exactly, next time he feels like saying "Know Your Role" he might want to be looking into a mirror.