Matt Flynn may be available from Seattle, Bills interested?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaepernick is so cheap right now if they look at as our total qb position is X$ amount- they might say that's good keep them both, it would only be a Harbaugh soft spot as a former QB

Yep, totally agree they could go this route. Plus, with all these running QBs getting injured, who wouldn't want that security blanket?

Too many teams have been burned by back ups who do well in spot duty for successful teams. Kevin Kolb comes to mind. Matt Flynn lost out to Wilson in Seattle. Teams needing a QB will be wary of him because of this. Flynn may cnange teams but Seattle will not get the same value that the expended in getting him.

Look, he may be available, but I really doubt that we're going to take him. Marrone is a brand new coach with a team he is expected to rebuild almost from the ground up. He has an extremely solid O-line and two very highly touted Rb's. If this is isn't prime condition to start molding a rookie QB I don't know what is.

Why are people worried about flynn losing to Wilson. Look at how good Wilson was this year. It took carroll long enough to decide that it seems like flynn was at least in the same realm of ability as Wilson, which I'm sure any of us would be happy with.

At least have him compete with a rookie and Fitz- more upside potential than smith and will actually be available unlike flacco

Why are people worried about flynn losing to Wilson. Look at how good Wilson was this year. It took carroll long enough to decide that it seems like flynn was at least in the same realm of ability as Wilson, which I'm sure any of us would be happy with.

At least have him compete with a rookie and Fitz- more upside potential than smith and will actually be available unlike flacco

We should acquire both Matt "Errol" Flynn and Joe Flacco, for posterity sake of course.

We need to bring back T Jack just so the draft pick we gave away for him wasn't a complete waste, then we will have ample back up at that position.

Get rid of Thiggy pudding the entire Fitz thing is a mess due to the fact that the Bills FO jumped way to fast at giving him his contract !!

This year i believe with all that i have as a Bills fan that Marrone will bring in Nassib with our first pick, put it on record that i said it, & i think B/C he knows the offense b/c he's played in it for 3 years he will be our starter & Fitz will be the back up unless they finally make a good decision & cut him so they don't have as much money to pay out.

It won't save much to the cap but in the long run will save a ton of cash !!

But i don't see them getting a high priced QB from FA when they owe Fitz all that cash ...

Edited by T master

The other thing in flynns defense he was new to Seattle and didn't know playbook or personnel any better than Wilson. Thats an advantage to the more mobile guy already.

......AND there it is. This thread is one short of hitting for the cycle. The "Why not just keep Fitz if you're going after THOSE guys" is a little late this time.

It's a valid point IMO. Tell me who was the last QB traded who went on to success at the team that traded for him? Serious question because I can't remember. RoJo? Bledsoe? Colb? Cassel? TIMTEBOW!!!?

There must be one in the last few years but I'm at a loss (E. Manning/P. Rivers don't count)

It's a valid point IMO. Tell me who was the last QB traded who went on to success at the team that traded for him? Serious question because I can't remember. RoJo? Bledsoe? Colb? Cassel? TIMTEBOW!!!?

There must be one in the last few years but I'm at a loss (E. Manning/P. Rivers don't count)

Steve young, didn't do too bad after being traded from Tampa to 9ers.

Guy named favre had a decent career after being traded from atl to packers.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Shying away from Matt Flynn because his early resume superficially resembles Rob Johnson is as logical as rushing out to trade for Thaddeus Lewis from the Browns (following 1single but awful start) because his resume superficially resembled Brett Favre in Atlanta.

There are logical reasons to be cautious in evaluating Flynn's potential. But it's lazy to compare Rob Johnson to Matt Flynn, because it's a surface comparison at best.