Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu - CB - LSU

dbflaBill

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in favor of taking a chance on picking him in the 3rd but I have changed my mind. If you are stupid enough to fail 10 drug tests, you are clearly an idiot. I have no patience for idiots.

Take him in the 4th then.

As far as the teams are concerned its old news. If they did not know it before the combine they knew it after. If you smoke dope all the time you are going to flunk the test. And HB smoked a lot of dope.

Mind you, smoking dope, while not smart, is hardly a heinous crime. We are not talking Laurence Philips or even Rolando McLain here.

He just needs to smarten up. He seems to understand that and why not its not rocket science. Tow the line and you are rolling in money. Don't and you are pumping gas.

At the end of the day either you believe in the kid or you don't. Personally I think the very latest for him is prolly around our third round pick.

If he was that good smoking weed all day every day, think of how good he could be playing straight! Take him a round higher!

Actually, the first thing I thought of was this is as much or more on LSU than on the kid. If he is repeatedly allowed to fail and still play, why wouldn't he keep smoking? It's the quintessential enabling.

If he was that good smoking weed all day every day, think of how good he could be playing straight! Take him a round higher!

Actually, the first thing I thought of was this is as much or more on LSU than on the kid. If he is repeatedly allowed to fail and still play, why wouldn't he keep smoking? It's the quintessential enabling.

From the word on the street, the "fails" were often for synthetics that were not qualified under NCAA rule but were caught in the LSU screenings still. No link, no idea to the accuracy vs rumor nature but it would make some sense.

And agree. There's a reason I don't love lsu prospects right now. Honey badger, the Jordan Jefferson fight (and surrounding stuff), Montgomery and mingo effort issues/admissions, Jordan Jefferson's little bro (lsu db prospect) jumping a cop over Mardi gras, and a host of other incidents.... I don't like the personality types les seems to go after or how he manages them. That's not to say none will succeed but I think there are red flags galore on the program that aren't hitting the national media the way you'd expect.

Edited by NoSaint

Maybe he should just share with his Bills teammates. It pretty much sounds like a key to success. A blunted Kolb might not let the pressure get to him.

I was in favor of taking a chance on picking him in the 3rd but I have changed my mind. If you are stupid enough to fail 10 drug tests, you are clearly an idiot. I have no patience for idiots.

I don't think it was idiocy at all. Chemical dependence isn't easy to overcome. His troubles may mot be over in the long term.

I'd certainly take a 4th round flyer on him - but I wouldn't expect him to stay clean. All that money and all that free time in the off-season - unless he truly is clean and clean for the right reasons, as soon as he gets the NFL job and proves he can compete, he'll be like every other pot smoker in the NFL - they take it as far as they can.

I don't personally have a problem with people smoking, and I can't blame him for failing "10" tests - if after the first two or three he didn't get suspended, then why would he suspect he ever would?

As far as I'm concerned, how many 4th-7th round players pan out? The odds have to be worse than the odds of him playing like a 2nd rounder, in which case it'd be a wise move for Buffalo, even if he only lasted 2 or 3 years.

I'd certainly take a 4th round flyer on him - but I wouldn't expect him to stay clean. All that money and all that free time in the off-season - unless he truly is clean and clean for the right reasons, as soon as he gets the NFL job and proves he can compete, he'll be like every other pot smoker in the NFL - they take it as far as they can.

I don't personally have a problem with people smoking, and I can't blame him for failing "10" tests - if after the first two or three he didn't get suspended, then why would he suspect he ever would?

As far as I'm concerned, how many 4th-7th round players pan out? The odds have to be worse than the odds of him playing like a 2nd rounder, in which case it'd be a wise move for Buffalo, even if he only lasted 2 or 3 years.

He did get suspended before he was kicked off the team for yet another violation. Then was found in a home with drugs again after that. This all inside a year. It's not like he out of nowhere got booted.

The thing is, Mathieu admitted the problem. There are guys who will get drafted who haven been caught yet.

I am swayed by everything I've read and everything I've seen RE: Tyrann Mathieu. I think he is a hard core football player and is going to be a good pro. He is confident and he makes plays. He'll be good.

The thing is, Mathieu admitted the problem. There are guys who will get drafted who haven been caught yet.

I am swayed by everything I've read and everything I've seen RE: Tyrann Mathieu. I think he is a hard core football player and is going to be a good pro. He is confident and he makes plays. He'll be good.

Out of all the CB's in this draft this kids reminds me of Winfield more than anyone.

Out of all the CB's in this draft this kids reminds me of Winfield more than anyone.

That's a high compliment. Weird. So far my favorite 2 players in this draft are small. Austin and Mathieu. Some people just play the game on a different level.

He admitted it because he was kicked off the team. What was he supposed to do?

He admitted it because he was kicked off the team. What was he supposed to do?

Chris Carter admitted his problem after he was kicked off his team for harder drugs. He turned out OK.

Mathieu lost football for weed. Now he gave up weed for football. You want to say no thanks...I get why and I can't blame you. But someone is going to get a football player on the cheap.

fHeckno. Not on My Bills. well they aren't mine technically

I read that he said he stopped counting and had forgotten how many times he got popped.

REALLY! 10 TIMES. documented .

Is it just the potheads that are giving him a break here ? lol

The guy doesn't have clue, send him home to Mom or give him lotsa/any NFL money. What might be the best therapy ? Hmmm.

Edited by 3rdand12

Chris Carter admitted his problem after he was kicked off his team for harder drugs. He turned out OK.

Cris Carter was the biggest scumbag in the league. Buddy Ryan knew he had a drug problem and tried to get him to stop. Carter wouldnt. Ryan cut him to save his life because he knew he was on a downward spiral even though he caught 11 TDs. Later, Carter cleaned up but keep quiet about it for years, and Buddy Ryan took all the blame for about a decade for being the idiot who cut Cris Carter after scoring 11 TDs. But Buddy kept quiet about it and protected Carter and Carter totally fukked Buddy.