New gun control thread!

That's not how questions work. You've stated that you support their ban. You were asked what the ban would accomplish. It falls to you to explain to others why we should agree with you.

No, if you are against the ban then simply explain why, that's not so difficult. I mean unless you just can't think of anything

No, if you are against the ban then simply explain why, that's not so difficult. I mean unless you just can't think of anything

That's.... that's not how the burden of explaination works.

The person wishing to change the status quo must make a case as to why the rest of us should support his proposed changes.

You are the one who supports a change. It is up to you to explain why the change is necessary.

That's not so difficult, unless you just can't think of anything

That's.... that's not how the burden of explaination works.

The person wishing to change the status quo must make a case as to why the rest of us should support his proposed changes.

No. If you ask a question it falls upon the person asking to state their position first

You are the one who supports a change. It is up to you to explain why the change is necessary.

That's not so difficult, unless you just can't think of anything

It's too big and powerful of a weapon to allow the public to simply buy.

No. If you ask a question it falls upon the person asking to state their position first

I'm not sure you understand how the human tradition of communicating ideas works. When you advocate for change, you must explain to others why this change is good or necessary.

Source the positive outcomes banning this type of weaponry would bring about. I hadn't realized there was an epidemic of violent crimes being commited with .50 cal rifles. Can you source some hard data for me on this high cal crime wave? Also, how do you feel about the .308?

I apologize if this has already been posted but this will be interesting to see if Christie vetoes a ban on .50s. Ok, I'd love to own and shoot one, but they should be banned, imo. The NRA of course thinks these are fine

http://www.nraila.or...-signature.aspx

If you'd love to own and shoot one why should the government, or anyone, tell you you can't?

I'm not sure you understand how the human tradition of communicating ideas works. When you advocate for change, you must explain to others why this change is good or necessary.

Source the positive outcomes banning this type of weaponry would bring about. I hadn't realized there was an epidemic of violent crimes being commited with .50 cal rifles. Can you source some hard data for me on this high cal crime wave? Also, how do you feel about the .308?

Do you agree that some types of weapons should be banned? Or are they all ok?

If you'd love to own and shoot one why should the government, or anyone, tell you you can't?

You trust everyone else in society? I don't

I don't give a !@#$ about anyone else in society.

If you're afraid of other people and don't trust them why do you drive on the roads with all those really fast cars on it that could kill you in a second?

Oh and to give you my answer to your question to TYTT. They are all ok.

Do you agree that some types of weapons should be banned? Or are they all ok?

I'm willing to listen to any non-emotional argument, backed by hard data, in favor of directly causal change.

First, make a problem statement: tell us what is wrong, and explain why. Provide unfalsifiable data as to why what you consider a problem is a bad thing, and requires changing.

Next, lay out your comprehensive and direct solution to the problem. Provide unfalsifiable data as to how your solution directly solves the problem, and avoids or minimizes other mitigating or negative impacts.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I don't give a !@#$ about anyone else in society.

If you're afraid of other people and don't trust them why do you drive on the roads with all those really fast cars on it that could kill you in a second?

Oh and to give you my answer to your question to TYTT. They are all ok.

Stupid comparison. There are more restrictions on who can drive a car or truck than who can own a gun. There are more laws for cars, there are cops watching cars all the time. I mean, can't you give a serious response?

I'm willing to listen to any non-emotional argument, backed by hard data, in favor of directly causal change.

First, make a problem statement: tell us what is wrong, and explain why. Provide unfalsifiable data as to why what you consider a problem is a bad thing, and requires changing.

Next, lay out your comprehensive and direct solution to the problem. Provide unfalsifiable data as to how your solution directly solves the problem, and avoids or minimizes other mitigating or negative impacts.

What's stopping you? If you have something to prove, go ahead. Show some statistics that these cannons are safe and I'll read it, I promise. You are afraid to do anything but ask questions. At least Chef was able to attempt a comparison, you can't even try that

Edited by gatorman

What's stopping you? If you have something to prove, go ahead. Show some statistics that these cannons are safe and I'll read it, I promise. You are afraid to do anything but ask questions. At least Chef was able to attempt a comparison, you can't even try that

I'll repeat: that's not how the entire history of the human tradition of communicating ideas works. When you advocate for change, you must explain to others why this change is good or necessary.

You're the one advocating the change. The burden falls to you. This is an absolutely undisputed truth in all circles.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

And Michael Bloomberg says some soft drinks are too big and bad to allow the public to buy

Neither do I. That's why I support the right of individuals to take whatever measures they feel are appropriate to protect themselves from those they don't trust

There are more restrictions on who can drive a car or truck than who can own a gun. There are more laws for cars, there are cops watching cars all the time. I mean, can't you give a serious response?

The right to drive a car is not explicitly granted by the Bill of Rights.