Senior Bowl Practice & Game Thread

Bangarang

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The QB play wasn't pretty. Nassib was entirely unimpressive and I can't imagine anyone objectively thinking he's a top 10 draft pick off today's game. :thumbdown:

The Bills need to bail out of that Pick at #8...I'd be more than happy to see them get an extra 2nd and grab one of these QB's within their first 3 Picks...If The Bills could Draft a LB, QB, and another position (WR, CB?) in the first two Rounds I'd be very happy...I'm ignoring the fact that I don't have any confidence in Buddy... :unsure:

From what I've seen with my own two eyes so far, and watched on Youtube, I still like Geno best...Then it looks to me like Manuel has the most upside after that...I'm sure the Combine and the Workouts will give a better picture overall...But all of these QB's have some pretty major learning curves to tackle...I can see each of them finding the right situation to at least be OK...And I can see each one of them flaming out in the wrong situation...It's a tough year...And all I can say is no matter who The Bills pick, it's going to be on Maronne and Hackett from there on...We'll see... B-)

One thing became increasingly obviously to me after watching today's game. IMO...none of the 6 QB's we watched today are ever remotely worth spending the #8 overall pick on. I feel strongly that 5 of these 6 guys will likely be around when we pick in the 2nd round (I think Glennon will go somewhere in the mid-late 1st based purely on potential). Very discouraging watching today's game.

I read he was down to 235. That is alarming

Somewhat leaner than I'd prefer, no question, but still a freak of an athlete.

My sleeper at DE is really SMU's Margus Hunt... -6'8"... 277lbs... 4.7 40 yd dash! -Now that's freaky my freinds.

My sleeper at DE is really SMU's Margus Hunt... -6'8"... 277lbs... 4.7 40 yd dash! -Now that's freaky my freinds.

I've started two threads on Hunt because of his potential, but he just doesn't have it.

I like Kwan Short, Datone Jones, Drandon Williams for D-line

LB Vince Williams is a Hammer!!!

(and Ziggy Ansah, that kid has twitch)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I've started two threads on Hunt because of his potential, but he just doesn't have it.

I like Kwan Short, Datone Jones, Drandon Williams for D-line

LB Vince Williams is a Hammer!!!

(and Ziggy Ansah, that kid has twitch)

LOL! -This why putting a mock together this year is gonna be hard!

Respectfully disagree on Hunt. -If this guy gets taught a little technique.... Fughettaboutit. Gimme a guy from less-than ideal circumstances that had to adapt, and earn his keep, ANY DAY over some of these hype-monsters. I'd SAVE a spot for a worker like Hunt on my roster.

LOL! -This why putting a mock together this year is gonna be hard!

Respectfully disagree on Hunt. -If this guy gets taught a little technique.... Fughettaboutit. Gimme a guy from less-than ideal circumstances that had to adapt, and earn his keep, ANY DAY over some of these hype-monsters. I'd SAVE a spot for a worker like Hunt on my roster.

Maybe but he has A LOT of work to do.

Could be a Von miller clone though. Who knows.

Dion Jordan is 6'7" tall. He doesn't resemble Von Miller.

If anything, he's an Aldon Smith type player.

Well for one thing, Hunt isn't a sleeper.

Well for one thing, Hunt isn't a sleeper.

I expect much of the interest surrounding him to cool down before th draft. He should have a good combine, but I expect some scouts will shy away due to his limited experience with the game.

Edited by #34fan

Personally I wouldn't draft Nassib till the 3rd, Smith in the first (if available) Glennen in the 2nd, nassib/Wilson in the third. Sign Alex Smith or another stop gap. The talent of this draft are on the lines and a little in the linebackers. Don't reach it will put us further behind.

Good post 26CB. Although I'd like to have seen the incompletions. Were they WR drops, good defensive plays, bad throws due to pressure? But your point is well taken and makes me feel a little better about this year's QB's.

Edited by UpperDeck

Good post 26CB. Although I'd like to have seen the incompletions. Were they WR drops, good defensive plays, bad throws due to pressure? But your point is well taken and makes me feel a little better about this year's QB's.

No, he looked very bad. He made three very bad plays overall out of 11 pass attempts and no good ones, outside of a third and nine completion for a first that was more of a good catch than throw. He threw a terrible INT into triple coverage (although it was 3rd and 15 and there was both a bad snap and a rush), he missed a wide open TE over the middle for no reason on an easy pass, and he fumbled when hit for a massive loss, which looked careless in the pocket and with the ball.

He was rushed and forced out of the pocket a lot though, in his defense. But it's a pretty slim defense.

