Senior Bowl Practice & Game Thread

Bangarang

Day 1 of Senior Bowl practice is a few hours away and I figured this will be a good place to discuss what we see.

Coverage starts at 4pm on NFL Network.

QBs Participating:

North: Zac Dysert

Mike Glennon

Ryan Nassib

South: Landry Jones

EJ Manuel

Tyler WIlson

I only listed QBs because that's all I care about at this point and don't really know who to watch for in terms of LBs or WRs. If others know more about who to watch for regarding other positions, feel free to add them here.

Here are the results for the weigh in including all the QBs:

http://www.nepatriot...in-results.html

Edited by Bangarang

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the DL and LB's:

North:

99 Michael Buchanan DL 6'5" 240 Illinois 96 Margus Hunt DL 6'7" 280 SMU 57 Datone Jones DL 6'4" 275 UCLA 80 Alex Okafor DL 6'5" 265 Texas 97 Jordan Hill DL 6'1" 292 Penn State 93 Kawann Short DL 6'3" 315 Purdue 66 Brandon Williams DL 6'3" 325 Missouri Southern 92 Sylvester Williams DL 6'3" 320 North Carolina 43 Steve Beauharnais LB 6'2" 230 Rutgers 44 Arthur Brown LB 6'1" 228 Kansas State 20 Khaseem Greene LB 6'1" 230 Rutgers 48 Kevin Reddick LB 6'2" 240 North Carolina 54 John Simon LB 6'2" 263 Ohio State 46 Trevardo Williams LB 6'2" 233 Connecticut

South:

47 Ezekial Ansah DL 6'5" 270 Brigham Young 93 Everett Dawkins DL 6'2" 304 Florida State 89 Lavar Edwards DL 6'5" 258 LSU 97 Malliciah Goodman DL 6'4" 270 Clemson 46 Corey Grissom DL 6'2" 316 South Florida 54 Montori Hughes DL 6'4" 327 Tennessee-Martin 6 John Jenkins DL 6'3" 358 Georgia 83 Cornelius Washington DL 6'4" 268 Georgia 8 Jamie Collins LB 6'1" 228 Southern Miss 25 Zaviar Gooden LB 6'2" 230 Missouri 35 Nico Johnson LB 6'2" 245 Alabama 10 Sean Porter LB 6'2" 230 Texas A&M 44 Chase Thomas LB 6'4" 248 Stanford 1 Vince Williams LB 6'1" 250 Florida State

Cool. a good site with reports in the past has been footballsfuture.com. They also have good stuff come combine time.

My top three QBs are all on the north roster. lots of other good players too.

Anyone know if practices are televised at all?

Good thread...I'm going out on a limb that there will be 2 huge risers coming out of this week:

Ezekial "Ziggy" Ansah - DE/BYU

D.J. Fluker - OT/Arkansas

It's going to be tough to evaluate anything on the QBs since it's all in a practice-style setting, but going into the week, the guy I like most is Wilson. Usually the easiest to evaluate are the OLmen, as they do a lot of 1-on-1 drills and pass-blocking technique work. Also, RBs tend to stick out a bit more than any skill-position players, but I've seen some WRs (i.e. Dwayne Bowe) shoot up draft boards this week as well.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/01/21/arkansas-qb-likes-jim-kelly-comparison/

ESPN Draft Guru Mel Kiper made waves last week, when he compared Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson to Bills Hall of Famer Jim Kelly.

“We all remember Jim Kelly when he came out of Miami he was recruited as a linebacker at Penn State,” Kiper said. “(Wilson) is a guy with an NFL arm and tremendous toughness. Under the previous coaching staff and with the talent around him, remember they lost their top three receivers from the prior year you expected this year to be a tough go and then he had an injury early on.”

We had a chance to talk with Wilson today at the Senior Bowl, and asked him about Kiper’s comparison.

“I heard that in the past week,” Wilson said. “Obviously, those are pretty good words. I got to go out and prove it this week and have a good week. That’s exciting though.”

Margus Hunt and Chase Thomas = BEASTS. Kevin Reddick and John jenkins = Fool's Gold

http://blogs.buffalo...lly-comparison/

ESPN Draft Guru Mel Kiper made waves last week, when he compared Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson to Bills Hall of Famer Jim Kelly.

“We all remember Jim Kelly when he came out of Miami he was recruited as a linebacker at Penn State,” Kiper said. “(Wilson) is a guy with an NFL arm and tremendous toughness. Under the previous coaching staff and with the talent around him, remember they lost their top three receivers from the prior year you expected this year to be a tough go and then he had an injury early on.”

We had a chance to talk with Wilson today at the Senior Bowl, and asked him about Kiper’s comparison.

“I heard that in the past week,” Wilson said. “Obviously, those are pretty good words. I got to go out and prove it this week and have a good week. That’s exciting though.”

Take him @ #8 and I will be last guy complaining but please let me help Fitz clean out his locker. Can't have one w/o the other. Unless you've got a trading partner at the end of round 1 just take him.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Nassib just had an under thrown deep ball that would have gone for 6.

Receiver beat his man off the line badly and had to stop and wait for the ball allowing the DB to recover and knock it away at the goal line.

Edited by Bangarang

Nassib just had an under thrown deep ball that would have gone for 6.

Receiver beat his man off the line badly and had to stop and wait for the ball allowing the DB to recover and knock it away at the goal line.

Git'r'done, Buddy!!!

On the telecast, Mike Mayock just said he's watched Nassib play for years (apparently played ball with his son) and compared Nassib to Andy Dalton. Very good but not great arm, extremely smart and great competitor. Example given was Nassib's game vs. superior competitiion (USC).

Didn't realize Glennon is 6'7". He just threw a bad pick.

Mayock also said he doesn't understand why there's not more buzz around Zack Dysert. LIkes him a lot.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

I'm glad to see Tyler Wilson measured well. I heard reports that we was closer to 6'1 instead of 6'3.

Tyler Wilson has very small hands (8 5/8"), compared to EJ Manuel (10 1/8"), Ryan Nassib (10"), Glennon (9 3/8") and Jones (9").

Teams want a guy whose hand measures at least 9 1/2 inches from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger.

As an example, Russell Wilson's hands (10 1/4") give him the ability to really spin the ball, despite his height disadvantage.

Edited by Lurker

Tyler Wilson has very small hands (8 5/8"), compared to EJ Manuel (10 1/8"), Ryan Nassib (10"), Glennon (9 3/8") and Jones (9"). Teams want a guy whose hand measures at least 9 1/2 inches from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger...

Yeah I went back to look at the measurements and he does have tiny hands. Not what you want to see at all but it isn't the end all be all.

I really hope they show more of the QBS because they didn't show a ton today.

Any word on who the Bills sent there. Hopefully not Nix. He thinks QBs are imaginary as...

Nix and Marrone were seen there today. I heard Whaley say that he was going there. I imagine a few of their normal college scouts are there, too, as there are no other games or players to be scouting.