Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu - CB - LSU

dbflaBill

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bench press doesn't necessarily mean that much anyway. The fact that he can put it up means he's probably strong enough to play effectively if he knows how to use it. I can't bench 225 once, but I can put most guys who can on their backs.

what do you with them after they are on their backs?

At this point it's a bit of exaggeration. If I can't take a guy out inside a minute I'm toast. I just don't have that much steam anymore. But there was a time...

they have pills for that.

If your bench press lasts more than 4 hours, call a doctor.

GO BILLS!!!

LMAO :thumbsup:

According to an early report, Tyrann Mathieu completed 4 reps at 225 lbs on the bench press.

I realize that, for an NFL CB, it's not the end-all of measurables, but geez, that's very poor. I'd like to think that a guy with as much free time as he had would spend some of it in the weight room.

Oh, and to pre-empt the inevitable, I'm sure Honey Badger doesn't give a s**t.

EDIT: here's the link...

DB Results

Stevie is 100% open that he can't do one of these... not too worried

Lets ask this a different way.... what is the highest round you'd draft him in w/ the 8th pick of each round??

Lets assume two things...he's off the charts in the combine...and my due diligence satisfies me that he's matured considerably....The highest I would go would have to be third round. Fourth is where I would be most comfortable that I had a good deal.

A popular college jock smoking weed? -Omg, That NEVER happens!

Sorry, I just don't see the BFD... Never did. I understand that he violated team rules, but to me, this is just another media-driven overreaction to a common personal predicament.

Yah, he needs to step away from the bong for a second. However, if this kid is there in the fourth, and we don't take him, It'll be yet another "crying shame" misstep authored by Buddy Nix.

One could try to sell this result... or, admit that 4 is the least total number of reps overall at the combine for everyone that performed the BP. Demetrius Mooray sucked as well, but these 2 guys were the statistical tail of the curve. To put it in perspective, every single QB, RB and WR that tried did more reps. 4 is so low that the weaker end of the WR group had double the reps.

Most relevant is the fact that many of the cornerbacks in the same weight class (mid 180s) were hoisting 10-17 reps. The highest cornerback (reps not weed) had 22 while one other CB did only 4. The average looks to be around 14.

Too much pot doesn't make people lazy and lethargic?? Things must have changed a lot since I went to college.

:lol:

Well, pot is a helluva lot stronger than it was back then.

Or so I've heard.

I would dance my way to the podium and make the pick if he was there in the third rd

One could try to sell this result... or, admit that 4 is the least total number of reps overall at the combine for everyone that performed the BP. Demetrius Mooray sucked as well, but these 2 guys were the statistical tail of the curve. To put it in perspective, every single QB, RB and WR that tried did more reps. 4 is so low that the weaker end of the WR group had double the reps.

Not concerned with that as a corner. Fred Smoot did 1 rep years ago and was a second rd pick and had a nice 9 year career

Boy, was I wrong about Mathieu. A 4.43!! Wow.

But he's only 5'8". That alone pushes him into the 3rd at least. Anyone suggesting a 5'8" corner would be a top 10 pick is, to say the least, a bit optimistic.

Terrell Buckley would disagree.

But, but, he was a bust wasn't he? He had 50INTs which would make him the Bills All-Time leader by 10 and he got a ring with hoodie. I'll take some of that.

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

Terrell Buckley would disagree.

But, but, he was a bust wasn't he? He had 50INTs which would make him the Bills All-Time leader by 10 and he got a ring with hoodie. I'll take some of that.

Wasn't he 5'10"? I doubt a sub 5'9" cb has ever been picked in the top 10. The fact that Deion likes him means something to me.

Boy, was I wrong about Mathieu. A 4.43!! Wow.

But he's only 5'8". That alone pushes him into the 3rd at least. Anyone suggesting a 5'8" corner would be a top 10 pick is, to say the least, a bit optimistic.

To be fair, he has been prepping for the Combine for quite a bit more than most other college players, so he probably learned better technique. I was wondering... Will he be at the LSU pro day or will he have to do a private workout?

To be fair, he has been prepping for the Combine for quite a bit more than most other college players, so he probably learned better technique. I was wondering... Will he be at the LSU pro day or will he have to do a private workout?

He said today that he would be at the LSU Pro Day