It's official, the Bills pick 8th

ThrowingFitz

TEAMS W L T SOS 1 Kansas City 2 14 0.516 2 Jacksonville 2 14 0.539 3 Oakland 4 12 0.469 4 Philadelphia 4 12 0.508 5 Detroit 4 12 0.566 6 Cleveland 5 11 0.508 7 Arizona 5 11 0.559 8 Buffalo 6 10 0.480 9 NY Jets 6 10 0.512 10 Tennessee 6 10 0.512 11 San Diego 7 9 0.457 12 Miami 7 9 0.500 13 Tampa Bay 7 9 0.502 14 Carolina 7 9 0.516 15 New Orleans 7 9 0.521 16 St. Louis 7 8 1 0.539 17 Pittsburgh 8 8 0.465 18 Dallas 8 8 0.523 19 NY Giants 9 7 0.521 20 Chicago 10 6 0.512

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a good year to take a QB early in the draft that would have been better last year . If we are going to make a move up for any one it needs to be a sure fire good player which Teo is about the only one i can see .

Qb's this year are a reach Geno Smith can't play in bad weather so pass on him Barkley is another USC night mare, Jones ah i just don't think so, Wilson is the only one that has been around long enough but i don't know about him either .

Next year would be a much better year to go after a franchise guy , get a decent stop gap QB then pull the trigger after next season ...

Yeah because Jones hasn't started for four years.

Look every draft is about the same and last years QBs were no better except Luck and Griffin were above normal. Were Tannehill, Wilson, Foles, Osweiler viewed any better than this years prospects?

You have a degenerative brain condition if you think he won't be a top ten pick...the guy has proven over the last two years that he is a playmaker, and I feel he would be more than capable of playing OLB in a 4-3.

You have a degenerative brain condition if you think he won't be a top ten pick...the guy has proven over the last two years that he is a playmaker, and I feel he would be more than capable of playing OLB in a 4-3.

His best assets is his pass rushing ability. By far. Playing OLB in the 4-3, he won't be asked to pass rush often (unless we get a badass DC that beings the house). I think it's a wasted pick. I don't hate the Dysert pick. Most view it as a reach, but I too, think he has game. Te'o, QB or trade down IMO.

As the topic says...

Lets start hearing some draft suggestions.

1. Manti Te'o LB

2. Landry Jones QB

3. Da'Rick Rogers WR

Those are my top three as of this post.

I'd like Te'o but he's not going to be there at #8. :(

Kiper has him #2 overall, and I don't think I've ever seen him as low as 8.

Edited by BobChalmers

Bills have so many needs. Take the BPA with the top pick. QB, LB, WR, S, CB or OT. I am not dead set on taking a QB #1 as long as they get one in the top 3 rounds.

I agree with this. If we can get one of the two top OTs, it'd be a great pick. Look how bad Rivers was this season, or Vick, with declining offensive lines. A second-round QB would be helped immensely if we keep building the line to protect him.

That's very kind of you.

Jones will go to a team that can win now (read: has a QB), rather than one that has to build for the future. If he is a top ten pick, it will be like Atlanta's grab of Julio Jones. I can see a team like Pittsburgh or Chicago trading up for him before the wheels fall off and they have to rebuild.

in my sig but I'll put em down to see better;

1. QB Landry Jones 6'4" 235 Oklahoma

2. DE John Simon 6'3" 265 Ohio ST

3. WR Cordarrelle Patterson 6'3" 210 Tenn

4. DT Margus Hunt 6'8" 295 SMU

5. OLB Jelani Jenkins 6'1" 230 Florida

6. RB Zach Line 6'1" 230 SMU

7. TE Zach Sudfeld Nevada

I just can't see them (well, ok...I don't WANT them to) not pick a LB in the first 2 rounds. To me, it's the biggest weakness on the defensive side of the ball. How many fewer yards would they give up on the ground if they had a Patrick Willis/Von Miller type middle LB? This is why I like Te'o...I'd be pleasantly surprised to see him at 8.

