Ken Whisenhunt for HC?

PromoTheRobot

If they're thinking to go toward a defensive minded HC, then it'll be Horton or more likely Lovie with Norm Turner as their OC.

Buddy's ties to SD are as strong or stronger than Whaley's to the Stealers.

But, if they're going that route, maybe they should revisit with Perry Fewell.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken Whisenhunt?

Who dreams up this crap! Why would the Bills fire a mediocre head coach (Gailey) for another proven loser?

Has anybody seen how bad Arizona played under Whisenhunt? This is total madness.

The next idiot idea would be to hire Jim Haslett as head coach.

ha ha ha. welcome to your Buffalo Bills... I love how bills fans don't realize how bad their franchise looks to the rest of the league... this is not a place you want to be ... where careers go to die.... unless you have ties to the area or are desperate to get back in the league as a HC or it is the only job left on the board (Jauron, Gailey), you steer clear of this nightmare.

Edited by 8and8Forever

If they're thinking to go toward a defensive minded HC, then it'll be Horton or more likely Lovie with Norm Turner as their OC.

I don't know if Norv Turner is connected with Lovie to become his OC. I saw a ESPN article where they suggested that Norv Turner could become the OC of the Jets replacing Sporanos. That would be a big blow to the Bills. I hope the Bills can snatch Norv Turner as the OC.

The worst part of this Whisenhunt crap is that he probably won't be coming with Horton. The ONLY thing going for the Cards the past few years has been their defense. But now that Reid is going to KC, it looks like Horton will end up HC in Arizona. So who the heck will be the DC for the Bills?? We are actually WORSE OFF than last year if Horton isn't part of the Whisenhunt staff. I would take Chan and Wanny over Whisenhunt and some random DC :(

Just like Gailey was with with Fitz, Wiz was lucky that Kurt Warner was already on the team when he got there.

Hold on, are you saying Gailey was lucky to have Fitz on the roster? Huh? Oh wait, I think you're the guy that said Dennis Green was reason for the Cardinals turnaround. :lol: That was great stuff!

I have seen this a couple times but as Buddy was actually here when Perry was the interim coach so I don't think this will happen. He saw everything he needed to when they were in the building together back then. Probably the reason they had no interest last or this time around.

Wisenhunt 18-30 coaching the past 3 years in the NFL. Career NFL coaching record? Loser.

Perfect for Nixs continuity comments.

Why would a 72 year old loser first time GM want a winner and screw up the "tarnish" on this joke of a team?

Another HC with a career losing record. But wait he's a nice guy. So go get it done Russ.

He's even lost a super bowl but nowhere close to Marvs pathetic 4 in a row. (with help from Jimbo)

Mediocrity the Bills brand. Try boosting tickets sales with that hire

Wisenhunt 18-30 coaching the past 3 years in the NFL. Career NFL coaching record? Loser.

Perfect for Nixs continuity comments.

Why would a 72 year old loser first time GM want a winner and screw up the "tarnish" on this joke of a team?

Another HC with a career losing record. But wait he's a nice guy. So go get it done Russ.

He's even lost a super bowl but nowhere close to Marvs pathetic 4 in a row. (with help from Jimbo)

Mediocrity the Bills brand. Try boosting tickets sales with that hire

Thanks for your important contribution to the discussion.

My cliff notes version of why I do not want Whisenhunt in Buffalo:

No to Whisenhunt. Nothing about him says Forward Thinking, Aggressive, or Sustained Excellence. Losing Coach from a Losing Organization. Supposedly an Offesnive Guru who couldn't acquire, draft, or develop the right QB to succeed Kurt Warner. Only real success came in a two year window with Warner in a weak NFC West division.

Not Impressed...Pass!!!

The first three sentences are actually a good point to consider.

But why poach stats? He's 45 - 51 overall. BPA also skips the years where Whiz took them to the Super Bowl (lost to Pitts) and then won a playoff game the next year. Or when he won a Super Bowl as Pittsburgh's O coordinator.

I'm not saying the guy is the answer, but he's not the HORRIBLE coach some want to make him out to be...

Hold on, are you saying Gailey was lucky to have Fitz on the roster? Huh? Oh wait, I think you're the guy that said Dennis Green was reason for the Cardinals turnaround. :lol: That was great stuff!

Thats right, because without Fitz Gailey wouldn't have won any games IMO. Remember Gailey was so stupid he gave all the first sting reps in 2010 pre season to a QB he would cut after 2 regular season games. Then there wasn't any other QB on his roster the last 3 years that Gailey would trust to run his offense besides Fitz. Particularly when Fitz had cracked ribs in 2011 and should have been benched. . Not Trent Edwards, Not Brian Brohm, Not Tyler Thigpen, Not Levi Brown, Not Brad Smith, Not Vince Young, Not Tavaris Jackson who they gave up a 7th round pick for.

Chan Gailey was a moron, and was extremely lucky Fitz was there. Even then I'll bet you don't recall Fitz literally running for his life most of 2010, and his YPC rush average as good as Michael Vick that year. 40 attempts for 269 yards 6.7 yards/A. The Bills went 0 for 8 in 2010, ending with 4-12.

Just like Gailey who had most of the stars already on the Bills roster when he got there. Who exactly did Wisenhunt bring in that got him to a SB? Where did those stars come from?

Dennis Green was 97-62, .610 in his 10 years as Minnesota's HC. While he was only 16-32 at Arizona he knows how to build a team, and was doing so until his meltdown after a MNF game after losing a 20 point lead in that game.

Through his first two years with the team, tho Green only totaled 11 wins with the Cardinals, The Cards still sent players to the Pro bowl and finishing 3rd and 2nd in the NFC West, an improvement over predecessor Dave McGinnis.

Wisenhunt hasn't done anything worthy the last 3 years since Warner retired, where are the pro bowlers from his 2012 team? Where are all the superstars he drafted? Where are the great QB's he drafted or brought in? The man lost his last 11 of 12 games, and finished 45-51 in a crappy division.

But why poach stats? He's 45 - 51 overall. BPA also skips the years where Whiz took them to the Super Bowl (lost to Pitts) and then won a playoff game the next year. Or when he won a Super Bowl as Pittsburgh's O coordinator.

I'm not saying the guy is the answer, but he's not the HORRIBLE coach some want to make him out to be...

Yeah, I agree. The more I read about Whisenhunt, the less I hate him as an option. There are some successes on his resume. Those who want to credit those successes to the good players he had at the time need then to attribute his failures to the bad players he had.

There don't seem to be any sure-fire candidates available and I'm glad the Bills are doing their due diligence. Let's not forget Levy and Belichick had mediocre first stints at head coach too.