Tom Brady's Sissy Kick

That is far from acceptable as a QB slide and further proves that the Pats (Brady) get the benefit of most calls...

The worst part to me is that Simms immediately passed it off as Tom "protecting himself" by getting that leg up into Ed Reed's knee.

so glad that poor clock mgmt cost them a possible TD there.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a) thats horrible. as much as ive hated having him in the division hes probably the best ever. ive never respected him though, due to his primadonna attitude and behavior. things like that pretty much cement that selfish whining kitty reputation

3) wtf is wrong with you people? unsportsmanlike conduct was the easy call. did someone pump bong hits into this forum?

GTFO, with your common sense and all....

That is far from acceptable as a QB slide and further proves that the Pats (Brady) get the benefit of most calls...

The worst part to me is that Simms immediately passed it off as Tom "protecting himself" by getting that leg up into Ed Reed's knee.

so glad that poor clock mgmt cost them a possible TD there.

Simms was sickening in his commentary right down the the final interception which he blamed on the receiver.

I take solace in the fact that the 2 main reasons the pats lost yesterday were: brady, welker in that order.

Simms was sickening in his commentary right down the the final interception which he blamed on the receiver.

I take solace in the fact that the 2 main reasons the pats lost yesterday were: brady, welker in that order.

I cannot wait to read the Boston spin this morning. Especially being closed off in the locker rooms...

a) thats horrible. as much as ive hated having him in the division hes probably the best ever. ive never respected him though, due to his primadonna attitude and behavior. things like that pretty much cement that selfish whining kitty reputation

3) wtf is wrong with you people? unsportsmanlike conduct was the easy call. did someone pump bong hits into this forum?

wait, did I miss bong hits?!?!

Article 16: Illegal Cut Block. See Rule 8, Section 4, Article 5. Section 3 Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Article 1: Prohibited Acts. There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

(a) Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.

(b) Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.

© Using baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.

(d) Prolonged or excessive celebrations or demonstrations by an individual player. Players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground. A celebration or demonstration shall be deemed excessive or prolonged if a player continues to celebrate or demonstrate after a warning from an official.

(e) Two or more players engaging in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations or demonstrations.

(f) Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform during the game on the field or the sideline, or using the ball as a prop.

(g) Unnecessary physical contact with a game official.

(h) Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player.

Exceptions: It is not a foul if:

I. a timeout has been called for reasons of injury, television break, or charged team timeout; or

II. it is between periods.

Note 1: Under no condition is an official to allow a player to shove, push, or strike him in an offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike manner. Any such action must be reported to the Commissioner.

OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 70

From the NFL rule book. I believe section a. makes it pretty clear.

I laugh thinking about all the hysteria here when someone suggested the Bills take a shot at Brady, cheap or not. This play shows exactly what he thinks about cheap shots and what he's willing to do on the field. If he was a 270 LB he'd be putting guys on IR left and right.

It's blatantly clear Brady tried to kick Reed, twice. That is also clearly an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The league/Goodell SHOULD fine him. I think it's probably 50-50 whether they do or not, Professional sports league protect star players. No surprise.

Protecting the player in the game is one thing, protecting them from a fine is another. They have made it clear you can't touch Brady on the field but if they let this slide they are really making themselves look bad.

KW was fined for brushing Brady's leg and no flag was thrown on the play. I think the same should apply here regardless of whether he's a star or not.

Edited by The Wiz

I don't see the difference between this and what Suh did against that GB olineman. He chose to raise the leg up with no other intent than to hurt reed.

I loved seeing the looks on brady's face pretty much the fourth quarter, and especially after he threw the one pick. I could see in his mind "that couldn't have happened to me, I'm Tom Brady". I'm glad the pats* continue to prove they can't win the super bowl without cheating.

like i heard on TV this am. if this was Mr. Suh in Detroit he would be in Goodell's office and possibly suspended for game or so with huge fine.

Goodell do your job.......time to fine Mr. Brady for that girly kick move........coulda really hurt Reed.

Goodell you stink by the way......I expect no punishment.

Protecting the player in the game is one thing, protecting them from a fine is another. They have made it clear you can't touch Brady on the field but if they let this slide they are really making themselves look bad.

KW was fined for brushing Brady's leg and no flag was thrown on the play. I think the same should apply here regardless of whether he's a star or not.

I don't think it's right or fair or should be done; just stating a fact.

I've said this before but this is another in an endless series of things I blame on Michael Jordan (although it wasn't his fault). Before Jordan, officials and leagues used to give star players the benefit of the doubt. If something was remotely close, they would give the star the call. There were exceptions, like Wilt Chamberlain never fouling out of a game, because officials wouldn't call that last foul. But for the most part stars just got the call whenever it was close. When Jordan became a superstar, officials started giving him pretty much every call, not just the close ones. It extended to Shaq, and then soon other players. And the NFL started doing it too. Obviously, it's not 100% but it's blatant. This is what happened with Brady and probably why he will not be fined. It was so obvious they may have to though, especially because the Patsies lost.

I know I know ... seems like unsportmanlike conduct, but you are right, not technically a penalty.

Unsportsmanlike conduct is a non contact penalty. If contact is involved it becomes a personal foul and it definitely is a penalty.

wow, that kick was no different than what Suh did on Thanksgiving and he got destroyed in the media for days. Suh was just trying to apply a kick to the groin, this was a blatant shot at a planted knee. I hope he dousn't get away with this without media scrutiny.

The problem is, Suh wasn't fined (EDIT: I was wrong...see future posts). It was absolutely disgraceful that he wasn't, as it's crystal clear on the replay that he kicked his foot out at the last second to hit Schaub. Same goes here for Brady. There is no doubt at all watching that replay of the intent to kick Reed. In this case, the momentum of both Brady and Reed could have caused this kick to end much worse than the Suh kick.

Edited by Faustus

Kicking or kneeing an opponent is prohibited by all players (even Tom Brady) and punishable by a loss of 15 yards.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_2012_Player_Conduct.pdf

Article 11 (found on page 8 of the link)

By definition is a slide with the foot up fall under the definition of a kick? I'm not denying it was a cheap move but not sure the refs missed a call there.

The problem is, Suh wasn't fined. It was absolutely disgraceful that he wasn't, as it's crystal clear on the replay that he kicked his foot out at the last second to hit Schaub. Same goes here for Brady. There is no doubt at all watching that replay of the intent to kick Reed. In this case, the momentum of both Brady and Reed could have caused this kick to end much worse than the Suh kick.

He was fined. The major difference in these will be Brady's leg staying straight and suh extending his into a target (kick)