Cam Newton, he's good

Ryan just to set the record straight I def agree with you about his talent. He is far ahead fitz and many others talent wise I just can't stand his attitude and I don't feel like he will ever have the respect of an entire nfl locker room ya know? He could grow up and change but prob not. As of right now he showboats after every first down and every td he scores even if they are down by 50 which says to me I care more about myself, stats, and publicity more than I care about winning or my teammates. I want our franchise qb bad but I want that guy to just shut up and play football till the clock runs out like an Aaron Rodgers type guy who does the dance when it means something and is completely pissed off when his team is down by 50 not dancing around lol

maybe hes a kobe fan.........thats the kobe route.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy hasn't had a winning season yet man ease up on the praise. There's other things to look at besides stats remember? Like acting like a punk and lacking leadership qualities. Sure acting like an immature showboating egomaniac might get you respect in a college locker room but it won't at this level especially when on top of all of his childish behavior he tells his teammates to "get on his level" haha what an a-hole glad we didn't get him

Well he has more wins than the Great Jim Kelly did after his first two NFL seasons. I know one was strike shortened for Kelly but he would have had to win three more games to match what Newton has done his first two. As far as maturity level, Kelly yelled at his teammates often and was hated by many including Thurman. This is after he had played in professional football much longer. Funny how white QBs that are fiery are just "gamers" but someone like Newton is a punk or gangster. He celebrated a TD down by a lot to the Giants, and he learned not to do it again. Actually, the only other game he was blown out in was Denver, so your whole take there is done. The guy got killed today playing behind a make shift line and got tapped up and came back in. Let's hold judgement on a guy that has had one real training camp on a team that was 2-14 when he took over.

• 3 years later...

Cam needs to improve as a leader but he is a flat out stud. It also goes to show as much difference as a good qb makes, football is still the ultimate team game. That Carolina team was a joke the year before they got Newton.

Of course, there's a good amount of posters who thought Jimmy Clausen was a better qb prospect than Newton.

This dude nailed it. :)

Ryan is da real MVP though. The overreaction to Qbs never gets old!

Let's go baby ! Ringzzzzzzz time

So much for that theory.

He still has another year to be out of football. Whatever may be right still. :)

Tebow had more wins in 11 games than Newton in 16. He puts up stats but he doesn't win. And BTW, he has a solid D, top WR, & solid RBs. The Newton apologists sound like sycophants.

I know a lot of Panthers fans. None of them are confident in Newton. Those that think he can perform on the field only believe so apprehensively. They know how good Steve Smith, who is still as good as ever - even better then then last year. They all see the same things - the basics and fundamentals he just doesn't do - staring down WR, checking down when appropriate (he forces passes), not being stable and sure footed because he is not reading pressure, and most importantly not having a bit of leadership and presence on the team.

None of this will matter to the Newton fan boys, though. But the guy has a bigger hill to climb next year then the last two where he has not developed or progressed at all. He had the great seasons in spite of himself on a team that had no other options then make Cam pass. That exposed him.

Oh, and its just funny. the Newton apologists can make excuses for him but square right on Fitz. I've watched many of Newtons games. Probably 6 or 7. The guy is not much different then Fitz when it comes to performance levels and consistency with errors.

You can hang your hat on all the stats and excuses all you want; that doesn't mean anything come playoff time. When the game is on the line and his team needs him to pull it out he usually falls on his face. He reminds me of a bigger Losman, actually. All deep ball with no short or intermediate game, and he sucks at closing a close one. He's still young enough to learn, but I doubt he puts in the mental effort necessary to do it.

I do agree with you that he has a freakish (Lebron like) skill set, with athletic ability that just seems unfathomable in a man of his size. Physically he's all that and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. If he can get his mind right and ego under control he could be one of the greats. Time will tell if he lives up to the potential. My only point is that to this juncture, IMO, he has not, nor am I terribly optimistic about the future for him, but I've been proven wrong before.

Prophetic??? No!

as a Bills QB we would have been fed up and ready to throw him aside. that he was a number 1 pick helped keep him around. he had all the talent in the world coming out of college and was the clear cut choice as number 1. he had a higher ceiling and took an awful long time to get there.

as this thread illustrates i judge that by success not statistics. i judge that by the ability to win ball games and lead a team. newton did not do that early on and it was a big reason steve smith was let go.

Prophetic??? No!

here we go...not once in this thread or going back through any threads in Cam's first years did you weigh in. In fact, most of the threads I have found of yours - which I began looking for the other day - express no original thought no original opinion and do nothing more than to play Captain Hindsight. Now, Tom has that name sealed up but I think I would pay him to let you use it.

you embody that of arrogance. you poke the hive way too much without any backbone - in case i need to spell it out - you state no opinion but the contrarian view against those whom you can pick out. its awful cute, but most men actually say something at some point instead of caste such wreckless disregard. you belong in politics. You never weighed in on the topic but come in guns out to say "ha!" you're adorable, sweetheart. stick to twitter.

futher, you and others...Where were we wrong? newton was wildly inaccurate his first years, even early this year. he has played inconsistent and many panther fans that are honest will step up and admit that newton might not make it early.

i dare you 26CB, step up and give us your amazingly valuable insights, otherwise i will continue to disregard your immature responses.

as a Bills QB we would have been fed up and ready to throw him aside. that he was a number 1 pick helped keep him around. he had all the talent in the world coming out of college and was the clear cut choice as number 1. he had a higher ceiling and took an awful long time to get there.

as this thread illustrates i judge that by success not statistics. i judge that by the ability to win ball games and lead a team. newton did not do that early on and it was a big reason steve smith was let go.

here we go...not once in this thread or going back through any threads in Cam's first years did you weigh in. In fact, most of the threads I have found of yours - which I began looking for the other day - express no original thought no original opinion and do nothing more than to play Captain Hindsight. Now, Tom has that name sealed up but I think I would pay him to let you use it.

you embody that of arrogance. you poke the hive way too much without any backbone - in case i need to spell it out - you state no opinion but the contrarian view against those whom you can pick out. its awful cute, but most men actually say something at some point instead of caste such wreckless disregard. you belong in politics. You never weighed in on the topic but come in guns out to say "ha!" you're adorable, sweetheart. stick to twitter.

futher, you and others...Where were we wrong? newton was wildly inaccurate his first years, even early this year. he has played inconsistent and many panther fans that are honest will step up and admit that newton might not make it early.

i dare you 26CB, step up and give us your amazingly valuable insights, otherwise i will continue to disregard your immature responses.

Oh Relax.

Yah just ask him & he'll tell you just how great he is !!! :worthy:

Hey look at how good i am :worthy::worthy:

I know because they can't find any one to compare me too they have never seen anything like me me me . I'm just so great !!! :thumbsup: Ask me again … :flirt: