Cam Newton, he's good

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

link? whatever dude is my reply to you. so he has the best first 2 years of any qb ever and he's gonna be out of the league soon?

explain how that works for me please.

Cam Newton may have some personality issues. Is it serious? I don't know, but I think that this is what he was referring to. When you hear him talk in interviews, he seems like a nice enough guy. But there's an "undercurrent" thing going on. Seems like he could run hot and cold way too much for some people's liking.

Cam Newton may have some personality issues. Is it serious? I don't know, but I think that this is what he was referring to. When you hear him talk in interviews, he seems like a nice enough guy. But there's an "undercurrent" thing going on. Seems like he could run hot and cold way too much for some people's liking.

he's definetly a lil full of himself, i do understand why some might not like him. he's still young, i can't imagine how big of an egomaniac i would be if i was in his shoes at such a young age. his attitude will improve with age IMO.

I enjoy watching him run over LB's and CB's on the regular, I think the guy is a tank with a cannon for an arm.

Big fan.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Best 2 year start of all time. This is some required reading for the I'd take Fitz over Newton crowd :D :D that was lurking a few months back.

I love some me some good qb's.

http://www.advancedn...ium=twitter&m=1

cam will be a good qb i think but never a great qb. he doesnt want it that bad. lacks the number 1 thing for great quarterbacks and thats work ethic

that's why they had the #1 pick............just a terrible secondary in his rookie year.

IMO with a lil time and fill out WR/Def.........cam will get his ring.

I guess we'll see. But until then (or at least until Luck* and RG3* have better two year starts), I'll hold off on the 'all hail' part.

* both of whom are taking doormat teams to the playoffs as rookies btw.

Best 2 year start of all time. This is some required reading for the I'd take Fitz over Newton crowd :D :D that was lurking a few months back.

I love some me some good qb's.

http://www.advancedn...ium=twitter&m=1

Total "What If" Situation here. Cam plays for Carolina, not Buffalo. Who know and who cares what would have been. All I know Is the Bills need a QB not named Fitz and without an attitude problem.

Jay Cutler is not a leader and is a fraction of the talent of Cam Newton.

Cam Newton will have a long career in the NFL and put up lots of stats, Much Like LeBron James early in his career

If Cam Newton develops and turns into a leader he may get some rings.

If he continues to be a jerk, he'll just be a losing stat monster.

Great for Fantasy Football either way.

that's why they had the #1 pick............just a terrible secondary in his rookie year.

IMO with a lil time and fill out WR/Def.........cam will get his ring.

This is not meant to be argumentative and i'm not going to start a debate with you, but you're probably the one poster on this board who constantly rips on Fitz for every damn thing that goes wrong on the team, but with Cam Newton, you quickly defend his W/L numbers by stating that the team around him sucks.

How's our secondary, and where are we constantly drafting? :)

Edited by bobobonators

cam will be a good qb i think but never a great qb. he doesnt want it that bad. lacks the number 1 thing for great quarterbacks and thats work ethic

He doesn't want it that bad? What in the world?!?! Link

quote from article:

That type of attitude is appreciated by his teammates. Newton's work ethic, not his skills, helped quickly win over his teammates.

Where do you gather that he doesn't have any work ethic from?

I guess we'll see. But until then (or at least until Luck* and RG3* have better two year starts), I'll hold off on the 'all hail' part.

* both of whom are taking doormat teams to the playoffs as rookies btw.

Colts were nowhere near as bad as the #1 pick last year. The tank job was painfully obvious as well as 8 of there 9 wins being by less than a td which means the team has a lot of "luck."

As for the RG3 who would you rather have develop a qb - Ron Riviera or Mike Shanahan? They also didn't have the #1 pick last year and finished 5-11 compared to the 2-14 team Cam joined.

I don't want to get into a who's better Cam or RG3 debate bc I believe RG3 is but Cam is a beast on the field. He isn't the reason the Panthers are terrible this year. (btw 7 of their 9 losses are by less than a td this year which implies some unluckiness)

This is not meant to be argumentative and i'm not going to start a debate with you, but you're probably the one poster on this board who constantly rips on Fitz for every damn thing that goes wrong on the team, but with Cam Newton, you quickly defend his W/L numbers by stating that the team around him sucks.

How's our secondary, and where are we constantly drafting? :)

No debate is needed we both know our positions when it comes to ole fitzy.

Bills might be in playoff range w Cam IMO. More time w offense on field, less 3 and outs.

Trickle down effect if you will.

These two fitz and cam weren't cut from the same cloth.....Cam was blessed w athleticism and a rocket arm......fitz ahhhh well he's a hard worker. Cam won me some $$$ as I drafted him as rookie last year to win a fantasy football league. I love the kid.

I wouldn't try to compare the two they are on different levels IMO.

He doesn't want it that bad? What in the world?!?! Link

quote from article:

That type of attitude is appreciated by his teammates. Newton's work ethic, not his skills, helped quickly win over his teammates.

Where do you gather that he doesn't have any work ethic from?

Colts were nowhere near as bad as the #1 pick last year. The tank job was painfully obvious as well as 8 of there 9 wins being by less than a td which means the team has a lot of "luck."

As for the RG3 who would you rather have develop a qb - Ron Riviera or Mike Shanahan? They also didn't have the #1 pick last year and finished 5-11 compared to the 2-14 team Cam joined.

I don't want to get into a who's better Cam or RG3 debate bc I believe RG3 is but Cam is a beast on the field. He isn't the reason the Panthers are terrible this year. (btw 7 of their 9 losses are by less than a td this year which implies some unluckiness)

4 of the bills losses this year are by 7 points or less.. :bag::ph34r:

No debate is needed we both know our positions when it comes to ole fitzy.

Bills might be in playoff range w Cam IMO. More time w offense on field, less 3 and outs.

Trickle down effect if you will.

These two fitz and cam weren't cut from the same cloth.....Cam was blessed w athleticism and a rocket arm......fitz ahhhh well he's a hard worker. Cam won me some $$$ as I drafted him as rookie last year to win a fantasy football league. I love the kid.

I wouldn't try to compare the two they are on different levels IMO.

i hear everything you say and don't necessarily disagree that much..just trying to avoid the grass is greener syndrome.