Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit! It's a Brandon marketing choice and and an homage to his alma mater...not to mention a cost effective choice. Did the "no stone unturned" crew ask who the frick his DC and OC are gonna be? Shite...I'm trying to find a positive here and I can't. Can anyone talk me off the cliff?

Every Bills fan complaining right now should just jump off the ledge and end your misery already. Im not real excited initially either, but he has more experience than "just Syracuse".

Marrone has more Super Bowl rings than Lovie, and much more NFL experience and success than Kelly. Again, I know where a lot of you are coming from. He isnt the "name" that we wanted. But he has the experience and resume.

The most important parts are still who he hires as Coordinators, and how he handles the new incoming QB.

We'll see...

Well said...

I've been doing some research on Marrone, and am finding mostly positive feedback. To those who are dead set against the hire, could you please elaborate on your misgivings of the hire?

"We watched him.....he's awful".................................lol

they want to be unhappy.

He was the Jets Oline coach from 2001-2005 the went on to the Sainrs. You don't get 5 nfl interviews on accident.

He has more nfl connection than most here think. He will put together a good staff.

He wasn't my first choice but I kinda like it. He is a firey in your face guy, just what we need.

I don't think he's coming as some are calling the "cheapest" option. He was being interviewed by 5 or 6 teams.

Also the Cleveland's backup plan crap is stupid. Last night they were saying the Browns might flat out choose him over Kelly.

This guy is super prepared from what I have seen. I honestly believe we made a good choice.

This

Dammit! It's a Brandon marketing choice and and an homage to his alma mater...not to mention a cost effective choice. Did the "no stone unturned" crew ask who the frick his DC and OC are gonna be? Shite...I'm trying to find a positive here and I can't. Can anyone talk me off the cliff?

LOL. I laughed at that too.

I guess he thought he "unturned every stone" in 6 days.

"We watched him.....he's awful".................................lol

they want to be unhappy.

And you want to be delusional.

I see A LOT of very upset optimists because the realists see that this was a truly horrible move.

And the funny thing is im USUALLY an optimistic. I supported Gailey from day 1. Jauron from day 1. Mularkey from day 1. Not this guy.

Now I feel a helluva lot better about your pessimism. ;)

you say that like its a bad thing....he sits on the bench behind Fitz for at least half of next season(depending on how Fitz plays) then watch him shine....Nassib is gonna be a star! Not only that but he will be the second player for Buffalo from the Great Valley area of the Philly 'burbs...Joe Devlin being the first!

Well boys, get ready to see Nassib as our starting QB.

LMAO Marrone has NO SB Ring... Saints won SB after they fired him... What is this great exp you speak of.. OL man for the Jets/Phins or maybe a OC asst? or was it his no playoffs during his OC yr or 2 .. Oh wait maybe it going 25-25 in a watered down Big East

So many clueless bills fans. "Wah, we didn't hire a coach with an NFL resume". "Wah, we didn't hire a HC that's been to the SB as the play caller". "Wah, we hired the cheapest guy".

Makes me ill. 75% of the people crying and whining have never even seen SU play. He's not the big name guy like lovie smith (lol@ people who wanted him). He turned around a bs program at SU. I don't know a whole lot about the guy. One thing I do know is, I don't know that he sucks. He's our HC. Back him up and hope for the best (while you expect the worst, I'm sure). Stop all this crying and whining. Kelly was never coming to buffalo. Lovie bores me. Whisenhunt hasn't been especially successful at grooming QBs. The only QBs he's been successful with was a hall of famer that led the coach to the SB. If you wanna talk about Gruden or Cowher, sure, i agree. I'd prefer them over Marrone. That wasn't happening. We have a good young coach that's motivated and has turned around a sorry team. Lets see if he can do it again. You've got my backing Coach Marrone