Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu - CB - LSU

dbflaBill

You guys are crazy. He was the #3 pick in the draft if he could have come out last year. I still believe he is going to end up as a first round pick despite the issues. Gamechangers get picked in the first round and that's what he is. He played in the SEC and flat out dominated the best competition on defense and special teams. If we are lucky enough to get him, he instantly starts for us and becomes one of our best players on defense.

Now this is some crazy sheet right here.....

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya, and I never said he was a top 5-10 pick, I said top 10 talent. I said there were projections before his troubles that he could be a top 15 pick, but that was not my personal opinion on where I thought his draft slot potential was. For me, his height would prevent him from ever going that high, but I did feel he was a mid to late first rounder and could still go there if he shines at the combine and keeps repairing his rep the way he reportedly is. I personally think he could be a high potential guy to own the slot in the NFL, a position of greater and greater need every year in the NFL, especially on our team where we play Cover No One in the slot.

the guy was an insane player, if he kept his nose clean and continued his pace i'm sure he probably would've been drafted in the top 10 (closer to the 10 than to the 1). his issues, however, cannot be ignored. he's the next pacman jones probably.

Now this is some crazy sheet right here.....

lol. i agree. #3 is nuts for a 5'8 corner who doesn't even weigh 180lbs. Revis was taken 11 i think - that's probably around where this clown would've been drafted if he had half a brain.

• 3 weeks later...

If that was his down fall smokin the gonja then that's nothin . Now if the guy was main lining or something hat might be something to worry about.

They need to get the guy b/c he is talented & we need more of that here & put a clause in his contract that if he does fail a test for any thing that from that point on his contract is null & void .

He's worth a shot the kid tore it up at LSU...

time to stop considering marijuana a substance worthy of wasting resources on.

A man smokes a joint and 2 weeks to a month later fails a piss test

A man shoots heroin and follows it up with a 24 hours cocaine bender and 3-5 days letter passes a piss test, or a man uses meth all weekend long then by Wednesday or Thursdays passes a piss test.

Urine based drug tests fail to remove the problematic substances, and our law enforcing and judicial resources are wasted going after MJ offenders instead of hardcore narcotic offenders

time to stop considering marijuana a substance worthy of wasting resources on.

A man smokes a joint and 2 weeks to a month later fails a piss test

A man shoots heroin and follows it up with a 24 hours cocaine bender and 3-5 days letter passes a piss test, or a man uses meth all weekend long then by Wednesday or Thursdays passes a piss test.

Urine based drug tests fail to remove the problematic substances, and our law enforcing and judicial resources are wasted going after MJ offenders instead of hardcore narcotic offenders

Figures that it's the guy with the Phish logo who says that :nana:

Of course, if the incident causes his stock to drop to, say, the third round then I would be all for it. That way, we'd have two of the famed LSU CB's.

for me, i don't really think that the marijuana in itself is as much of a problem as the extremely poor decision making. regardless of my (or anyone's) opinion on marijuana or it's laws, if you choose to smoke pot in college you could risk money and draft status in the nfl. and if you smoke a lot of pot, get thrown off your team, go into rehab only to come out of it and keep smoking more pot...then i would say you are pretty much pissing away not only a prestigious carreer, but a lifestyle most of us can only dream of. maybe if we had a 7th rounder i would take the chance, but we don't, so i wouldn't. but hey, i've been wrong before.

for me, i don't really think that the marijuana in itself is as much of a problem as the extremely poor decision making. regardless of my (or anyone's) opinion on marijuana or it's laws, if you choose to smoke pot in college you could risk money and draft status in the nfl. and if you smoke a lot of pot, get thrown off your team, go into rehab only to come out of it and keep smoking more pot...then i would say you are pretty much pissing away not only a prestigious carreer, but a lifestyle most of us can only dream of. maybe if we had a 7th rounder i would take the chance, but we don't, so i wouldn't. but hey, i've been wrong before.

this. it is just selfish and shows disregard for the rules or the rest of the team.

if we draft him, mario will have to put a lock on his fridge.

• 4 weeks later...

According to an early report, Tyrann Mathieu completed 4 reps at 225 lbs on the bench press.

I realize that, for an NFL CB, it's not the end-all of measurables, but geez, that's very poor. I'd like to think that a guy with as much free time as he had would spend some of it in the weight room.

Oh, and to pre-empt the inevitable, I'm sure Honey Badger doesn't give a s**t.

EDIT: here's the link...

DB Results