Matt Flynn may be available from Seattle, Bills interested?

Good! Any more out there?

You aren't old enough to remember that trade. Give me something this millenium.

So youre just going try to add limitations so thereaaren't examples. Bottom line: you haven't been able to establish that trading for someone's #2 qb is doomed to fail. Further emphasizing this is the reality that few QBs - no matter how they're acquired - are deemed wild successes.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the guarantee Flynn is not Fitz 2.0?

Very "insightful" question with no basis in fact.

Flynn lost out to a rookie QB..ya, wilson played great, but flynn still lost out to him from day 1. :thumbdown:

Maybe trade a 4th rounder for him but would still need to draft a QB in round 2 or 1.

UYou're sort of correct. Flynn never had a chance to prove himself.

Rob Johnson 2.0. No thanks.

Based on what?

There haven't been a large number of high profile QB trades over the past decade, but there are a handful that can be argued as successes.

This is by no means a comprehensive list, but there have been several QBs that were successful with a 2nd team following a trade over the past 20 years. This doesn't include free agents, of course (Gannon, Brees, Manning, Favre in 2009, etc) that found success with a new team.

It isn't impossible to find an above average-to-very good QB via trade, regardless of experience:

Brett Favre (traded from Atlanta to Green Bay in 1992)

Joe Montana (San Fran to KC, 1993)

Warren Moon (Houston to Minnesota, 1994)

Jeff George (Indy to Atlanta, 1994)

Mark Brunell (Green Bay to Jacksonville, 1995)

Chris Chandler (Houston to Atlanta, 1996)

Jeff George (Atlanta to Oakland, 1997)

Brad Johnson (Minnesota to Washington, 1999)

Aaron Brooks (Green Bay to New Orleans, 2000)

Trent Green (St. Louis to KC, 2001)

Drew Bledsoe (New England to Buffalo, 2002)

Matt Schaub (Atlanta to Houston, 2007)

Jay Cutler (Denver to Chicago, 2009)

Carson Palmer (Cincinnati to Oakland, 2011)

Edited by Punch

Matt Schaub

For all the talent on that team, Schaub is yet to reach a AFC Conference Title game.....Of course, I think the problem there is the HC. Given the talent on both sides of the ball, there is no reason for this team to choke like this year in year out. I am surprised Kubiak is still milking this team.

Matt Hasselbeck from Green Bay to Seattle.

And Hasselbeck hasn't done too bad in Tennessee either. If the Titans had kept Matt as the starting QB, they would have done better this season.

Yeah I would want Flynn but not at an unreasonable cost. Outside of Flacco Flynn is the only trade or free agent QB I would want.

It depends on the market. It is very possible that Reid will go after Flynn to run his version of WCO in Kansas City. The Jets may go after him, if the cost is not very high, but the upside is huge. The more competition for him, the trade value goes up.

Smith in San Fran hitting the market is a given. Carroll is dropping major hints Flynn will be too. Bills really need to land one of these guys.

With a particularly weak crop of quarterbacks in the draft this spring, the former Packer could see significant interest from several teams searching for a signal-caller. Carroll said that with the mobile-Wilson under center, it would be advantageous to have another quarterback with a similar skill-set, as opposed to Flynn's traditional pocket-passing ability.

"We've talked a lot about that," Carroll said, according to the News Tribune. "It would be nice to have another guy that might be able to be a factor that way. There's some really good kids out there. We'll see."

".... As we move forward we're going to figure it out. "

http://m.nypost.com/...Lz2G9WzpED4JzPK

I liked him this preseason as he was accurate and certainly would worth bringing in.

What is the guarantee Flynn is not Fitz 2.0?

he's accurate.

Another 1 game wonder???

QB from the draft please.

probably draft one but there are no game changers in this draft.

Flynn lost out to a rookie QB..ya, wilson played great, but flynn still lost out to him from day 1. :thumbdown:

Maybe trade a 4th rounder for him but would still need to draft a QB in round 2 or 1.

That's like saying he lost out to Luck or RG3, this excuse is getting tired.

Hey look, we draft like SH+t anyway, so giving away draft picks for us isn't that big of a deal. Give the freakin Hawks what they want, cut Fitz, and bring this guy in. If he tanks we get a high pick the following year, if he does well, we win.

He can't be worse than a rookie QB in this year's draft or Fitzy.

It depends on the market. It is very possible that Reid will go after Flynn to run his version of WCO in Kansas City. The Jets may go after him, if the cost is not very high, but the upside is huge. The more competition for him, the trade value goes up.

But dont forget kc has #1 overall, Reid likes drafting qb's and there's no better time for a coach to start developing one than His first year when he's given a pass on record. Would flynn even want to go to a place where he's behind the #1 overall pick? Be Seattle part II. But your point on WCO and flynn being the guy to run it is a good one.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Sounds to me like another Rob Johnson. Got a big contract on the strength of one great game.

Problem with Rob Johnson was not his contract, but rather the fact that we gave up a 1st round pick for him, and of course the fact that he sucked. I doubt Seattle will get more than a 4th for Flynn. Pretty sure they signed him as UFA.

But dont forget kc has #1 overall, Reid likes drafting qb's and there's no better time for a coach to start developing one than His first year when he's given a pass on record. Would flynn even want to go to a place where he's behind the #1 overall pick? Be Seattle part II. But your point on WCO and flynn being the guy to run it is a good one.

I don't think it is a given that Reid will pick a QB with the 1st overall pick.

Hey look, we draft like SH+t anyway, so giving away draft picks for us isn't that big of a deal. Give the freakin Hawks what they want, cut Fitz, and bring this guy in. If he tanks we get a high pick the following year, if he does well, we win.

He can't be worse than a rookie QB in this year's draft or Fitzy.

What happens if he is average and takes us to another mediocre record of 6-10.

Yay!!! Let's give up picks for another team's trash. It's the Bills' way. Flynn has not proven he will be even better than Fitz. Obviously if the Bills got him, I'd support him 100%. But I'm so sick of settling. Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, Mike Vick, etc. are the definition of settling. Just draft a young guy for once and play him.

Yay!!! Let's give up picks for another team's trash. It's the Bills' way. Flynn has not proven he will be even better than Fitz. Obviously if the Bills got him, I'd support him 100%. But I'm so sick of settling. Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, Mike Vick, etc. are the definition of settling. Just draft a young guy for once and play him.

Hopefully they will and I want no part of Flynn, but we must have a capable backup and that will most likely be a vet unless the Bills pull a Snyder.

It's my hope the Bills can find a team to switch picks with in the 20-29 pick range that's willing to give up their 2014 first round pick (target Minter LB, Jones C, Olgetree LB, Austin WB). The reason being is that I want the Bills to use their 2nd round pick this year on EJ Manuel then also have some serious "insurance" ammunition to move up for a franchise QB in the 2014 draft (that is of course if EJ Manuel doesn't look like the real deal by seasons end).

Edited by 1billsfan