Is the Patriots Dynasty Tarnished?

If it didn't help, then why would they bother breaking the rules to do it?

Because there are 30 different things that a great coach like Bellichick does that he thinks may give him the tiniest advantage in the NFL which is notoriously a game of inches and where 1-2 plays can mean the difference between winning and losing. There is no question in my mind he thought it may give him a slight advantage. Otherwise there is no way he would do it.

But there is little evidence or even theory as to being a significant, let alone the major or even sole reason they won, which is the way a lot of people act. That is insane. There hasn't even been any reason I have heard that is believable about how it helped them in the middle of a game. I think it is absolutely preposterous to believe in the middle of a play call and the ball being snapped Brady was told what the defense was going to be in his helmet and altered his call or play. People act like he knew every call and every defense and changed his play because of it and the Patriots succeeded because of it. Their offense and Brady himself wasn't even all that great his first couple three years.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it didn't help, then why would they bother breaking the rules to do it?

Did speeding on your way to work save you any significant time? Or did you end up catching the same lights and traffic anyway? Did it help you accomplish anything of note for the risk of the ticket?

It might've been helpful to them, it might've been nothing other times.

Not long ago, the *Pats seemed to have one of the all-time great dynasties of all-time. Since then, they posted a perfect regular season, only to lose in the SB. Got caught in the spygate scandal. Lost another SB to the Giants and now have lost the AFC title game at home to the Ravens.

How do you think history will judge the Belichick/Brady era? Will they win another SB?

Discuss...

Like Ray Lewis only the good will be remembered.

Asterisk will be in very small print, never mentioned when talking about successes and any time mentioned will be called 'jealousy' by ball lickers.

Pats dynasty is indeed crumbling out from under their feet!

Umm... they were the second seed in the AFC and just played in the AFC Championship game. A tad less dominant perhaps but premature to call it 'crumbling'.

Like Ray Lewis only the good will be remembered.

Asterisk will be in very small print, never mentioned when talking about successes and any time mentioned will be called 'jealousy' by ball lickers.

Perhaps you were being sarcastic. But Pats* and the Lewis situation is quite unlike. Pats* were accused of cheating and Lewis of a lot worse.

And if you were not sarcastic, huge scandals can indeed taint a person's reputation as in the case of Ben Johnson, Lance Armstrong etc.

To make a the AFC championship game is a significant accomplishment, being all those Super Bowls is even greater. They did it with 2 constants...Brady and Belichick. I don't like either one but begrudingly respect the amount of victories they have attained. I thinkthey will go down aa being very good but no where near a dynasty. Losses in big games, cheating, poor sportsmanship in victory and defeat have all tarnished the legacy.

Edited by Nitro

i just dont think they demonstrate being a great organization. they dont draft particularly well, they piss off their own players, and they certainly arent a classy organization

i honestly only see one thing theyve done well, make the best sixth round pick in history. bradys a complete dick but hes the best ever, and THATS pretty much the entire reason theyve been good for so long

the point about tuna is valid i suppose, but hes one of the few really great coaches, another total dick but a great coach, and they just happened to have him at the time. doesnt mean they were a great organization

Not long ago, the *Pats seemed to have one of the all-time great dynasties of all-time. Since then, they posted a perfect regular season, only to lose in the SB. Got caught in the spygate scandal. Lost another SB to the Giants and now have lost the AFC title game at home to the Ravens.

How do you think history will judge the Belichick/Brady era? Will they win another SB?

Discuss...

Dynasty defined:

dynasty (ˈdɪnəstɪ) dictionary_questionbutton_default.gifn , pl -ties 1. a sequence of hereditary rulers: an Egyptian dynasty 2. any sequence of powerful leaders of the same family: the Kennedy dynasty

I hate when anyone uses this word to describe a sports franchise who has experienced success. Sorry, but the Pats of the 2000s/2010s, the Niners of the 80s, and the Steelers of the 70s/80s just don't fit the mold. When I lived in CT for 2 long years around ignorant Pats fans, they were uttering this word after their second SB win. I, too, was pulling for the Pats in the SB with the Rams because of the Cinderella (aka Brady - who acts like Cinderella now) story. They were humble then, or at least Brady was. Now, they're just a bunch of punks with bad attitudes in winning and losing, especially losing.

Dynasty defined:

dynasty (ˈdɪnəstɪ) dictionary_questionbutton_default.gifn , pl -ties 1. a sequence of hereditary rulers: an Egyptian dynasty 2. any sequence of powerful leaders of the same family: the Kennedy dynasty

I hate when anyone uses this word to describe a sports franchise who has experienced success. Sorry, but the Pats of the 2000s/2010s, the Niners of the 80s, and the Steelers of the 70s/80s just don't fit the mold. When I lived in CT for 2 long years around ignorant Pats fans, they were uttering this word after their second SB win. I, too, was pulling for the Pats in the SB with the Rams because of the Cinderella (aka Brady - who acts like Cinderella now) story. They were humble then, or at least Brady was. Now, they're just a bunch of punks with bad attitudes in winning and losing, especially losing.

This is the definition of the word from the good people at Merriam-Webster. The second definition clearly makes the word properly used colloquially for a sports team.

:
a succession of rulers of the same line of descent

:
a powerful group or family that maintains its position for a considerable time
Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Umm... they were the second seed in the AFC and just played in the AFC Championship game. A tad less dominant perhaps but premature to call it 'crumbling'.

Perhaps you were being sarcastic. But Pats* and the Lewis situation is quite unlike. Pats* were accused of cheating and Lewis of a lot worse.

And if you were not sarcastic, huge scandals can indeed taint a person's reputation as in the case of Ben Johnson, Lance Armstrong etc.

Ray Lewis was not tried or convicted of " a lot worse". The Pats were not just accused of cheating, they were convicted of cheating. They were actually caught cheating. Big difference.

I would like yo see the same gratitude passed on to the Pats*

Last night I watched the 2nd half of the game. On the Ravens 2nd TD drive, to go up 14-13, I noticed a very-obvious PI or illegal hit on EVERY SINGLE RAVENS PASS PLAY. There was only 1 flag thrown, when there should have been 8. Even the announcers mentioned how physical [read illegal] the corners were playing. Then Spikes smacked Pita right in the head - no call. It was total BS.

And it was F'ing Awesome to see them score anyway. Then they steamrolled right over them. F'n sweet.

The Putrids got away with non calls practically ALL season ... Karma's a bee och and they LOST because of it. Was it Brady's Karma Kick on his slide that started the Ravens off on their roll? (I'd like to think it so)

That's the dumbest thing I ever read.

What do they call teams that can't get 'er done in the SB or the Div Championship game?? LOSERS.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever