New gun control thread!

That has what to do with anything? They didn't use guns to carve him up. Stay on topic.

So somebody points out that UK has higher violent crime rate than US, you respond with Trayvon Martin, I respond with an incident of violent crime commited without a gun in a more "civilized" society. And I'm the one going off topic?

You're confusing staying on topic with straying from the narrative

Oh.............................how can I go on ?........................................lol

Sorry, you can play "my sources are better than yours" with someone else.

Oh.............................how can I go on ?........................................lol

Sorry, you can play "my sources are better than yours" with someone else.

um, not asking to compare sources, i'm asking that you compare relevant data. do you concede that this piece of propaganda making the rounds on the web is based on garbage data comparison?

um, not asking to compare sources, i'm asking that you compare relevant data. do you concede that this piece of propaganda making the rounds on the web is based on garbage data comparison?

So is most data and conclusions based on it - it's very easy to manipulate it to fit whatever conclusion you want to get to. The reality of the gun "debate" is guns aren't a problem in America unless you're heavily involved in the trafficking of illegal drugs or live in a neighborhood where that's one of the top "businesses".

So is most data and conclusions based on it - it's very easy to manipulate it to fit whatever conclusion you want to get to. The reality of the gun "debate" is guns aren't a problem in America unless you're heavily involved in the trafficking of illegal drugs or live in a neighborhood where that's one of the top "businesses".

most data is what? this was a bald face lie meant to deceive. it was cited here. no one questioned it here til this morning (in fact, several riffed on it). that's the point. show me an analogous situation cited by a progressive here. b man is becoming quite experienced at it and when his citations are shown to be bunk, he just ignores it.

most data is what? this was a bald face lie meant to deceive. it was cited here. no one questioned it here til this morning (in fact, several riffed on it). that's the point. show me an analogous situation cited by a progressive here. b man is becoming quite experienced at it and when his citations are shown to be bunk, he just ignores it.

All arguments constructed on a narrow set of statistics are lies.

Psst. Obama Stopped Talking About Gun Control.

By Jim Geraghty

Here is the entirety of what President Obama said about guns in his two appearances at events for Organizing for Action last night:

At the “OFA Dinner”:

Obviously, the scourge of gun violence is something that we still have to stay focused on.

At the “OFA Event”:

Nothing.

In those remarks, Obama mentioned the Great Recession, job creation, wage and income flatlining, college debt, health-care costs, immigration reform, climate change, Obamacare implementation, wildfires in Colorado . . . basically, almost every major issue except guns.

Until very recently, Organizing for Action’s fundraising e-mails emphasized the issue of gun control, again and again and again . . . and OFA had previously pledged to withhold support from four Senate Democrats who voted against the gun bill — Senators Mark Begich (Alaska), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), Mark Pryor (Ark.), and Max Baucus (Mont.).

Edited by B-Man