New gun control thread!

Maybe it's my age and therefore lack of tastebuds - but I actually enjoy some Starbucks coffee. :blush:

However, in my defense I might add that it's my belief that most of the nimrods that line up to get their superfrackamochalatteexpressoohnowithadoubleshotofhazelnutsyrupandwhippedcreamontop would be better served going to a DairyQueen and getting their sweet gooey carbo rush there, because they're covering up the coffee with what amounts to a sundae. It's a Pepsi generation thang.

This is the best coffee. Have it everyday at work :D

http://http://www.lavazza.com/

http://www.benefitsp...aps-pr-benefits

I actually like their coffee, but I only like it black because I like to taste my coffee. They also treat their employees pretty well, evidenced by the recent news about the ACA and Starbucks reaction to the legislation.

The only other coffee I seek out and LOVE is Tim Hortons. Not nearly as strong, but just something about that **** is addicting.

As a nurse, I pretty much live on coffee.

We have a Tim Horton's about 30 yards from my office, I am still working on some sort of "pipe" system that they can pour out their "Twenty minute old" coffee directly into my cup................................

O.T.: I hope you're safe out there in Colorado B-Large, not too close to the flooding ?

We have a Tim Horton's about 30 yards from my office, I am still working on some sort of "pipe" system that they can pour out their "Twenty minute old" coffee directly into my cup................................

O.T.: I hope you're safe out there in Colorado B-Large, not too close to the flooding ?

TIM hortons is so good. Period. It's highly addictive.

I honestly cannot believe it hasn't spread to more markets in the US. the farthest I have found one was just outside columbus OH. ya, I stopped for one.

http://www.benefitsp...aps-pr-benefits

I actually like their coffee, but I only like it black because I like to taste my coffee. They also treat their employees pretty well, evidenced by the recent news about the ACA and Starbucks reaction to the legislation.

The only other coffee I seek out and LOVE is Tim Hortons. Not nearly as strong, but just something about that **** is addicting.

You like Starbucks and you drink it black?? I drink my coffee black and the only thing I can handle of theirs is the sugary, mocha, caramel, white chocolate, sugar bombs. Is this what your dinner looks like when you cook it?\

burned-food-pot.jpg

I don't understand why people actually buy that overpriced, bitter garbage. That is some terrible coffee.

Starbucks is like Apple products to me. There's this certain type of person who feels validated by expressing their exclusive love for something that isn't as good as they've been led to believe. I'm surprised by the number of people who won't drink coffee if it's not from Starbucks.

The upside to not feeling the need to ONLY drink Starbucks is how quickly I can get a cup of coffee at the airport.

Edited by LABillzFan

Starbucks is like Apple products to me. There's this certain type of person who feels validated by expressing their exclusive love for something that isn't as good as they've been led to believe. I'm surprised by the number of people who won't drink coffee if it's not from Starbucks.

The upside to not feeling the need to ONLY drink Starbucks is how quickly I can get a cup of coffee at the airport.

I think the apple analogy is perfect. I love granny smiths and I have no idea whey red delicious are even still grown.

One of the great travesties is that 20 minute old Horton's Joe gets dumped.... but I love their committment to quality and freshness... that pipeline idea of yours sounds like a job creator... better not push on that... lol

Thanks for the well wishes, B. We were fine in Denver proper, and we live on a hill in the City so no flooding, etc. But the people in Lyons, Longmont, Loveland... many of those people got messed up, houses washed away, car gone washed down stream... I am thinking about taking a week off work and voluteering for clean-up if the need arises.. which I assume it will... partly to help out fellow Coloradans, but also because it is 75 degrees, sunny and beautiful this time of year....

You like Starbucks and you drink it black?? I drink my coffee black and the only thing I can handle of theirs is the sugary, mocha, caramel, white chocolate, sugar bombs. Is this what your dinner looks like when you cook it?\

burned-food-pot.jpg

do you drink your coffee with a skirt and heels on too?

