Cam Newton, he's good

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate Tom Brady, there's a reason why he is who he is. He's the most competitive guy in the league.

Tom Brady's interview after the SB loss against the Giants. The way an elite QB is supposed to act. Newton is just a b*tch. His true colors came out during the SB loss when he didn't even dive for the ball. And for those defending his actions because he was concerned about his well being and didn't want to get hurt. That's BULL. He's a QB that loves to run the ball, puts his body on the line by doing a flip over the line to get in the end zone during the regular season. Now during the super bowl, you're to tell me he backed off because he didn't want to get hurt? He was scared. Broncos got in his head and he backed off because he was afraid so stop making excuses for him. When things go his way, he's all smiles and dancing. When things don't? Biggest baby I've ever seen. Dude needs to grow up and man up.

I guess since Tom Brady is a good loser, he's a loser

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

For as good as Cam is and acclaimed to further be to excellent, great, GOAT... at quarterback its hard to say. The greatest succeed under pressure and come out on top.

Cam has yet to succeed under pressure, to over come obstacles to win when it matters.

For as good as Cam is and acclaimed to further be to excellent, great, GOAT... at quarterback its hard to say. The greatest succeed under pressure and come out on top.

Cam has yet to succeed under pressure, to over come obstacles to win when it matters.

Uh, pretty sure Cam won a national championship not too long ago, saying he has yet to win when it matters might not be entirely accurate.

But carry on.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Uh, pretty sure Cam won a national championship not too long ago, saying he has yet to win when it matters might not be entirely accurate.

But carry on.

Ken Dorsey, Gino Torretta, Tim Tebow, Matt Leinart, Josh Heupel, Matt Mauck, Vince Young. AJ McCarron. All winners when it matters.

But carry on.

Now before some of you slam me for comparing these guys to Cam. I'm not. But winning a national championship means nothing at the next level

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

• 2 weeks later...

But carry on.

I kinda' agree with you and I thought that his experience winning a BCS championship would allow him to play loose in the SB.

But to be honest, he played relatively poorly in that BCS championship game and then he really stunk it up in the SB.

I think he is a great player......not getting him after fielding that dogasss team was an onfield disaster for the Bills organization........but his phony behavior reminds me a lot of OJ.

Not only did he win a national championship he also, you know, won the NFC title game. Pretty sure there is some pressure in playoff football. Or do you think the only pressure situation in a football game occurs in the Super Bowl?

My problem with Cam (other than his poor attitude) is that I feel his window for success is really small. He was fantastic last year but the way he plays - carrying the ball and not sliding many times - combined with his really poor throwing mechanics leads me to believe that the moment his strength starts to fade, either by injury or age, he will be about as inaccurate as a QB can be. Right now he's able to overcome his poor mechanics with pure strength, that isn't what QBs who have a long, successful, career do. Just watch the guy play, I don't think I've seen worse footwork on an NFL QB ever. Unless he really starts working on his fundamentals he won't be a QB who has success into his mid to late 30s.

Best 2 year start of all time. This is some required reading for the I'd take Fitz over Newton crowd :D :D that was lurking a few months back.

I love some me some good qb's.

http://www.advancedn...ium=twitter&m=1

huh? one winning season, one losing season = best 2 year start ? his first two years 6-10, 7-9 = not best two year start (we would have run him out of town halfway thru the 7-9 season btw)...or do you mean fantasy numbers?? schedule driven - their division is a hot mess witnessed by 7-8-1 division champs in 2014. Saints are terrible not getting any better for a while, Bucs are still a ways away and Atlanta a tire fire. This from a guy who told me in the two bills chat room wins and losses are all that matters on quarterbacks