Not a good showing whatsoever. But a small sampling, and the 26CB post right above is probably the most important post in this whole evaluation. Nassib seemed to have a good practice week but not great, too. Probably second or third of the six.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

No, he looked very bad. He made three very bad plays overall out of 11 pass attempts and no good ones, outside of a third and nine completion for a first that was more of a good catch than throw. He threw a terrible INT into triple coverage (although it was 3rd and 15 and there was both a bad snap and a rush), he missed a wide open TE over the middle for no reason on an easy pass, and he fumbled when hit for a massive loss, which looked careless in the pocket and with the ball.

He was rushed and forced out of the pocket a lot though, in his defense. But it's a pretty slim defense.

Not a good showing whatsoever. But a small sampling, and the 26CB post right above is probably the most important post in this whole evaluation. Nassib seemed to have a good practice week but not great, too. Probably second or third of the six.

I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a QB who had a worse Senior Bowl than Nassib in the history of the game.

I know a lot of people here got attached to the dream of Marrone and Nassib saving this franchise. But consider what the odds would be of finding your franchises next great head coach and your next great franchise QB all on the same Big East Syracuse college football team and all in the same year no less. I found the prospect of drafting Nassib because we have his head coach kind of weird and creepy.

We already have the fully "maxed out" Ryan Nassib QB talent level on this team and his name is Ryan Fitzpatrick. Their styles are VERY similar. If I were the Bills I wouldn't draft him until the 5th round when it no longer looks like we're helping out Marrone's kid and not doing what's in the best interests of the franchise. I can't imagine anyone seeing that game and thinking they still want him in round 2.

I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a QB who had a worse Senior Bowl than Nassib in the history of the game.

I know a lot of people here got attached to the dream of Marrone and Nassib saving this franchise. But consider what the odds would be of finding your franchises next great head coach and your next great franchise QB all on the same Big East Syracuse college football team and all in the same year no less. I found the prospect of drafting Nassib because we have his head coach kind of weird and creepy.

We already have the fully "maxed out" Ryan Nassib QB talent level on this team and his name is Ryan Fitzpatrick. Their styles are VERY similar. If I were the Bills I wouldn't draft him until the 5th round when it no longer looks like we're helping out Marrone's kid and not doing what's in the best interests of the franchise. I can't imagine anyone seeing that game and thinking they still want him in round 2.

Nassib probably has a higher ceiling and a better arm right now but Fitz's knowledge of the game is probably an equalizer, and really, you don't want the equal of Fitz, you want someone much better.

Nassib probably has a higher ceiling and a better arm right now but Fitz's knowledge of the game is probably an equalizer, and really, you don't want the equal of Fitz, you want someone much better.

After watching the game, I don't see how anyone could reason that Nassib has a higher ceiling than Fitzpatrick and that he could outperform his 23, 24 and 24 TDs thrown in the last three years. If he does in fact have a higher ceiling, it won't be anywhere near the first three years of his career.

After watching the game, I don't see how anyone could reason that Nassib has a higher ceiling than Fitzpatrick and that he could outperform his 23, 24 and 24 TDs thrown in the last three years. If he does in fact have a higher ceiling, it won't be anywhere near the first three years of his career.

I simply mean that Fitz has maxxed out his potential and that Nassib's is an unknown quantity. I want no part of Nassib in round one. But one game is only one game.

I simply mean that Fitz has maxxed out his potential and that Nassib's is an unknown quantity. I want no part of Nassib in round one. But one game is only one game.

I wouldn't mind taking Nassib, or Wilson, or Jones, or Manuel, etc in the 2nd round. I wouldn't want ANY of those with the 1st/8th pick

I've seen about 20 of Nassib's games, and trust me, he doesn't get much better at all.

He seems less lousy than he is because he played in the Big East where the expectations aren't high for QB's. And he looks good to you because we've had crap at QB for a while, and Nassib is a local, available, product.

But the fact is, he has severely limited mobility, mediocre arm strength, and simply can't make alot of the throws.

This kid is a solid 4th rounder. -And that's being generous. If not for a few desperate GM's trying to go back in time, we're talking 6th rd-UDFA for this kind of talent.

Edited by #34fan

I've seen about 20 of Nassib's games, and trust me, he doesn't get much better at all.

He seems less lousy than he is because he played in the Big East where the expectations aren't high for QB's. And he looks good to you because we've had crap at QB for a while, and Nassib is a local, available, product.

But the fact is, he has severely limited mobility, mediocre arm strength, and simply can't make alot of the throws.

This kid is a solid 4th rounder. -And that's being generous. If not for a few desperate GM's trying to go back in time, we're talking 6th rd-UDFA for this kind of talent.

I'm not in love with Nassib, but "severely limited mobility," "mediocre arm strength?" I agree that he has accuracy issues, and tends to float his deep balls too much, but the kid has plenty of arm strength. One of his strengths, IMO, is his ability to throw on the run. Severely limited mobility? Makes me think you haven't watched any of his games.

I'd take him in the 3rd if he were there....maybe a trade up to late 2nd.