TIM hortons is so good. Period. It's highly addictive.

I honestly cannot believe it hasn't spread to more markets in the US. the farthest I have found one was just outside columbus OH. ya, I stopped for one.

I used to order TH coffee and have it sent to me in Denver... its not quite the same in my drip coffee maker, but once you break the seal on that can, its glory in my nostrils. I miss the roll up the rim thing too... ah, the good old days.

Edited by B-Large

So you're saying only real men drink coffee where the beans have been roasted beyond recongnition and the reason they roast them beyond recongnition is because they're buying the crappiest beans out there and if they didn't roast it beyond recognition it would be apparent to all involved that they are drinking coffee made with the world's crappiest beans? Well then, have at you stud muffin you.

I think the apple analogy is perfect. I love granny smiths and I have no idea whey red delicious are even still grown.

Red "Delicious" are anything but. That has to rank in the top ten pantheon of poor products foisted upon the public and continuously promoted as desirable.

So you're saying only real men drink coffee where the beans have been roasted beyond recongnition and the reason they roast them beyond recongnition is because they're buying the crappiest beans out there and if they didn't roast it beyond recognition it would be apparent to all involved that they are drinking coffee made with the world's crappiest beans? Well then, have at you stud muffin you.

So you have direct expereince/ evidence that they buy the worst raw products available? You're not just arguing to argue here, are you?

Red "Delicious" are anything but. That has to rank in the top ten pantheon of poor products foisted upon the public and continuously promoted as desirable.

The word mealy was invented to describe red delicious apples. And the term "this stuff tastes like ****! You expect me to pay $6 for a large (what the !@#$ is this Venti **** anway?) cup of this crapola!!" is well documented as first being spoken at a Starbucks in south Orange county in 1991.

So you have direct expereince/ evidence that they buy the worst raw products available? You're not just arguing to argue here, are you?

If they buy fantastic beans why are they roasting them to bring out the bitter flavor. Ever drink really....I meant REALLY good coffee?

The word mealy was invented to describe red delicious apples. And the term "this stuff tastes like ****! You expect me to pay $6 for a large (what the !@#$ is this Venti **** anway?) cup of this crapola!!" is well documented as first being spoken at a Starbucks in south Orange county in 1991.

If they buy fantastic beans why are they roasting them to bring out the bitter flavor. Ever drink really....I meant REALLY good coffee?

I assume they roast the Arabica beans to achieve the french/italian roast taste, which is a little more dry and acidic.. I personally like the bitterness of their coffee, I assume others do as well, thats why they sell so much of it.

to your point, yes, I have some freinds who buy green beens and roast their coffee right before they intend to drink it, and they prefer French Press because it preserves alot of that oily richness from the bean itself, which give it that smooth taste... I enjoy their coffee, it tastes like heaven in my yap... but I do have a desire for a tall cup of bitter SB coffee as well.

therefore, I can't refute your theory they buy crap beans, I know nothing of the growing process or their raw shipment orders. But I can also assume Peets and other shops purchase from the same suppliers since those supplies have to be able to deliver in sheer volume, and boutique growers who nurture the best of the of the best beens may not be able fill such large demand orders. Heres my final feeling. Starbucks buys inexpenseive beans because of volume, but I assume they hit certain quality measures... the distinction in taste is the desired roast time, which brings us to our disgreement about taste and desirability.

How in the !@#$ did we get on this tangent in a gun control thread?

I assume they roast the Arabica beans to achieve the french/italian roast taste, which is a little more dry and acidic.. I personally like the bitterness of their coffee, I assume others do as well, thats why they sell so much of it.

to your point, yes, I have some freinds who buy green beens and roast their coffee right before they intend to drink it, and they prefer French Press because it preserves alot of that oily richness from the bean itself, which give it that smooth taste... I enjoy their coffee, it tastes like heaven in my yap... but I do have a desire for a tall cup of bitter SB coffee as well.

therefore, I can't refute your theory they buy crap beans, I know nothing of the growing process or their raw shipment orders. But I can also assume Peets and other shops purchase from the same suppliers since those supplies have to be able to deliver in sheer volume, and boutique growers who nurture the best of the of the best beens may not be able fill such large demand orders. Heres my final feeling. Starbucks buys inexpenseive beans because of volume, but I assume they hit certain quality measures... the distinction in taste is the desired roast time, which brings us to our disgreement about taste and desirability.