My wish for a QB is either Glennon, Dysert, or Landry Jones.

Here's my top 8 for Buffalo's draft board (as of 12/31/12):

1. Smith, QB, West Virginia

2. Werner, DE, Florida State

3. Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame

4. Moore, DE, Texas A&M

5. Jones, OLB, Georgia

6. Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M

7. Lotulelei, DT, Utah

8. Milliner, CB, Alabama

After Geno Smith, I feel like the drop-off between the QB's whom teams will reach for in the top 10 and those who will be available in the 2nd/3rd rounds is negligible.

Here's my top 8 for Buffalo's draft board (as of 12/31/12):

1. Smith, QB, West Virginia

2. Werner, DE, Florida State

3. Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame

4. Moore, DE, Texas A&M

5. Jones, OLB, Georgia

6. Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M

7. Lotulelei, DT, Utah

8. Milliner, CB, Alabama

After Geno Smith, I feel like the drop-off between the QB's whom teams will reach for in the top 10 and those who will be available in the 2nd/3rd rounds is negligible.

Why do most people want more DEs? Do we think Mario, Mark Anderson, & Kyle Moore are so thin that we need to draft a DE before a LB?

Yeah because Jones hasn't started for four years.

Look every draft is about the same and last years QBs were no better except Luck and Griffin were above normal. Were Tannehill, Wilson, Foles, Osweiler viewed any better than this years prospects?

Actually in my opinion smith, Barkley, jones and tyler Wilson are better qb prospects than tannehill foles osweiler

go get the best QB in the draft at #8:

Zac Dysert

Let's take another one with our 2nd round pick, just for good measure. Find a good QB, have a good team, that's really what this league boils down too.

Dysert has game.

Ive seen his name dropped a few times around here so I decided to youtube him. Granted its youtube but he looked very good in that game v Ohio St. Im not a fan of Geno ro Barkley or Jones so I wouldn't mind taking this guy at all. He is accurate and is good in the pocket and looks like he know hows to find the open guy. I cant say that about any of the other three I mentioned.

His best assets is his pass rushing ability. By far. Playing OLB in the 4-3, he won't be asked to pass rush often (unless we get a badass DC that beings the house). I think it's a wasted pick. I don't hate the Dysert pick. Most view it as a reach, but I too, think he has game. Te'o, QB or trade down IMO.

Von Miller seems to do OK in Denver, so it has been done.

Why do most people want more DEs? Do we think Mario, Mark Anderson, & Kyle Moore are so thin that we need to draft a DE before a LB?

Because the pass rush - while improved - was still woefully inconsistent this year, particularly for a 4-3 defense that refuses to blitz. Mario is solid, but Moore and Anderson are backups. Another 10-sack-per-year DE starting opposite Mario would do wonders. Also, quality 4-3 cover OLB's are much easier to find in rounds 2 through 7 than are good pass-rushing DE's.

Now that Wanny is gone, maybe the next DC will think its a good idea to blitz a LB every once in a while, and Jones would fit that bill.

Honestly, you really can't make draft predictions until a new coaching staff is in place...the original question was who you liked in the upcoming draft, and I feel that a stud LB like Te'o or Jones is a better bet in round one than a QB, especially when a QB prospect like Nassib will be available in round 2.

I haven't watched any college football this year. I can't remember being able to say that ever before.

So I'm going to keep my ignorant trap shut when it comes to who I think The Bills should draft. I'll leave that to the new guys in the FO.

1. Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame

2. Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee

3. Zach Dysert QB Miami (OH) or Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse (which ever one is available)

4. Zavier Gooden LB Missouri

5. David Amerson CB NC State

I like this quite a bit. If we also trade for or sign FAs (like 2-4 new players) at QB,WR,LB, and/or DB, id be feeling pretty good.