Is the Patriots Dynasty Tarnished?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their off season just started. Within a very short period the Bills with their new QB_______ ________.

Will be the paper favorite to win the division yet again next year.

I hate the pats* however their accomplishments are undeniable unless your a conspiracy theorist.

Hard not to enjoy the hooded one walking off in defeat though. Screw Em.

They will be remembered as a dominant powerhouse offense and multiple SB winners. Then it will be noted that they never won the big game without advance knowledge of the other team's plays that they illegally obtained. Their run is over. All of their aborted runs to the title since Spygate came at the hands of superior defenses the Brady couldn't beat.

Is this one of the 10-12 threads started about the Pats* cheating? Because I am gonna be like Krakatoa and blow... Not not really, just kidding!

Consider, thd Pats* have not won it all since they were caught egregiously cheating... Yes, the image gets tarnished more with every big game loss!

There is a God and he believes in truth...

Is this one of the 10-12 threads started about the Pats* cheating? Because I am gonna be like Krakatoa and blow... Not not really, just kidding!

Consider, thd Pats* have not won it all since they were caught egregiously cheating... Yes, the image gets tarnished more with every big game loss!

There is a God and he believes in truth...

+1

They have not WON the Super Bowl since February 2005.

The Steelers and Giants have both won twice since then.

and they won their 3 bowls by a TOTAL of 9 points.

they were great , but they're no Steeler or 49'rs

Not long ago, the *Pats seemed to have one of the all-time great dynasties of all-time. Since then, they posted a perfect regular season, only to lose in the SB. Got caught in the spygate scandal. Lost another SB to the Giants and now have lost the AFC title game at home to the Ravens.

How do you think history will judge the Belichick/Brady era? Will they win another SB?

Discuss...

I don't think they are tarnished one bit. They still won 3 Super Bowls and something like 10-11 AFC Eash Divison crown and 6 AFC Championships. All dynasties come to an end with a Thud and may be this is the beginning of the end of that era for the Patriots

Please remember how Kelly ended his career (On the hard cold turf of RWS)

Edited by ganesh

Not long ago, the *Pats seemed to have one of the all-time great dynasties of all-time. Since then, they posted a perfect regular season, only to lose in the SB. Got caught in the spygate scandal. Lost another SB to the Giants and now have lost the AFC title game at home to the Ravens.

How do you think history will judge the Belichick/Brady era? Will they win another SB?

Discuss...

They won three Super Bowls by the skin of their teeth of the foot of Adam Vinateri. Since he left for Indi, the team has been a bride's maid. Brady's magic fails in the Super Bowl as evidenced by winning on FGs and now his work.

Steelers of the 70s, 49ers of the 80s, Cowboys of the 90s and Broncos of the 90s all won with their QB, not their PK. I view the Pats the same way as I view the Braves of 14 straight division titles and one World Series: Great regular season, passable postseason.

Their defense continues to let them down.

They were held to 13 points.

The reason they are a dynasty, and one of the best ever, is the same reason that the Dallas Cowboys were a dynasty from the late 1960s to the early 1980s when they were 12-2, 11-2-1, 10-4, 8-6, 10-4, 11-3, 12-2, 12-4, 11-5, 12-4, 12-4... pretty much every single year, they were the team to beat, most years some team rose above and beat them, and usually then went back down for a year or two or forever. But they were always at the top, for a ridiculous amount of years.

The AFC East has been a given. That's 5-6 wins easssssy every year all those years.

When you're the *Pats, success is measured by SB's.....again......nuthin'.

Between this, and your last comment about the AFCE being gimmes.... There's a certain degree of self loathing in being a bills fan for you, eh?

By your standards we've been unsuccessful at best and seemingly pathetic most of the time by your own measure.

It would suck to have success measured only by Super Bowl wins.

And I'd venture if your successful enough to believe that, it would be the definition of one of the best ever, no?

That is just complete and utter nonsense. Both the Jets and Dolphins had numerous 9-10-11 win seasons in the last 11 years since the Patriots started their run.

Heck, drop the 2 losses to the pats and we were typically a .500 team otherwise even. It's been a good division.