Please delete the above highlighted comment from this thread.

Now back the conversation of this thread. I've just recently tried Peet's and it's nothing like Starbucks in the bitterness category. When I'm talking about good coffee I'm talking about coffee like Jamaica's Blue Mountain. We were staying at a nice hotel in Jamaica and they served that for room service. I think my wife had an accident when she took her first sip. :thumbsup:

I have direct knowledge of this. They buy the beans that Walmart won't.

One of the great travesties is that 20 minute old Horton's Joe gets dumped.... but I love their committment to quality and freshness... that pipeline idea of yours sounds like a job creator... better not push on that... lol

Thanks for the well wishes, B. We were fine in Denver proper, and we live on a hill in the City so no flooding, etc. But the people in Lyons, Longmont, Loveland... many of those people got messed up, houses washed away, car gone washed down stream... I am thinking about taking a week off work and voluteering for clean-up if the need arises.. which I assume it will... partly to help out fellow Coloradans, but also because it is 75 degrees, sunny and beautiful this time of year....

I used to order TH coffee and have it sent to me in Denver... its not quite the same in my drip coffee maker, but once you break the seal on that can, its glory in my nostrils. I miss the roll up the rim thing too... ah, the good old days.

Do they have Horton's in CO? I'm thinking of buying their stock and interested to know hear how they're being received in the US. They're at saturation in Canada, so I'm essentially betting on THI supplanting Dunkin, which is ****.

Do they have Horton's in CO? I'm thinking of buying their stock and interested to know hear how they're being received in the US. They're at saturation in Canada, so I'm essentially betting on THI supplanting Dunkin, which is ****.

No TimHo's in Colorado. Starbucks, Caribou, Peets and Dazbog are the big ones. I wonder if Horton's stays around places that have a large amount of Canadians... Honestly, I'd love to have one here, I'd be all over it.

No TimHo's in Colorado. Starbucks, Caribou, Peets and Dazbog are the big ones. I wonder if Horton's stays around places that have a large amount of Canadians... Honestly, I'd love to have one here, I'd be all over it.

They're expanding pretty slowly into the states, starting in the Northeast. Michigan, New York and New England area, states bordering Canada.

They are everywhere like cockroaches. !@#$ em.

Trading at 20x earnings as compared to ~40x for DNKN. THI's ratios look solid compared to DNKN and other chain concepts. And their food is edible unlike DNKN.

My only concern is that the Canadian market is as saturation and no one in the states gives a **** that Tim Horton played 24 years of NHL hockey. There's no sentimental value for THI's brand here, and me making money on this bet depends on THI penetrating US markets, hot, fast, dry, hard and deep.

How many shares can I sign you up for?

This is the best coffee. Have it everyday at work :D

http://www.lavazza.com/

Yes, I've had that. We used to have that at my work, but they changed to Green Mountain, and Starbucks. :bag:

:w00t::lol:

Please delete the above highlighted comment from this thread.

Now back the conversation of this thread. I've just recently tried Peet's and it's nothing like Starbucks in the bitterness category. When I'm talking about good coffee I'm talking about coffee like Jamaica's Blue Mountain. We were staying at a nice hotel in Jamaica and they served that for room service. I think my wife had an accident when she took her first sip. :thumbsup:

Yes! What the hell's wrong with him anyway? TSW here we come!

I've had Peet's coffee and it is quite good. A friend gave us a full pound of Blue Mountain. We took our time with it, like you would on a date with a gorgeous babe.