Will Stevie get 1000?

Charles Romes

The one interesting thing about the game to me is whether Stevie gets his 1000. He is 65 yards away which is not a lot but not a little either. Regardless of what anyone says in public, the number is hugely important to Stevie and its important to Fitz as well. Its also important to Gailey who as a failed head coach will want to preserve his reputation as a receiver maker. Look for Fitz forcing it to Stevie early and often so the number does not become a distraction late in the game. Also look for Comartie to be sitting there the entire first half expecting Fitz to force it so that Stevie gets the 1000.

ate you commenting on the TD that was a TD that was called back because of horrible refs?

If SJ didn't drop so many darn passes this year he'd be over 1100 already. Last year he should have had 1200 except for the drops.

I didn't like that call either and thought it should have been a TD. But that's the way they call it in the NFL now. After that game in the Ravens game they had a similar play and it was ruled a non catch as well.

It would have been a TD if he hadn't gotten lazy and dropped the ball. Stop making excuses for him.

SJ is just like Fitz. Inconsistent. One play he'll make the ESPN play of the day catch and on the next drive drop one that hits him in the hands. Or he'll make short catches all day vs Revis Island only to drop one that hits him in the hands full stride in the 4th quarter when we really need it. Or make a few catches and few drops all game long only to drop one in the EZ in OT vs the defending SB champs.

I'd like to see him get to 1,000...but I don't think it happens. It will be just another missed opportunity by these 2012 Bills.

1000 yards is no longer the milestone it once was. factor in SJ13 is the only NFL quality receiver on the team and yea he should have got his 1000. Account for his drops and fumbles he should have had 1000 3 games ago. Big deal.

I think the single season YPR record is well above 6.5, even if you exclude QBs.

without looking, I'm pretty sure he has the highest average YPC of any rusher in history with a minimum of 100 carries. Not sure. Maybe someone can do it. I'm not.

The one interesting thing about the game to me is whether Stevie gets his 1000. He is 65 yards away which is not a lot but not a little either. Regardless of what anyone says in public, the number is hugely important to Stevie and its important to Fitz as well. Its also important to Gailey who as a failed head coach will want to preserve his reputation as a receiver maker. Look for Fitz forcing it to Stevie early and often so the number does not become a distraction late in the game. Also look for Comartie to be sitting there the entire first half expecting Fitz to force it so that Stevie gets the 1000.

who cares

He deserves it.... it would be good to see him get some kind of reward for putting up with another year with no QB help. I want him to be healthy and motivated next year for our rookie QB.

Deserves it why? Because he drops a ton of balls and is a #2 WR on any other team in the NFL....OK...good luck Stevie

Deserves it why? Because he drops a ton of balls and is a #2 WR on any other team in the NFL....OK...good luck Stevie

Yeah, this is a very stupid claim on your part. Just off the top of my head I'll say Stevie is better than any WR on

the Dolphins

Jets

Browns

Jags

Chargers

Raiders

Vikings

Redskins

Seahawks

Rams

Titans?

Chiefs after Bowe leaves

You can dwell on the negatives and forget some of the amazing catches he's had this year, not to mention how many more he'd have if his QB didn't miss him on so many occasions, or you could put into perspective how impressive three straight 1000yd seasons is. It's a feat than guys by the name of Reed, Lofton, and Moulds never accomplished.

Who cares?

I see the irony must be lost within your deep, well-informed post regarding the topic. Well done.

Edited by stony

I think the single season YPR record is well above 6.5, even if you exclude QBs.

Unfortunately you are correct. :(

With 1000 yards minimum in a season:

(This seems to be the modern standard)

1. 1934 Beattie Feathers 119 - 1004 - 8.4

2. 2012* CJ Siller 183 - 1185 - 6.5

With 100 carries minimum in a season:

2. 1949 Joe Perry 115 - 718 - 6.8

3. 1951 Dan Towler 126 - 854 - 6.8

4. 2012* CJ Siller 183 - 1185 - 6.5

With 90 carries minimum in a season:

(This seems to be the older standard)

2. 1953 Skeet Quinlan 97 - 705 - 7.3

3. 1961 Lenny Moore 92 - 648 - 7.0

4. 1952 Hugh McHlhenny 98 - 684 - 7.0

5. 1949 Joe Perry 115 - 718 - 6.8

6. 1951 Dan Towler 126 - 854 - 6.8

7. 1954 Tank Younger 91 - 610 - 6.7

8. 1948 Johnny Strykalski 141 - 915 - 6.5

9. 2012* CJ Siller 183 - 1185 - 6.5

As an added curio....Lenny Moore must have been a super star for his day.

#. 1956 Lenny Moore 86 - 649 - 7.9

#. 1958 Lenny Moore 82 - 598 - 7.3

Modern Era(1975+) the only players to come close to what Spiller has achieved(6.1 ave or better in a season) are:

2010 Jamaal Charles 230 - 1467 - 6.4

1997 Barry Sanders 335 - 2053 - 6.1

without looking, I'm pretty sure he has the highest average YPC of any rusher in history with a minimum of 100 carries. Not sure. Maybe someone can do it. I'm not.

Well, what I was basing it on was that the acceptable # of rushes is usually around 200 for running back records. Jim Brown had the record at 6.40 from what I had understood. I could be wrong but that's the number that I was looking at. Jamaal Charles had it beat a few years back and then lost the record on one of his last carries IIRC.

Either way, 6.5 YPC is pretty damn good for a "2nd string" RB on a 5 win team haha.

Edited by Wooderson

Well, what I was basing it on was that the acceptable # of rushes is usually around 200 for running back records. Jim Brown had the record at 6.40 from what I had understood. I could be wrong but that's the number that I was looking at. Jamaal Charles had it beat a few years back and then lost the record on one of his last carries IIRC.

Either way, 6.5 YPC is pretty damn good for a "2nd string" RB on a 5 win team haha.

1963 Jim Brown 291 - 1863 - 6.4

Yeah, this is a very stupid claim on your part. Just off the top of my head I'll say Stevie is better than any WR on

the Dolphins

Jets

Browns

Jags

Chargers

Raiders

Vikings

Redskins

Seahawks

Rams

Titans?

Chiefs after Bowe leaves

You can dwell on the negatives and forget some of the amazing catches he's had this year, not to mention how many more he'd have if his QB didn't miss him on so many occasions, or you could put into perspective how impressive three straight 1000yd seasons is. It's a feat than guys by the name of Reed, Lofton, and Moulds never accomplished.

I see the irony must be lost within your deep, well-informed post regarding the topic. Well done.

So 12 teams, including one that's not true til next year? And I'll add Britt and Holmes, on a pure talent level beat him, but have baggage. I think most would pull the trigger on a trade straight up for Blackmon. Stevie vs harvin?

A few teams have 2 guys better than Stevie too.

Stevie's a good player to have, but he's not a game breaker either. Nothing wrong with that. To be in the top 30ish WRs in the world is an honor and he seems like a nice enough guy to go with it.

So 12 teams, including one that's not true til next year? And I'll add Britt and Holmes, on a pure talent level beat him, but have baggage. I think most would pull the trigger on a trade straight up for Blackmon. Stevie vs harvin?

A few teams have 2 guys better than Stevie too.

Stevie's a good player to have, but he's not a game breaker either. Nothing wrong with that. To be in the top 30ish WRs in the world is an honor and he seems like a nice enough guy to go with it.

I think you have taken the poster out of context.

He was replying to this comment.......... "....and is a #2 WR on any other team in the NFL"

His list was to show that the statement was incorrect....and he did this by showing several teams where this would not be the case.

I think you have taken the poster out of context.

He was replying to this comment.......... "....and is a #2 WR on any other team in the NFL"

His list was to show that the statement was incorrect....and he did this by showing several teams where this would not be the case.

I get it. He took a hyperbole and pointed out it wasn't 100% true. There was a hint of truth if its atleast qualified as "debatable" for 25 teams potentially.

Must be a decent QB on the other side of those 3,000+ yards over the last three seasons. Hmmm .....

That's a hard argument to make at this point.

It took me awhile, but I cant support fitz anymore. I think the repeated and pathetic attempts at a deep pass pushed me over the edge.

Unless your sarcasm went over my head? It happens. :D

Edited by rafter

I get it. He took a hyperbole and pointed out it wasn't 100% true. There was a hint of truth if its atleast qualified as "debatable" for 25 teams potentially.

There really can't be a hint of truth in a polarizing statement like the one given. Either the statement was correct or it was incorrect.

I personally would give credit that the poster was both intelligent enough and educated enough to understand the difference between....

"...and is a #2 WR on any other team in the NFL"

and

"...and is a #2 WR on most other teams in the NFL"

The definition of hyperbole is....

Obvious and intentional exaggeration.

The statement was not an obvious exaggeration as SJ's abilities are highly debated.....nor was the statement obviously intentional as nobody knows if the poster actually believes that SJ would be a #2 on every other team in the NFL.

Hyperbole would be to say "SJ is a #2 WR."

To state that every #1 WR in the league is better than him is polarizing and inflammatory to those that believe his abilities are greater than his numbers. Perhaps....just perhaps...being inflammatory was the intent of the poster.

EDIT: I chose not to use the term "Troll" out of respect to the poster.....however with only 11 posts on the forum it makes me wonder.

Edited by Dibs

A lowly draft pick, fought to be the #1 WR on the team. Posts back to back 1000 yard seasons and about to make it three in a row. All the time with a less than stellar QB and while being part of team with inconsistent offensive philosophy. Toned down his attitude this year and been nothing but a team player.

Yes, I root for him and wish him the best. I care and so should every Bills fan.

I am a big fan of SJ13 and I hope he grabs 1K if for no other reason than it's a significant milestone and will help validate all the hard work this kid has put in since Day 1.

That said, who cares?

Dre Reed never did it, but Dre Reed had bigger fish to fry, like January home games.

Eric Moulds never did it, but Eric Moulds played his share of January football as well.

I bet Stevie would actually put up better numbers once this team acquires a true gamebreaking WR and SJ13 can escape the shackles of double coverage and rolling safeties and even if he didnt, he wouldnt give a crap.

Scrimping for 65 yards to get to 1K is a really junky way to end the season.