Cam Newton, he's good

Would I take him over 28-30 current QBs? I sure would, but that was a poor performance by him last night. He wasn't helped by the o-line or receivers either.

In the postgame he came across as petulant & immature. That's not how you want your leader to represent your organization.

yup!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently in the post game chris harris is in the background heckling cam so actually he's showing some maturity and just leaving instead of getting into it. BTW what was it that Lombardi used to say about losing? That's right.

On the other hand, Newton makes himself a very easy target for that kind of thing with his ego, his showboating and his mouth. He didn't show maturity, only that he can't sit there and take the same kind of crap that he dishes out to everyone else.

I'm not saying he's a him, but my knock on him was always his inability to handle pressure. This Panther team put up a lot of points early and played great D. There weren't a lot of last minute victories. When the pressure was on Cam crumbled. Way it is.

I find your comments odd and unwarranted. The SB was one game against a great defense. Cam Newton is a great player! I do think he has maturity and ego issues though. Edited by Manther

I find your comments odd and unwarranted. The SB was one game against a great defense. Cam Newton is great!

many found cams statements and displays odd and unwarranted. But I guess he was just having fun and we aren't allowed to...

Absolutely.....this guy is a front runner...its easy to be a "good leader" when you are winning. How you act when you lose reveals your true character, and Cam showed himself to be exactly what I always thought he was....an immature, selfish clown who has a lot of growing up to do.

I hope he will take this experience, and learn from it, because he is a game-changing talent.

Guys like him need to be knocked down a peg, so they have the opportunity to learn from it, grow from it, and be better for it in the long run.

I can't disagree with any of that. Well said. I hope and think he will continue to grow. But, if he doesn't he still is a great player. It is very rare for a player in any sport to be an amazing ambassador of their sport. I can only think of two. Gretzky and Peyton.

Cam newton is a punk.

Period. And anyone who says "oh you're just old and don't understand his culture" is full of ****. Sorry, but that's the truth. Last night was a battle of class and dignity against classlessness and foolishness. Class won.

Does class include a QB who drags his scrotum over the face of a female trainer? Cause there was one QB playing who did that and he wasn't wearing #1.

Does class include a QB who drags his scrotum over the face of a female trainer? Cause there was one QB playing who did that and he wasn't wearing #1.

:lol:

Never heard that one.

Among other things, class includes not acting like an ass toward your competition. Class is standing up and taking the heat when you lost the game for your team. Two things which Cam is clearly challenged with.

Just firing back at you a bit ;):beer:

But I do like Cam, no change there. He handled the aftermath very poorly though.

Dude's a whiner, and a choker. I think that was on display in full last night.

Built a hellacious year on the back of a lousy NFC South, and when he played a real defense, gagged hard.

Come on....are we still really hanging on to this story from 20+ years ago? :rolleyes: