Bills hire Nathaniel Hackett for Offensive Coordinator

cmjoyce113

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little worried about his quote re not needing to have many plays, just executing a few plays well. Don't think you can get away with that in the NFL.

in fact most teams do. add in a little motion, running the same plays out of different packages or formations. 90% of the leagues running plays are probably the same 5-6 plays with some minor variations in technique.

Edited by NoSaint

It's not official until Sal M retweets it.

ROFLMAO. So true.

So, I just watched Hackett's interview with the scared lemur on bb.com. Seems like a great kid -- and yes, he's young. Still, he does not sound intimidated by the opportunity and his enthusiasm almost jumps off the screen. Deflected the questions about Fitz and Nassib expertly; said they will be going through an extensive evaluation of everyone on the roster.

Edited by eball

This is a terrible move. Bill Bellichick and Rex Ryan are not going to be outcoached by a 33-year old. And Mike Pettine ran a 3-4 defense in New York. The Bills don't have 3-4 personnel!

Hackett is being mentored by Marrone who was a very successful OC at New Orleans. I do think Marrone/Hackett can outcoach Rex. And Pettine says very clearly that he is NOT a 3-4 guy. Instead he's a guy that build a defense around the talents of the players and will use multiple fronts during the course of a game.

The thing I want to know is are we going to confuse the defense with motion. It is a lot harder to confuse an NFL defense so I hope our young college pup with the help of Marrone can learn to disguise intentions and not give away what we are going to run. I read somewhere they used very little motion at SU. I also am afraid that he will continually call the same play if it works. NFL defenses are to sophisticated to fall for the same plays like he did against WV.

The thing I want to know is are we going to confuse the defense with motion. It is a lot harder to confuse an NFL defense so I hope our young college pup with the help of Marrone can learn to disguise intentions and not give away what we are going to run. I read somewhere they used very little motion at SU. I also am afraid that he will continually call the same play if it works. NFL defenses are to sophisticated to fall for the same plays like he did against WV.

Really? Because the Pats called the same play about 5 times in one drive on us when they had us in the Nickel and they kept pounding it. If something works, you run it until they stop it.

Really? Because the Pats called the same play about 5 times in one drive on us when they had us in the Nickel and they kept pounding it. If something works, you run it until they stop it.

First game. Opening drive. Four or five years ago.

That's so disrespectful.

in fact most teams do. add in a little motion, running the same plays out of different packages or formations. 90% of the leagues running plays are probably the same 5-6 plays with some minor variations in technique.

But even as you said, there has to be some variation and disguise, whether it's changing the formation or motion or whatever. I just hope the offense isn't going to be too predictable.

ROFLMAO. So true.

So, I just watched Hackett's interview with the scared lemur on bb.com. Seems like a great kid -- and yes, he's young. Still, he does not sound intimidated by the opportunity and his enthusiasm almost jumps off the screen. Deflected the questions about Fitz and Nassib expertly; said they will be going through an extensive evaluation of everyone on the roster.

I just watched it myself E.

I would say he already knows about Ryan and has made his "evaluation " But he does like that Nassib kid.

Very smart man at the outset and has grabbed my attention for sure.

Let me ask this to all . Has any NFL team brought on a College coach and his offfensive Coordinator ?

And then the QB too ?

Seems like the odds of success would be much higher in this scenario.

I am pleased with everything so far.

Go Bills. again!!

Little worried about his quote re not needing to have many plays, just executing a few plays well. Don't think you can get away with that in the NFL.

That's one viewpoint.

Another viewpoint is that it's possible to be so complex that it becomes difficult or impossible to get all the players on the same page.

I think there's probably a "happy medium", especially if a few plays are well-disguised or have several options.

The other point is that he's explaining the Syracuse offense; doesn't mean necessarily he intends to do the same thing with his opportunity in the NFL

Disrespectful? It's a grown man league. If they don't like it, stop it.

Sorry, just thinking back to the comments I saw from some Miami players when NE beat them the same way a few weeks back.